• Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

New here... great site!

ARdentFan

Hi all,

Thought Id make an intro post before creating a "did I research this right?" thread :)

Been involved in firearms for about 5 years now and got hooked with this type of semi auto platform after getting a deal on an intro AR15 I couldn't refuse.  Now I'm ready to stretch my legs and after doing a lot of reading, reading, and more reading, youtube video watching on construction techniques and more reading I'm ready to take the plunge and build a 308AR gun.  Of the sites I've read this one attracted me the most hence the registration.

The Barrel Nut thread was what convinced me to sign up.

we get a lot of barrel nuts here. Mostly the "it has to be at least 26" so I can shoot 1400 yards, but it has to weigh less than a pound and be foldable so I can carry it in heavy thorned brush" type. ;)

welcome from FL

we get a lot of barrel nuts here. Mostly the "it has to be at least 26" so I can shoot 1400 yards, but it has to weigh less than a pound and be foldable so I can carry it in heavy thorned brush" type. ;)

welcome from FL

Don't forget that it has to be able to hit oxygen bottles at 1000yds with iron sights too! Oh wait, wrong forum...

Welcome from CA!