• Visit EuroOptic
  • Visit Site
  • Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Received some new batches of Cerakote...

98Z5V

XDs is a complete bitch to break all the way down to the bare frame and bare slide.  Already done that once on the slide, and twice on the frame.  Not looking forward to doing it to paint it, but I'll manage.  It just sucks.

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Twice-Baked EOTech 512.  Patriot Brown hood, Burnt Bronze batt cap.  Turned it on max bright to get it on the camera - it's not harmed in any way, and is perfect on the lower settings, just like normal.

Fucking doubters...  <lmao>

(((Don't exceed 170 degrees when baking - I don't know what will happen.  This was baked at 170 degrees.  Twice.)))

post-7-0-99621000-1412309875_thumb.jpg

post-7-0-09665500-1412309884_thumb.jpg

I know my computer geek friend baked my motherboard at 240 to help "fix" a problem it had. Supposedly it will help reconnect a broken solder that you can't pinpoint. It's a WAG of a solution, but it worked on a board that just didn't want to play.

Matt saved it for me.

Matt is a freak, too.  THAT explains alot.  About Matt anyway.  Oh, the stories you and I could tell about him.  Drunk fighting at the camp fire, getting ridden around in the sand by the Yeti, "losing" his sunglasses - that he threw in the fire the night before.  Racing a guy with street tires, in the sand - and it's NOT FAIR!  Getting knocked out.  Getting up.  Then ASKING to be knocked out by a guy he's got in a chokehold...  <lmao>

It just doesn't end.  <laughs>

Baked the EOTech (and all my non-metal, plastic parts) at 170 for 2 hours.  <thumbsup>

Final result - indoor pics at night, with flash, so they suck.  I'll get daylight pics on Sunday and get them in here.  Precariously posed against a nastyass cactus. 

post-7-0-57684800-1412404211_thumb.jpg

post-7-0-98509500-1412404224_thumb.jpg

post-7-0-77156100-1412404856_thumb.jpg

post-7-0-01350600-1412404867_thumb.jpg

post-7-0-44624700-1412404877_thumb.jpg

Edited by 98Z5V

DNP has my back.   <thumbsup>

Request completed.   <lmao>

I meant to grab some pics last week, but $hit around here went kinda haywire.  I'll get them this Thursday and put them in this thread. 

Didn't happen today - had to go in to work, on the day off.  Had no choice really.  One guy at work has 39 things on his list, and it's as much as he can do.  Another dude has 80~90, and he got beat up by his bike last Friday on the way into work, so he hasn't been in all week.  Another guy has 108 things on his list, and he always disappears off the service drive, like a fucking ghost.  When I left work last night, I had 118 jobs in the works, and I'm helping the guy that wiped out keep his shits in order...

Had to go in today to clear some of that shits off, without distraction. 

Sunday, the place is closed though.  Stay tuned.  <thumbsup>