• Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

What to do...

LouEVIL Slugger

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Early on when I joined this forum, I made the mistake of buying what was advertised as generic AR10 B magazines from CTD and talking about it on the forum. #1- The magazines they sent were M14 mags and would not work except with extensive modification, if at all. And #2- I couldn't sit down for a week after the verbal ass chewing I got from forum members about CTD. I take my business elsewhere now.

:hornet:

4 hours ago, JJ109 said:

I have a Nikon M223 2.5-10x40 laser IRT scope for my one AR15 . Glass is super clear. Had a problem 6 months in with mount ( Nikon exclusive to this scope) which the hardware they give u is garbage. I bought upgraded hardware for it. Only complaint was Nikon refused to stand behind their product even though I registered the scope.

It took almost 3 months later to get them to send me a new mount with hardware. Which I found to be poor customer service. It shouldn't take a hand full of phone calls and emails with them arguing about sending me new hardware and a mount.

Now im using Primary Arms for alot of optic purchases just cause they stand be their product and others as well. 

I have sent only one Nikon scope back & it was almost 10 yr's old , for a friend  ( Buckmaster ), they replaced it with a Prostaff 5 , a higher end Prostaff , because they didn't make the New Buckmaster II's in the magnification range he had . Took about a month , easy as pie . That was a year ago , maybe two , but not long ago .

1 hour ago, survivalshop said:

I have sent only one Nikon scope back & it was almost 10 yr's old , for a friend  ( Buckmaster ), they replaced it with a Prostaff 5 , a higher end Prostaff , because they didn't make the New Buckmaster II's in the magnification range he had . Took about a month , easy as pie . That was a year ago , maybe two , but not long ago .

If they would have handle it differently my attitude towards Nikon would have been positive. They basically told me to send it in on my dime and there could be a possible charge depending on what's wrong. That was my 1st call into the issue. Which is a ridiculous answer for a new scope. 

Now that scope I have is completely discontinued. Must have been to many issue's with it.

I think it was more about my experience with them . The glass is super clear and the BDC is pretty much on the money. 

On ‎2‎/‎3‎/‎2017 at 3:26 AM, survivalshop said:

Beach , when you get older , you may change your tune about needing magnification . Its a fact of life , your eyes will deteriorate , like it or not .? :laffs:

As far as a Leupold near the price range of the P308 the poster is talking about , you need to show me that Scope in the Leupold line , with the same features the P308 has . Think the Leupold scopes are great Glass , but they have a price to go with it , just like all the better class Scopes out there . 

Saying that , you are paying for the name also .

The Leupold Mark AR Mod 1 line, at least as far as street price goes, not MSRP.  The non-illuminated ones. They're comparable, price-wise.  Oh, and badass.  I've only got one of them, but I LOVE IT. 

2 hours ago, LouEVIL Slugger said:

I am not aware of what they did. Hmm if they took advantage of anyone they won't get my money either.

CTD is a bunch of thieving fucks.  THis is just an example of what they did RIGHT after Sandy Hook...  Click it and look...

https://www.google.com/search?q=cheaper+than+dirt+price+gouging+2012&biw=1366&bih=643&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwikhLPntffRAhWIKWMKHYT4BzUQ_AUICSgE

4 hours ago, 98Z5V said:

The Leupold Mark AR Mod 1 line, at least as far as street price goes, not MSRP.  The non-illuminated ones. They're comparable, price-wise.  Oh, and badass.  I've only got one of them, but I LOVE IT. 

About $ 100 more then the M308 & without side Parallax focus https://www.natchezss.com/leupold-mar-ar-mod-1-riflescope-4-12x40mm-mil-dot-reticle.html but I also have read some are not pleased with the  Leopold AR series . Some people can have issues with any thing .

12 hours ago, 98Z5V said:

Well , sok clar blur , it is a bunch less & I always thought Natchez would beat Midway any day of the week , but still has no side focus , which does add to the price of the scope :laffs: Is this Leopold from the Redfield Factory ?

2 hours ago, survivalshop said:

Is this Leopold from the Redfield Factory ?

Not sure on the Redfield Factory - I've only got the 1.5~4 version on the 16" 300BLK AR, the version with the FireDot (illum), and it's damn nice.  I definitely want another one, different magnification, but I just don't know what the hell I'd put it on...  :thumbup::laffs:

On January 31, 2017 at 2:10 PM, survivalshop said:

" M " stands for their Monarch series , a big step above the " P" which is their Prostaff series & they have several grades of it , but the Monarch is their top of the line glass . While the others are good , the Monarch glass is their best & once you compare them , you will see . All will be great at 100 yards , but going past that the Monarch will show off the others . 

You should not worry about the warranty , they will fix anything that might come up , if it does , like I said , if you have ever shot a 12ga. slug gun , it has a more punishing recoil then a 50 cal .. I don't blame you for wanting a lifetime warranty in writing , it can only be a good thing .

Found this 1 left, looks like a decent price.

https://www.cdnnsports.com/nikon-m-308-4-16x42-bdc-800-scope.html?___SID=U

2 hours ago, Sisco said:

Just got it from amazon for $446, free shipping. Also optics planet has it for $449.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00M85OUCY/ref=sxts1?ie=UTF8&qid=1486526828&sr=1&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_QL65