• Visit EuroOptic
  • Visit Site
  • Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Received some new batches of Cerakote...

98Z5V

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yep, just pick the "black" that you want.  Believe it or not, there are several of them. 

Should have my new paint Tuesday night, parts in the blast cabinet Wednesday, painted and assembled Thursday. 

Should be outside putting a new radiator in the Dodge right now, but I'm in here fucking with you guys.  This $hit needs to be on the road in the morning...  :rant2:

Get all the dodge work done prior to dune trip....Por favor.

Did that today, and did NOT expect it.  Thought I'd do an oil change on it today....

Radiator is just pissing.  I ask myself, "Self, ig yousee coolant on the ground, would you suspect an issue?" 

Self says, "Yep, you'd have a water-problem in your truck."

Self is always honest with me, and I can trust him.  However...

Dawn  Marie didn't notice any coolant leak, and she drives that thing everyday.  She had no clue.  No mention, no indication.

Tank was split, on the right side (side-tank radiator).  Thought I was changing oil and filter, turned into much more today.  Just finished up the radiator install.

Thanks for the heads up, little woman.  Or, the lack of a heads up.  You rock, chica.  <thumbsup>

Women have much more important things to focus on. They're always planning out how they will get the dishes and laundry done, and what they want to make you for dinner, along with what they should wear tomorrow to look best for you....

I'll give her a pass on ignoring the mode of transportation. It was just a dodge pissing all over itself, not really an uncommon sight, right? Glad it's fixed up...hope it didn't interfere with any rifle projects.

Women have much more important things to focus on. They're always planning out how they will get the dishes and laundry done, and what they want to make you for dinner, along with what they should wear tomorrow to look best for you....

I'll give her a pass on ignoring the mode of transportation. It was just a dodge pissing all over itself, not really an uncommon sight, right? Glad it's fixed up...hope it didn't interfere with any rifle projects.

Not my Wife. Since I retired this past year I do the dishes, laundry, just mine as she does not like the way I do laundry. I just throw all the crap in, do not measure the soap, turn it on and do not worry about the temp or settings. She brings the food home as she does like my cooking but she probably does think about what to wear to work the next day. I farm a bit of land. How am I suppose to get my builds and reloading done. oh well, there is always tomorrow Do not fret to much about the way women think, because you will never figure it out. They are always changing their minds and thinking about something else. I put mileage stickers on the window for service reminders but things still go wrong and she just cannot figure it out. Sorry about your pissing Dodge. Is it a male or female? ^-^

That gray is fukked up.  It came out almost white, when you see it on person.  Not liking it.  Would have been the perfect mix for the gray on Dawn Marie's ghost gun, though. 

I'm not going to blast the melonited XD-45 slide.  Melonite is damn slick, too.  Gonna be interesting how it comes out, and how it wears.  That's the reason for not blasting it.  We'll see what happens, over time.  <dontknow>

I now know you can bake an EOTech, though...  <lmao>

That gray is fukked up.  It came out almost white, when you see it on person.  Not liking it.  Would have been the perfect mix for the gray on Dawn Marie's ghost gun, though. 

I'm not going to blast the melonited XD-45 slide.  Melonite is damn slick, too.  Gonna be interesting how it comes out, and how it wears.  That's the reason for not blasting it.  We'll see what happens, over time.  <dontknow>

I now know you can bake an EOTech, though...  <lmao>

If you just rough up the outside of the slide for coating & leave the internal surfaces of the slide intact , would be all you need for keeping it slick  on the places it needs to be .

Makes you wonder if it will even adhere to the Treated slide .

If you just rough up the outside of the slide for coating & leave the internal surfaces of the slide intact , would be all you need for keeping it slick  on the places it needs to be .

Makes you wonder if it will even adhere to the Treated slide .

Gonna try it as-is and see what happens.  Worst case scenario - wears off quickly.  At that point, it goes in the blast cabinet, then gets repainted. 

Tomorrow is going to be an interesting day.  In addition to the Melonited-slides-accept-Cerakote test, we get to see how the EOTechs-can-be-baked-twice test goes.  <thumbsup>

Metal rifle parts are gassing out right now, then get painted/baked.  Will work on the few rifle plastic pieces (with EOTech) and XD frame next.  XD slide in Burnt Bronze is last. 

XDs isn't getting painted today - just the XD.  Gonna see how it turns out first, because I don't mind redoing it if I don't like it.  When I get to the XDs, I only wanna do that one ONE TIME.  That little bastard is hard to strip down.

Edited by 98Z5V