• Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Working on a PSA PA-10 build

crimsonfalcon07

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"We're" not on a roll... No, But you are a douchbag posting meaningless poop!

I bet your favorite site is AR15.com too!

If it can't be seen that I'm adding knowledge with first hand experiance then I must be wasting my time here. Especially if I'm just getting 'you hurt my feelings' and meaningless messages.

I completely misjudged this place. I don't have time to waste on a keyboard here.

I sort of feel sorry for the few mature people that I could of helped here.

Good luck,

I'm out.

lol. you either fit right in here....or you don't. no need to get all sad about it. your contributions are welcome, but you can't expect to show up and toss insults at people and act like you are gods gift to rifles. were all glad your gun works. crimson, and the other PSA fails have ALL been based on PSAs screw up. nobody had bashed a complete PSA rifle in here at all. insinuating he didn't know what he was doing is where you went south. you havnt been here long enough to be that much of a "douche" yet. feel free to power wash the abrasives out of your vagina and try again. if you can't handle a little hazing, than it wasn't meant to be. plenty of new members are fitting right in.

He has just been banned. I'm not dealing with this anymore. 3 posts and he had the balls to tell us what is expected here. Nope, not happening.

Here's the deal folks. Opinions are ok. Lashing out at others and name calling, not so much. If your new, have questions, it's ok. If you have experiences you want to share, it's ok. If you think you can come into my house and FUCK WITH MY FAMILY, I' LL FEED TO TO THE FISHES

I have to believe that the guys having issues are simply kitchen gunsmiths in over there heads... (that's just being honest, if you can't be honest with your own limitations, its going to be a painful adventure for you) or they simply just don't understand that AR10's are not AR15's, you can't mix Company A's lower with Company B's upper and install Company A, B or C's LPK. Those three items have to be from the same manufacture. That is just plain and simple... Complain all you want about how the AR10's have no mil-spec and everything is proprietary... it does nothing to help the parts fit together today! If you want a standard AR10... take charge and do it! If you want a cool AR 308 to play with, build it and move on!

This part of your post was the main thing I really took issue with, and mainly because it was unnecessarily combative, and flat out demonstrated that you just didn't understand the nature of the issues that people have been experiencing.  Truth of the matter is, you were wrong in your assertions here.  I provided evidence so you could update your opinions.  Nothing against you personally, although you may want to refrain from calling people "kitchen gunsmiths in over there heads" (grammatical mistake not mine), especially when you didn't take the time to understand WHY people were actually having the issues.  It had nothing to do with fitment, and everything to do with PSA's multiple screw-ups.

I'm glad your rifle works, and that the RRA trigger you have seems to work with it as well.  That's useful information for anyone else who buys a PA-10 lower thinking that the information on the website is accurate, and then discovers that not all the aftermarket triggers will function correctly as claimed.

More, I don't actually have a "grudge" against PSA.  I'm perfectly willing to buy and use their AR-15 parts, etc, and have been very happy with the AR-15's I've built.  I've also seen sufficient evidence to suggest that if you use exclusively PSA parts, it seems to function fine, as your example further demonstrates.  There's nothing particularly wrong with doing that, especially for a battle rifle build.  I wouldn't doubt that you'll be hard pressed to beat the value for that type of rifle out of a strict PA-10 build.  But some of us want more from our rifles than just what PSA has to offer, and if you later change your mind about upgrades and the like, the lack of compatibility for a PA-10 puts it at a disadvantage compared to, for instance, the Aero Precision M5, which can be built at a very similar price point.

As far as my comments about their business practices and ethics, I just happen to find it questionable.  I don't find it despicable enough for me to stop doing business with them, and it's certainly no skin off of my back whether or not you buy from them.  I have PSA stuff I really like.  The PA-10 debacle was enough for me to want to avoid their 308 AR offerings for the time being.  I spent a lot of time emailing back and forth (and getting no response to phone calls) just to find out that the compatibility information they had advertised (and in some cases still advertise) on their website was incorrect.  They DID do right by me in terms of their customer service once it was clear they had screwed up, which is why I still do business with them.  But it certainly looks like they didn't do extensive enough testing to make sure they really got it right, and that doesn't inspire confidence.  If you're happy with your gun, I'm really happy for you.  Just because I don't find their quality good enough doesn't mean that you should be any less proud of your gun.

