• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Ruh roh eotech

21 minutes ago, sketch said:

Really i havent seen or herd of property you wish to review... Hahaha!!! Newb brother your already in deep and a freindly nudge now and then ?? magwa was having to much fun with his can for me to resist!! Im in deep!

This one is 4.2 acres with a single-wide mobile home for $120K. Yeah right! What it's really about is that we're angling for 35 land-locked acres and that lot is one that adjoins it for access. No sale, especially considering we've got a pretty good chance to get the 2 acre lot next door for $15K. Haven't got a firm price on the 35 acres yet but it looks like it's going to be relatively cheap because it's landlocked. As for the spending $$$ on 308AR related items...I'm in for about $3K just in the last 3 months so I'm getting "the look" from the wife more & more often lately haha.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

14 minutes ago, sketch said:

Ohh no you went to: in deep shits!! Does she like shoes...hahaa 35 acres is very appeling can you shoot on the property? 

Thankfully I am blessed with a wife that truly understands the need to be able to defend yourself in the ensuing chaos were someone like the Chinese or Russians to start the one EMP a week over the US program. And yes on the able to shoot on the property. You have to have more than 10 acres to legally hunt on your own property and that seems to be defacto translated into target shooting too. We're way out in the country with like-minded neighbors who also prep for such possibilities, so those kinds of problems are not like what you would expect to find in some urban-cowboy sub-division somewhere.

7 hours ago, Frankh252 said:

Thankfully I am blessed with a wife that truly understands the need to be able to defend yourself in the ensuing chaos were someone like the Chinese or Russians to start the one EMP a week over the US program. And yes on the able to shoot on the property. You have to have more than 10 acres to legally hunt on your own property and that seems to be defacto translated into target shooting too. We're way out in the country with like-minded neighbors who also prep for such possibilities, so those kinds of problems are not like what you would expect to find in some urban-cowboy sub-division somewhere.

That's a silly rule, if my one acre lot was out in the country I could hunt on it.

1 hour ago, DNP said:

I'd get pretty board hunting on a 208.7'x208.7' lot. Guess you'd need a good corn feeder on it. 

True BUT 35 acres is more than enough to hunt. most parcels up north where I hunt are sold in "40's" which is still too small. 

Edited by shepp

I love the rule game it has cost me 4 tax stamps 3 expensive triggers and to many accessories to count..... ain't life grand.... I have kept my mouth shut this winter because I have been working on my NEW boat! and it is killer....... anyone want to ask a opinion?/............????????  :)

44 minutes ago, Magwa said:

I love the rule game it has cost me 4 tax stamps 3 expensive triggers and to many accessories to count..... ain't life grand.... I have kept my mouth shut this winter because I have been working on my NEW boat! and it is killer....... anyone want to ask a opinion?/............????????  :)

Wtf to the first part??

and I wanna see the boat, we're getting my buddies set up right now

4 hours ago, Robocop1051 said:

Magwa... I'm still planning on hitting the salmon with you one year. It's gonna happen... I'm just afraid my wife will want to go (she loves to fish), and then leave me for an older man.

Magwa, better pay his & her airfare!  Robo's can be round trip. <baaahahahahahaha>

On 3/23/2016 at 7:06 AM, shepp said:

That's a silly rule, if my one acre lot was out in the country I could hunt on it.

Up until recently I always thought the only place you couldn't shoot was inside the city limits and out in the country it was fine. Then one day a friend and I were at his place shooting, then a county officer came barreling in because a neighbor called in a complaint. The officer asked how many acres we had and when my friend told him 16 acres, he said "Y'all have fun, just be safe" and left. After that I looked it up in the Texas statutes and sure enough it says it is illegal to hunt on 10 acres or less. So, since my current lot is only 2 acres I can't even legally shoot a friggin' squirrel or rabbit!

12 minutes ago, Frankh252 said:

Up until recently I always thought the only place you couldn't shoot was inside the city limits and out in the country it was fine. Then one day a friend and I were at his place shooting, then a county officer came barreling in because a neighbor called in a complaint. The officer asked how many acres we had and when my friend told him 16 acres, he said "Y'all have fun, just be safe" and left. After that I looked it up in the Texas statutes and sure enough it says it is illegal to hunt on 10 acres or less. So, since my current lot is only 2 acres I can't even legally shoot a friggin' squirrel or rabbit!

Oh I thought you meant you had to have 45 acres to legally hunt it........

9 hours ago, Frankh252 said:

So that is in addition to your Texas game tags?  Or are the tags only for public land?

22 minutes ago, planeflyer21 said:

So that is in addition to your Texas game tags?  Or are the tags only for public land?

I won't claim to know a lot about all the hunting regulations and need to refresh on them before hunting again but I do believe deer tags are to be used whether it is public or private land, as do bag limits, daily limits and possession limits for other game such as dove.

1 hour ago, Frankh252 said:

I won't claim to know a lot about all the hunting regulations and need to refresh on them before hunting again but I do believe deer tags are to be used whether it is public or private land, as do bag limits, daily limits and possession limits for other game such as dove.

Unless the land is part of the state managed lands program.  Then, there are permits that are associated with the land and your individual tags are NOT used when taking deer on that particular parcel.  Our lease is part of that program so for the three deer I took I only used the managed land permits and not the tags on my license.

And btw guys, I'm not renigging on THE RULE but since the specs of it seem to have a somewhat fluid nature I will divulge that I do need to call a time-out while Hartman gears up on their MH1 production and I get some finances for it in order. I've already spent a lot of $ in a short period of time so I do need to check myself for a bit. Also, while I respect the IDF I also respect American products and whenever possible prefer to buy American. So, what I'm thinking is that if the MH1 gets into production and I can put back a few pennies maybe I can get one in a few months. Heck, right now they aren't even disclosing what the price is going to be for it.

9 hours ago, blue109 said:

All good man. We mainly use THE RULE to help folks who are on the fence about something, not set you up for buyers remorse. 

That's a much needed relief. Last thing I want to do is piss-off a bunch of peeps with the obvious rule enforcement capabilities you guys have!

Robo make it happen I am not getting any younger......... I will tell you right now bring a camera.... and a appetite you will catch fish ,so will your wife and you will eat fish and elk and deer and you will have a great time.........BUT my wife will never let your wife stay without you so bring plenty of clothes!!!!!!

P.S. and bring Chit to shoot we will do that in the front yard...... :)

Edited by Magwa

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/23/2016 at 10:36 PM, sketch said:

Really i havent seen or herd of property you wish to review... Hahaha!!! Newb brother your already in deep and a freindly nudge now and then ?? magwa was having to much fun with his can for me to resist!! Im in deep!

I contacted the Hartman site to inquire about what the pre-order price for the new MH1 sight is. No response yet. I'm actually considering it.