• Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Family in need a help and prayers.

Robocop1051

Unforgiven is the bid winner!!

congrats .308ar team! 

Keep us posted on jonathans recovery robo! Im glad to be part of a great group of like minded friends! Thank you! 

Just a thought this dosnt mean donating is over.. im sure robocop will recieve your donations as long as needed to help jonathan!

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I completely agree with you Rob. We should each take care of our own "village". As a child I was raised helping family, friends, members of our parish, and friends of any of those. They were people we knew, or people that knew people we knew. Soup kitchens and blind handouts were there, but not very often. Most effort was kept within "our village". Proximity played no role...just people. Everybody helped everybody, even the ones who couldn't physically help back. They usually found someway to repay the favor to someone else in the village. I try to show my boys the same system and I can't wait to move out of the wasteland I'm in right now and get my family into a small community in the hills so they can really see how people should live. I've been on this street for 13 years and barely know my immediate neighbor's. The homeless population here is out of control and the drugged out welfare recipients are everywhere. 

That's why I can easily get in on this one. You say these folks need a hand, I can give a little. Like I said, I wish it was more, but I do what I can. Had this been a link from someone in another village, I likely would sit out. It's a terrible situation and I feel for the boy and his family. Without the link to our village, it's just another sad story and unfortunately they can't all be helped. I hope everything works out for the best for these folks in the end and this is soon just a crummy memory. 

47 minutes ago, DNP said:

I completely agree with you Rob. We should each take care of our own "village". As a child I was raised helping family, friends, members of our parish, and friends of any of those. They were people we knew, or people that knew people we knew. Soup kitchens and blind handouts were there, but not very often. Most effort was kept within "our village". Proximity played no role...just people. Everybody helped everybody, even the ones who couldn't physically help back. They usually found someway to repay the favor to someone else in the village. I try to show my boys the same system and I can't wait to move out of the wasteland I'm in right now and get my family into a small community in the hills so they can really see how people should live. I've been on this street for 13 years and barely know my immediate neighbor's. The homeless population here is out of control and the drugged out welfare recipients are everywhere. 

That's why I can easily get in on this one. You say these folks need a hand, I can give a little. Like I said, I wish it was more, but I do what I can. Had this been a link from someone in another village, I likely would sit out. It's a terrible situation and I feel for the boy and his family. Without the link to our village, it's just another sad story and unfortunately they can't all be helped. I hope everything works out for the best for these folks in the end and this is soon just a crummy memory. 

Truth ^^^ my oldest is volentering at the local food bank and most familys are in need and it helps. Others refuse to speak english and make her very uncomfortable demanding food!? I cant see helping that kind of people, but support my kid no matter what. She has been studying other languages for several years.. required by screwl. I try to stay out of her own will but damn it is frustrating listening to the stories especially after working all day! They cant all be helped.

Edited by sketch
Shits

I'm going to try to take the family this gift today. The total is $1,200. 

Suggestions... my original plan was to put it all on a prepaid VISA card. I could also do it in a pair of postal money orders???

what do you guys think is the best method? I'm open to any suggestions. I could even just hand them 12 crisp $100 bills. I'm mostly just interested in making sure the $ isn't taxed as income. 

1 minute ago, Robocop1051 said:

I'm going to try to take the family this gift today. The total is $1,200. 

Suggestions... my original plan was to put it all on a prepaid VISA card. I could also do it in a pair of postal money orders???

what do you guys think is the best method? I'm open to any suggestions. I could even just hand them 12 crisp $100 bills. I'm mostly just interested in making sure the $ isn't taxed as income. 

Cash is king, make it 1300$ I'll be sending you 100$ by 12:00pm centeral time

15 minutes ago, Armed Eye Doc said:

Cash or the Visa card would be equally easy to spend on most things.  Cash is better for incidentals though.  And it is easier to divide between family members.

Very true.

Robo could also put the money on two separate Visa cards, one for Mom and one for Dad.

Just a small update here:

I spent a quick afternoon with Jonathan, mom and dad. They were VERY appreciative of our efforts and aid. 

Jonathan is sitting up on his own now, and can stand for a short time, unassisted. His right arm is still unusable, but man is this kid a WARRIOR!

He's getting his communication back slowly, but it's coming! 

You guys are absolutely the greatest group around. I'm proud to be counted among you.

48 minutes ago, Robocop1051 said:

More donations are still coming in. For simplicity sake, I'll try to make a weekly group donations of whatever I collect.

You guys continue to amaze me.

Glad to hear you're still accepting donations. I'm kind of late to the game but heading to PP right now.

So I'm hanging out with my buddy today and his mom drops a bomb on me. I mistakenly said she had four kids. She corrected me that she has four sons... and a daughter... FIVE KIDS!!!

wow, I felt like an asss. These parents are such amazing people. 

On the other hand, Jonathan is getting ready to take on the world!! Prayers. Prayers. Prayers. IMG_2748.JPGIMG_2751.JPG

• shepp unpinned this topic