• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Hello from the Border

EngrBob

Not my first post, but haven't gotten around to introducing myself.  I am Bob, currently living and working in El Paso, Texas.  I am new to the AR 308 and am nearly finished with my first (I see the disease and am afraid I have caught it already) build.  Hanging out and gaining information from all of you has been a great help in making the process fun and keeping me generally out of the ditch.  I look forward to many more builds and learning more from the masters here. ::)

... and keeping me generally out of the ditch.

Believe me when i say this.  Losing control and puttin' it in the ditch is half the fun...  <lmao>

I don't envy you, where you're at.  You're in Little Juarez, man... 

Glad to have you.  Glad you're answering Spike's 308AR questions, and keeping GRA at bay.  Kinda.

Believe me when i say this.  Losing control and puttin' it in the ditch is half the fun...  <lmao>

I don't envy you, where you're at.  You're in Little Juarez, man... 

Glad to have you.  Glad you're answering Spike's 308AR questions, and keeping GRA at bay.  Kinda.

Actually most of the head bad guys live here, too dangerous for them in Juarez.  There are so many CBP, FBI, DEA and military living in the neighborhood that we could probably hold off a fairly concentrated attack, and have essentially no crime.  By the way, I know what you mean about the ditch, chasing little springs and retention pins exercises my engineering creativeness - a magnet drag across a semi-shag carpet!!!! :banana:

Welcome from COMANCHE County where we have full lakes and ponds and wide flowing rivers for the first time in several years.

And the rivers are most likely what's flowing all the way down here ... LOL !!! 

Send a little of that our way!

Welcome from San Diego.

I wish I could share some of our excess water with California. I think our politicians would better serve by odd-man-out for office rather than spending jillions getting elected and work on generating enough electric power to build a water transport system cross and stem to stern of the lower 48. Forget the priority of working on "Climate Change" that is way above BHO's and Hillery' pay grade.

Actually many say that the reason we fare so well in Texas is because our legislature meets for only 140 days every two years.  There are many; however, who suggest we would be even better off if they met for 2 days every 140 years.  I belong to that second crowd!

Good point but with the way open carry and campus carry is NOT going, along with the death of the sanctuary city and in-state tuition bills for illegals, I wish this session would be extended.

If they don't pass the carry bills this time a lot of folks are going to be understandably VERY PISSED.

I can't figure out why they even have to waste their time on sanctuary city and in-state tuition bills at all.  Those issues shouldn't even exist.

At least they passed the no-sharia law bill, but as I understand that one got closer than a lot of folks expected.

Open carry (by permit) has passed in Texas.  On it's way to Abbott's desk

Just a few minutes ago from the Texas State Rifle Association;

" HB 910 Licensed Open Carry Finally Passes

Just now in the Texas Capitol 

HB 910 by Rep. Larry Phillips (R-Sherman) was taken up in the House today to clean up differences between the House and Senate versions.  This happened around 5:00 pm and it passed!

Half an hour later in the Senate, Sen. Craig Estes (R-Wichita Falls) was recognized by Lt. Governor Patrick to take up the conference committee report, same reason, to clean up differences between the Senate and House versions.  Sen. Rodney Ellis seemed a bit surprised!  You see he had threatened to filibuster the bill  and talk it dead.  That did not happen and minutes later, HB 910 by Phillips and Estes, is finally passed and headed for Abbott's desk! "

Constitutional carry is next.   <thumbsup>

Edited by GRA