• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

DIY Keymod FFHG

Matt.Cross

As much as I shop online for goodies, I must say, I don't see lots of keymod stuff, and I gotta wonder if something like this will stop the standard from being widely adopted.

That's a very good point, completely valid. I guess that's the price I'll be paying to try to push leading-edge design and technology onto what is still a fairly narrow market, I'm hoping the fact that I'm not just copycatting a bunch of stuff that's already grown tired in the aftermarket components market will play well with my customer base. I mean, Tom has already found a Geisselle rail that's very much emulating my own idea. GEISELLE, no less... The "Celtic Cross" pattern has a lot of traction in the market, but I feel I'm well positioned to threaten the difficulties that design throws into the equation.

Talked to Matt extensively on the phone tonight - we can make a RRA version.  One of you RRA bastards just needs to remove a handguard and send it.  There's nothing that can't be solved here.  Once we solve it...

We don't have to listen to any more RRA crying again...  <lmao>

I'm thrilled to see this much interest in the product! With regard to those looking to invest, you probably know very well that startups aren't inexpensive to get up and going, so PM me about that, I've got some good profit-sharing options that I think you'll like a lot. 

I don't yet have a time frame for mass production of these just yet. The parts and assembly are incredibly complex and I'm trying to find a way to simplify and expedite machining and assembly processes in order to widen the margins on these enough to make it both worthwhile and competitively priced.