• Visit EuroOptic
  • Visit Site
  • Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

What do you have on order or in the mail?

imschur

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Glass half full, brother - The dedicated lowers gon onto these guns, and free up a standard lower for something else.  <thumbsup>

Ill get you into a .45 dedicated lower somehow.  That AR45 you have is a 16" barrel, so does it still need to be on a state pre-ban lower?...  If not, then go for it. 

Also, on the .45, the Oly mag is supposed to hold 18 single-stacked rounds.  I put 15 in mine.  I've forced 16 in there before, but don't dig it too well.  No way in hell to get 18 in there.  The M3 greasegun mag, loaded with 30 (easily loaded) is only 1" longer then the Oly mag.

I changed up the AR45 with a couple things.  It's finished-finished, except for the dedicated lower swap, when I get my hands on that beauty. 

post-71-136297291123_thumb.jpg

I cant have threaded muzzles on a post ban. I cant have a suppressor on a post ban. They spelled that out specifically. I probably will not own any other AR's as long as I live in CT. The hammer is falling soon.

I think the 9mm is a better package. Lighter common mags and a much greater capacity. BTW they are both your fault....just sayin

<lmao>

Yes, I noticed the can comment after I posted.  Reading Comprehension is key...  :o <lmao>

I accept full responsibility for your pistol caliber aversion.    <laughs>

However, I will not stop until you have dedicated lowers - which means you'll live out here with me (or in some other free state).  <thumbsup>  If it takes more "influence" - or "antagonizing," depending on how you look at it - then I'm here for you.  <laughs>

I want one of each 9mm and 45 I just have to have them..... I did get both eotech flip up dust covers in the mail yesterday and a vickors 2 point sling i want to buy a few lowers but man who has them affordable?

Dedicated lowers, brother?  For 9mm, get ahold of DDLES.  For the AR45, get ahold of Justin @ CNCGunsmithing. 

For the AR45, new-production M3 greasegun mags are readily available.  The dedicated 9mm from DDLES runs Colt SMG mags, Uzi mags, or a couple different varients that run extended Glock mags.  You need to know which one you're getting into before you buy the mags, though.  I went with the standard version (Colt SMG and Uzi mags).

These designs are billet lowers, so they're not cheap (compared to forged AR15 lowers).

Well i got the call my 9mm YHM can for the AR has been approved. No word on the 45 and they were in the same envelope. Buying the 25 round AR-10 magazines might have brought me some luck, sort of. I have a line on a mildly used AR-10..supposedly an "A" CT AWB model. Im skeptical though. So either way I have mags.  <laughs> FWIW locally prices are dropping fast. I think guys who dont have the stomach for whats coming are unloading the evil rifles. Seeing A LOT of AR's for sale. Only saw one priced crazy and thats the infamous Colt that is not marked "Sporter" or "AR-15". Its in fact the only legal Colt here in CT. Anyhow I saw one for $4000 and $3000. Might be one and the same though.

I had some mags on order at brownells. Was very excited to open my package today...to find.....a bunch of 1911 trigger parts. What the crap brownie? Too bad it takes 3 days to get an email response. Im irritated. I dont have high hopes of getting my mags now.

I had some mags on order at brownells. Was very excited to open my package today...to find.....a bunch of 1911 trigger parts. What the crap brownie? Too bad it takes 3 days to get an email response. Im irritated. I dont have high hopes of getting my mags now.

Hmmmm, you don't say, brother...  :evil5: 

Specifics on those 1911 trigger parts?  <laughs>

I knew what you were attempting...    :cookoo:  Offering up more of my mags doesn't quite veil the jealously you're exhibiting over not seeing that "1911 trigger parts" detail in his post fast enough...  <lmao>

If I can score those trigger parts, it's bartering material with you later...  <thumbsup>

I knew what you were attempting...    :cookoo:  Offering up more of my mags doesn't quite veil the jealously you're exhibiting over not seeing that "1911 trigger parts" detail in his post fast enough...  <lmao>

If I can score those trigger parts, it's bartering material with you later...  <thumbsup>

It will take more than trigger parts for me to trade Gregs Larue.

Snap! Throw in a vintage 500cc two stroke motocrosser and we have a deal.

This damn 9mm is driving me crazy.  I hate not having parts available, so I finally gave up and registered on GB.  Snatched the barrel tonight. 

I have a bunch of stuff getting delivered for it tomorrow, and I'm still missing a few things, even with the barrel now.  BCG is gonna be the biggest hurdle... AAAAAARGH!!!  :o

EDIT - Oh, now for the irony...  I bought this sweetass billet, dedicated 9mm lower because I had a friend GIVE me a complete 9mm BCG.  Okay, lower in-hand, and I find out that it runs on the Colt/RRA/CMMG 9mm setup - and the BCG I was given is an Olympic.  Long story short, the free BCG won't work in the sweet setup that I envisioned...  >:(

I screwed myself...  <laughs> <dontknow>