• Visit Sportsmans Guide

Blades

Robocop1051

• Replies 616
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, planeflyer21 said:

Being that it is Cali, if he can own an automatic knife being on the posse, have him look at Benchmade.

When working retail, Benchmade gave an awesome discount to employees and law enforcement.  Something that retailed for $400 was around $125.

That would be awesome the ones I want start at 400$. I'd like an out the front auto out auto in. But fuck are they pricey 

• 4 months later...

Grabbed two one for me one for a freind! Already cut my self twice in ten min ?? fuckers are sharp! I can see forge hammering on the back of the blade.. sheth is ok but im sure a paracord wrap and lanyard to lock it in will be peice of mind? The hand fits just for my large hand. (Xl atlas gloves) very grippy handle,  dry. Blade heavey but very lite. It will cut!!

IMG_5172.JPG

• 2 months later...
7 hours ago, blue109 said:

Got it too cheap to pass up. Already saw some sell for $120+. Not sure if I want to use it or just stick it in the top of a closet and let it's value climb. Size is perfect for a general purpose camp knife.

Makes me wanna eat a steak! Lol

On ‎1‎/‎3‎/‎2017 at 9:57 PM, sketch said:

Grabbed two one for me one for a freind! Already cut my self twice in ten min ?? fuckers are sharp! I can see forge hammering on the back of the blade.. sheth is ok but im sure a paracord wrap and lanyard to lock it in will be peice of mind? The hand fits just for my large hand. (Xl atlas gloves) very grippy handle,  dry. Blade heavey but very lite. It will cut!!

IMG_5172.JPG

I bought one. Love it! Comfortable, good edge, great sheath. There is the area at the front that would be good for a paracord wrap or something to keep the knife in, but I have found it locks into the sheath just fine for every day use. paracord wrap over the top of it might be good for some rough hikes where you might loose your footing and fall every now and then.

This is my new thing to buy for people as gifts. Won't hurt my bank account and yet people won't wonder "why the hell did he buy me this crap?"

On 1/3/2017 at 9:57 PM, sketch said:

IMG_5172.JPG

Got one last year. That is my boat knife. 

10 hours ago, ARTrooper said:

sweet, would love to see pics of it with the lanyard

Really isnt a lanyard for a wrist per say more for the locking feature..

i just did mine since i dont have picks of my bro's.  Drilled the handle used about 30" of 550 cord and tied a diamond knot to fit. Trick is to get that knot tight so its pretty hard to slip over the buckle.. the knot will tighten and produce slack over time.  I also left the working ends to tug on for ease of looping and unlooping.  10 minutes while learning the knot on youtube. ?

IMG_5660.JPG

IMG_5661.JPG