And, with respect, I'll add the same advice I do to anyone who gets all upset over getting corrected on the internet after having said something rude.  It's the internet.  It really does serve to have a thick skin.  If you can't handle a disagreement without calling people douches, etc, you probably don't belong in any internet community at all.  In my experience, the people on here have been very helpful and nice, although there's a fair amount of friendly teasing, just like there would be among most any group of friends.  And, you knew from the get-go that you hadn't been exactly polite and tactful (otherwise why make the comment "I know how to make an entrance"?).  If you can't take it, you certainly shouldn't dish it.  I hope you'll get over your hurt feelings and stick around.  I do think you'll find this community worthwhile if you can take the razzing.

-edit-  Nevermind.  I guess he's been banned.  Hopefully not on my account.  By his own admission, he's a forum noob.

Edited by crimsonfalcon07

Well, for my part, I'm appreciative of being included in the community, razzing and all.  I think some of the shenanigans around here are hilarious (and I love that you have The Rule).  I think some of the members even newer than me have a tough time realizing the difference between friendly teasing and actually being a jerk.  But there's also often a correlation between being thin-skinned, and posting as if you're an expert and everyone else needs to listen to you without doing any reading to learn what's what and who's who in the community.  My dad always said you learn a lot more with open ears and mind than open mouth, and that's something I've tried to take to heart in my internet doings.

Back on topic, is there some reason I should avoid the PWS PRC compensator?  I know a lot of people get the FSC instead, but for precision, is there something else I'm missing that would be better than the PRC?  Also, I wouldn't mind any advice if there's any alternatives to the 6-24x50 Vortex Viper PST in a similar budget range that I should be researching.  I appreciate all the advice and suggestions and help that you all have offered.  I would certainly have had a much tougher time doing this build without you all, and may do a post-xmas giveaway, if the forum rules permit such, in thanks.

I was going to buy their lower to go with my tactical machining lower but guess now I should spend the extra money and buy the tactical machining  upper to match, unless someone has any other suggestions. Thanks to all for their contributions to this thread. Well, almost all. :binkybaby:  <thumbsup>

Crimson,

I too was interested in the PWS PRC but bought the Griffin Armament 762 tactical comp on the advice of another member here. I haven't installed it yet, but it is a beautiful piece of work. While researching the PRS, I started leaning towards the FSC30 after reading that the PRS is REALLY loud. The PRS does get a lot of favorable reviews though.

I too am looking for a scope. One I keep coming back to is the Bushnell HDMR 3.5-21 Elite Tactical. It can be had for not a lot more than the PST 6-24 but has what I think is a much better reticle. You should take a look at that one.

I think 98 holds the record for not banned and R2 gets a pink bipod!

Now just how in the hell did I get dragged into this? There I am.....just minding my own business........................... <laughs>

And, like Edge said........who in the hell thinks that they can come in here and just start (trying) to slap guys around? After all...............that's the rest of our's job.........not anyone just joining the site.

Well, for my part, I'm appreciative of being included in the community, razzing and all.  I think some of the shenanigans around here are hilarious (and I love that you have The Rule).  I think some of the members even newer than me have a tough time realizing the difference between friendly teasing and actually being a jerk.  But there's also often a correlation between being thin-skinned, and posting as if you're an expert and everyone else needs to listen to you without doing any reading to learn what's what and who's who in the community.  My dad always said you learn a lot more with open ears and mind than open mouth, and that's something I've tried to take to heart in my internet doings.

Back on topic, is there some reason I should avoid the PWS PRC compensator?  I know a lot of people get the FSC instead, but for precision, is there something else I'm missing that would be better than the PRC?  Also, I wouldn't mind any advice if there's any alternatives to the 6-24x50 Vortex Viper PST in a similar budget range that I should be researching.  I appreciate all the advice and suggestions and help that you all have offered.  I would certainly have had a much tougher time doing this build without you all, and may do a post-xmas giveaway, if the forum rules permit such, in thanks.

Did he mention   SHENANIGAN's    <lmao>