• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Blades

Robocop1051

I want to buy a switch blade, but I can't see spending 4-500$ on a knife when I could buy a pistol for that. I would like a retractable blade style. Anythoughts? 

I hade a bokermatic but was stolen thanks to the ex's meth friends! I think i paid 90$

• Replies 616
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

A while back I decided I needed a zombie killer and ordered a CRKT Hisshou. The blade was absolutely perfect, but the Japanese style handle really sucked. I had a local knife maker do me up a new handle in micarta, (trying to match the Mark V) and the result is a much more usable weapon. 

As bought:

20160122_203128_zpshnn6fnmt.jpg

20160123_151544_zpsl84sqg3t.jpg

Completely transformed:

CRKT%20Hisshou%20with%20new%20handle_zps

new%20handle%20close%20up_zpsd0ymf0xm.jp

20 minutes ago, daddyusmaximus said:

A while back I decided I needed a zombie killer and ordered a CRKT Hisshou. The blade was absolutely perfect, but the Japanese style handle really sucked. I had a local knife maker do me up a new handle in micarta, (trying to match the Mark V) and the result is a much more usable weapon. 

As bought:

20160122_203128_zpshnn6fnmt.jpg

20160123_151544_zpsl84sqg3t.jpg

Completely transformed:

CRKT%20Hisshou%20with%20new%20handle_zps

new%20handle%20close%20up_zpsd0ymf0xm.jp

Beautiful

3 hours ago, daddyusmaximus said:

This Benchmade Stryker auto has been my daily carry for over 10 years now. 

043_zpsckqeyuu1.jpg

One of our members here, CSM-H (also my uncle), bought this knife for my father as a retirement gift. He has carried it everyday for nearly 10 years now.

I had to take the assist rod out of my benchmade.  Every little piece of dirt would hang it up. Working primarily on construction sites....well...there was a lot of dirt. 

I went to retrieve it from its box in the drawer...and the box is empty. So, no photo. Damn it. Now I gotta figure out where it went. 

Found it. Along with another worn out bench. I quit destroying pricey knives and moved on to these CRKT's. Got a dozen of these laying around in different flavors. Really liked the fire dept model in red handle with black blade. This one is the current everyday. If I know it's going to be a bad day in the field I carry my orange one. 

image.jpeg

Edited by DNP

Needed a chepo long shank!? Buck reaper fit the bill! Havent used it yet but its shave sharp? I wraped the small handle in 550 cord and forgot about sharp. Squeezed in to the blade just enough to rember!

pix not working? 

Had to add a button for the added width of the para cord to the blade  retention strap. I gound had a button kit that fit  the buck button size.

So far budget knife is lite and sharp on skin. ?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

So, my dad is looking for a new folder. He's wanting something he can have as a member of the LE group that us normal Califonia kids can't have. To make it complicated...because that's how he likes things...he has an issue that must also be addressed. He has nerve damage in his right hand (which is the dominant one). His thumb is not as strong as it could be but mostly he has very little feeling in his thumb. I gave him one of my CRKT's with the Carson flipper and thought that would work....turns out, not much feeling in the index finger either. I'm amazed he can shoot as well as he does.  He had five brothers growing up and he punched one of them through a glass shower door probably around Jr High age.  Dumbass move.  Cut his wrist pretty bad-the first doctor wanted to know if they wanted him to cut it off at the wrist or the elbow!  Anyone got any thoughts on a blade that might fit gimpy's requirements of easy open and out of reach of the "average" California citizen?  

Edited by DNP

Maybe something like an Emerson wave? Snaps open as you draw it?

Benchmade auto or axis lock is probably the easiest system out. Pushbutton opening for the auto knives. Axis lock takes a little bit to get use to, but once you do it's pretty cool and very fast.

ZT assisted are usually flippers but require very little force to open them. Not autos, but just a little tug with your finger and it springs right open

Right on. Thank you. I owned an assisted as shown above in the thread and it was only nice if it was cleaned and adjusted regularly. Been it was nice though...it was really nice.  Never owned an auto.  That's probably more along the lines of what he's looking for.  I asked for specifics and he could only say...."something you can't have, other than that I don't know".  When asked why..."because I can?"

His is birthday is coming up quick and apparently this is what he wants.