• Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Blades

Robocop1051

1 minute ago, jtallen83 said:

Very similar to a kit issued to the Cavalry in the late 1800's. Found one at an auction once and sold it for $600. Found a part of one I kept, just the handle that doubled as a shoeing hammer and a stake to tie the horse to.

Remember the BII they issued to every HMMWV?  The "Pioneer Tools"?

Legacy%20Pioneer%20Tools%201.jpg

The Army eventually got smart, and replaced that high-priced shiit with the Max Axe.  I had my own Max Axe long before the Army ever got that smart, though - essential part of the Jeep.  :thumbup:

• Replies 616
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

57 minutes ago, 98Z5V said:

Remember the BII they issued to every HMMWV?  The "Pioneer Tools"?

Legacy%20Pioneer%20Tools%201.jpg

The Army eventually got smart, and replaced that high-priced shiit with the Max Axe.  I had my own Max Axe long before the Army ever got that smart, though - essential part of the Jeep.  :thumbup:

You cant imagine the pain an suffering involved in the monthly BII layout and inspection in a tank company. 

• 2 weeks later...

I've had a Gerber Answer FAST for a couple years, it was my at home carry knife so it didn't see much use but became loose with a floppy blade so I shipped it back to gerber. They quit making this model and couldn't fix it so they let me pick one of a similar value for a replacement. I picked the Venture, a titanium handled knife with their new assisted opening....problem is assisted opening means you need to assist it with pliers! Piss poor knife design, don't waste your time, in my case time and the postage required to send it back!

Venture_fulljpg.thumb.jpg.424112f25e9f4a533b7cc59e34cca244.jpg

http://www.gerbergear.com/Knives/Assisted/Venture_30-000405

Answer..............................Cold Steel. I love their stuff.

I carry one of their 4" folders everyday. Have been for about 20+ years. And don't even get me stated about their fixed blades.

How come everything I seem to like cost's so god damn much? :lmao:

Edited by Rsquared

6 minutes ago, Rsquared said:

I carry one of their 4" folders everyday. Have been for about 20+ years. And don't even get me stated about their fixed blades.

I have a Cold Steel SRK strapped to the left upper on my roll cage on the Jeep.  It's not to keep away zombie attackers or anything dramatic like that.  I have that bitch there to cut me out of my harness if I'm upside down...  :laffs:

Fuckin A right my brother. I've carried that Cold Steel tanto blade folder (voyager series) for what seems like forever. And I've cut just about everything with it. From cardboard to electrical copper wire. I absolutely LOVE their tanto blades.......in all fashions. Fixed or folding.

596ed239ba045_Chestrigknife.thumb.jpg.a57545d8e788c6da986f9289a19c788c.jpg

This one's one of my favorites. An 8 inch fixed blade. The term "sharp edge" couldn't be specified enough. And it's, easily, almost 20 years old. An older recon tanto style. LOVE IT!

Ive got the recon tanto in san mai. Love the knife but the handle could stand to be 1/2" longer. 

Im always searching local classifieds for an old japan made voyager tanto. So classic. I wont buy any of the newer china made stuff though. Same with SOG. These days most of it is Chinese,  but the higher end knives are still us and japan made.

Gerber....well....yuck. lol. 

1 hour ago, blue109 said:

Ive got the recon tanto in san mai. Love the knife but the handle could stand to be 1/2" longer. 

Im always searching local classifieds for an old japan made voyager tanto. So classic. I wont buy any of the newer china made stuff though. Same with SOG. These days most of it is Chinese,  but the higher end knives are still us and japan made.

Gerber....well....yuck. lol. 

I hear ya dude. The Japanese-made blades seemed to be the pinnacle for a lot of the Cold Steel knives. That san mai is a beautifully made piece of steel. You must have bigger paws than I do. Cause that recon seems to fit my hand way too comfortable. It folds back against my wrist waaayyy too easily.

Edited by Rsquared

9 hours ago, Rsquared said:

I have a bunch of their blades, full sized Recon, mini Recon, Voyager. Incredibly strong folders, but their AUS-8 blades don't keep their edge and dull relatively quickly. Prefer my Spyderco Delica Sabre for edc. Super all-round blade.spyderco-delica-c11pbk-thumb.jpg

I quit buying them a few years back cuz the quality just wasn't there. I beat it a lot at work but it held an edge like shit. I now carry a leather man now which is great for work my none work carry is a camillus it sees a lot of letters and box opening, but it's still razor sharp after a few years. When I bought it, it said "fast open" I thought it was like a gerber but it's more like a flip of the wrist open

• 2 weeks later...

bro found this not sure if its gtg but he placed the order ..https://www.universalmania.com/products/ontario-knife-company-rat-1095-7?utm_source=TPA%20On%20Google%20Shopping&utm_campaign=Merchant-Center&utm_medium=cpc&utm_term=All-Products&utm_content=Shopping&adgroupid=46211523538&product_partition_id=293946777986&product_id=34832862986&device=m&gclid=EAIaIQ

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/28/2017 at 11:52 PM, sketch said:

bro found this not sure if its gtg but he placed the order ..https://www.universalmania.com/products/ontario-knife-company-rat-1095-7?utm_source=TPA%20On%20Google%20Shopping&utm_campaign=Merchant-Center&utm_medium=cpc&utm_term=All-Products&utm_content=Shopping&adgroupid=46211523538&product_partition_id=293946777986&product_id=34832862986&device=m&gclid=EAIaIQ

On 7/29/2017 at 6:52 PM, 98Z5V said:

That is a great deal.

EDIT - Eff it, I bought one.  Let you know when it comes in.   

Ontario RAT knife came in today!  Quick shipping and great info along the way.  We'll see how they handle sending me some new unprimed Hornady .204 Ruger brass instead of the knife I ordered, though...  

Order jacked.JPG

On ‎7‎/‎18‎/‎2017 at 10:13 PM, Rsquared said:

I have a cold steel original Outdoorsman that was machined from a 5 pound single piece of stainless steel. Bought it 30 years ago. It has field dressed 22 deer, and I never need a hatchet to break the sternum cartilage. I sharpen it once every five years or five deer, whichever comes first. The good quality Cold Steel stuff rocks! THeir cheaper lines not so much, in my experience.

8 hours ago, 98Z5V said:

Ontario RAT knife came in today!  Quick shipping and great info along the way.  We'll see how they handle sending me some new unprimed Hornady .204 Ruger brass instead of the knife I ordered, though...  

Order jacked.JPG

So they sent you brass instead of the knife? How about you @sketch did yours show up?

11 hours ago, Sisco said:

I have a cold steel original Outdoorsman that was machined from a 5 pound single piece of stainless steel. Bought it 30 years ago. It has field dressed 22 deer, and I never need a hatchet to break the sternum cartilage. I sharpen it once every five years or five deer, whichever comes first. The good quality Cold Steel stuff rocks! THeir cheaper lines not so much, in my experience.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B001MPFNMC/ref=mp_s_a_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1502237366&sr=8-2&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_QL65&keywords=cold+steel+outdoorsman&dpPl=1&dpID=31XIoiUvJ8L&ref=plSrch

11 hours ago, blue109 said:

So they sent you brass instead of the knife? How about you @sketch did yours show up?

same thing happend to my bro.. something got switched in the description and price and picture.. 

@98Z5V i didnt know you had a 204..

I kind of had a feeling that price was not legit for that knife.. 

Edited by sketch
Shits