• Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Family in need a help and prayers.

Robocop1051

JON 02.jpg

This is my buddy Jonathan. He's recently 4 years old, and just a few months older than my own son. Both his parents work at the state hospital that I spend a majority of my shift at, and I've known them for nearly 15 years. A couple weeks ago, Jonathan fell and hit his head, suffering a traumatic injury that caused a stroke. Now he is paralyzed on his right side and has difficulty talking. He is in rehab every day like a Spartan warrior, trying to battle this injury. Mom and Dad have FOUR more kids at home (five kids total!!!), and have both taken off work so that they can be home AND at the hospital 100% of the time. They are exhausted as they have been at the hospital day and night, unrelenting, since the day of the injury.

This is good, christian, all-american, gun loving, family. I am proud to count them among my friends. Being a father myself, especially with one so close in age as this little guy, I was really struck with this one. I've tried to help when I can, mostly bringing dinner for whoever is staying over night. I can't imagine being in this situation, and having to take shifts with my wife to care for our children.

One of their family friends started a "Go Fund Me" account, but I hate that those programs take a percentage off other peoples generosity. Since I work for the state, I was able to donate vacation hours to assist their family, and give them an extra week off paid. Things are going to be tight for them still, so I thought I'd reach out to my "extended family" here...

later this week, or early next week, I am going to give them a prepaid gift card from "The family of 308AR.com" to help however they need. I am personally putting $100 on the card to start it off. If anyone else is interested in being part of this, you are more than welcome to join me. I'm not taking anything out of this, and that's why I'm putting my money up first.

Anyone that wants to participate and help can do so however they wish. I'll accept donations in any capacity and put it all on the card. You can be anonymous here, or proudly state your donation. I will keep an active tally of donors** and their donations, so that everyone can see I'm trying to be as legit as humanly possible. 

If you are comfortable using PayPal (gift), please use the email address RoboCop1051@yahoo.com

If you'd prefer to use USPS mail, PM me for my personal mailing address.

**Anonymous donors will be identified with an individual "moniker" or ID#.

Being 4 years old, and still growing and developing, is one of Jonathan's saving graces. Having such a loving family helps infinitely too. This kid is still smiling every day, and gives me a thumbs up every time I go to see him. He's absolutely a warrior, and the doctors are expecting for a hard earned recovery. This is truly one of those GOOD families that deserves the help. Even if prayer is the only gift in your budget right now, it is God's infinite love that will help this child heal and recover. I have already commissioned myself to helping out as much as possible. I don't expect anyone to take on the same task as me for a family they'll likely never meet. This is just a humble request for whatever you can spare.

JON 01.jpg

**Anonymous donors will be identified with an individual "moniker" or ID#.

Also check out these special fund raisers!!!

Magwa's Special Auction (CLOSED)

Sketch's Special Auction (CLOSED)

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Member Donors:

1. RoboCop1051 - $100
  2. Rsquared - $100
  3. Armed Eye Doc - $100
  4. J*** A*** - $25
  5. DNP - $25
  6. Sisco - $50
  7. Sketch - $50
  8. Shepp - $100
  9. NTXShooter - $100
  10. 392Heminut - $50
  11. Imschur "The Yeti of Connecticut" - $100

Honorable mention, to an outsider. My dear friend Ivory read about this fundraiser on Facebook and asked to be involved. She has a heart of gold and is genuinely one of the sweetest gals I know... and she's a gun owner! Ivory threw in for an extra $75 to be part of our family.

Auctions:

• Auctioneer: Magwa (CLICK HERE)
    • Winning Bid: Armed Eye Doc - $300
    • SPECIAL THANKS to Matt.Cross who matched the winning bid - $300
  • Auctioneer: Sketch (CLICK HERE)
    • Winning Bid: Unforgiven - $75

Total: $1550 (02/27/2017 @1915 PST)

Members* who donated via the Go Fund Me link;

1. Planeflyer21 - $75
  2. MineralMan55 - $100
  3. *My parents!?! - $100

($1,775.00 combined from all sources)

I do not have a lot of money but I do have my artwork and I would like to put up a point for auction with all the money going to this young man is this something I can do to help? if so I will post it in this thread with a picture and people can bid for 3 days or whatever you think is right then they can paypal to Robocop the proceeds.....yeah or nay?

44 minutes ago, Magwa said:

I do not have a lot of money but I do have my artwork and I would like to put up a point for auction with all the money going to this young man is this something I can do to help? if so I will post it in this thread with a picture and people can bid for 3 days or whatever you think is right then they can paypal to Robocop the proceeds.....yeah or nay?

That's a great idea. I still have a blade you made. It's one of my prized possessions!

Wish I could do more. I'd love to get in on the bid for the Point, but that's way too rich for me at the moment. That thing looks beautiful...and if the photo doesn't do it justice, it's gotta be amazing.  

Hope that little guy pulls off a full recovery. Can't even imagine how hard it is for the whole family right now and it's awesome to see the generosity of the all of you here. Thank you Robo for the opportunity to lend a hand and to all of you who kick in whether it be dollars, get well wishes, or prayers. You all rock. 

I think im #6 A***H*** to many astrics for ass hat or hole maybe ?

usps m.o. went out yesterday damn raiders fans cant spell for shits!

you guys are awesom! Pulling togeather a bunch of unknown misfits for a family we will never meet! Thats why ive stuck around! 

Ps if im not #6 sorry your not an center of uranus! Thats what rob calls me. Hes just bumed that  tom cable still works for the hawks?

3 hours ago, planeflyer21 said:

No love!  I'm on there as planeflyer21 too. 

You're right. I'll have to give you honorable mention at the end. You donated on the Go Fund Me page. I'm mostly tallying the funds publicly, so everyone can see I'm not pocketing any of this. I'll post a pic of the card receipt, and a picture of them receiving the card. 

53 minutes ago, Robocop1051 said:

so everyone can see I'm not pocketing any of this. I'll post a pic of the card receipt, and a picture of them receiving the card. 

DUDE! I don't wanna speak for everybody around here, but I think it's safe to say that we trust you. Fuker!

Now......if you show up soon with a new rifle? We'll have to re-evaluate. :bat: :lmao:

2 hours ago, sketch said:

I think im #6 A***H*** to many astrics for ass hat or hole maybe ?

usps m.o. went out yesterday damn raiders fans cant spell for shits!

you guys are awesom! Pulling togeather a bunch of unknown misfits for a family we will never meet! Thats why ive stuck around! 

Ps if im not #6 sorry your not an center of uranus! Thats what rob calls me. Hes just bumed that  tom cable still works for the hawks?

I got the same initials. And the same amount.

• shepp unpinned this topic