Can't wait to see you there!

• Replies 652
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

9 minutes ago, ARTrooper said:

So about the fall shoot... I kinda nocked the wife up again. lol. So will have to save my leave for the baby's birth. I might still get the days off depending on the schedule, but I won't know until a month or two before the shoot.

So that explains that month or so you were MIA ??

just tell them you’re in a multi stats pursuit of a tundra, just don’t tell them you’re in it

Edited by shepp

2 minutes ago, 98Z5V said:

WHAAAAAAAAAAT?!!?   If you're not careful, you'll have more kids than Matt Cross!!!   :laffs::banana:

Well then how does he still afford so many guns? lol.

Just now, shepp said:

So that explains that month or so you were MIA ??

lol. no she's 12 weeks now. 

we are hoping this baby makes it, last year we had two miscarriages, that was one of the reasons I was MIA around Decemberish. Things are looking good so far though! We are excited and after this one I'm getting the snip so I won't have anymore little shits that take away from the gun fund. ?

Just now, ARTrooper said:

Well then how does he still afford so many guns? lol.

lol. no she's 12 weeks now. 

we are hoping this baby makes it, last year we had two miscarriages, that was one of the reasons I was MIA around Decemberish. Things are looking good so far though! We are excited and after this one I'm getting the snip so I won't have anymore little shits that take away from the gun fund. ?

Good luck!

6 hours ago, Matt.Cross said:

She's definitely smokin' hot.

We will have to have a wife beauty pageant, where there is also big points for cooking and cleaning ability. haha

Mine is beautiful and a great cook, but she gets a 1 for cleaning. lol.

20 minutes ago, Sisco said:

Trooper congrats!:thumbup: Don’t think of them as kids, think of them as gun porters for you when you get old. That's why Matt has so many, he has a frickin armory!

You mean like your own little militia? lol. 

Congrats and good luck on the new pregnancy. Been there done that on the miscarriage end and know the mental toll it can take.  I was amazed after our experience to find out how often it occurs and how many of our friends and family have experienced the same.  Stay positive and take good care of momma, I'm sure all will go well!:thumbup:

oh yeah...and make sure you come to AZ. 

If we have to put you on a plane during the event, we'll figure it out. She may have to wait until we finish whatever we're doing though. The good news is that there will always be at least one sober guy who can drive. Doesn't mean he will, but he can. 

8 hours ago, Matt.Cross said:

This. I've been at the desert shoot within the 4-week 'can-pop-at-any-time-now' window, and you can too. No excuses.

lol. I have no problem coming to the shoot if she's 38 weeks along, the issue is having to save my vacation days now. like I said, if I have it off because it falls right in my schedule, I am coming for sure. 

Thanks everyone the congrats and everything. I think my wife wants rifle parts for her baby shower by the way.

On ‎6‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 3:38 PM, DNP said:

The good news is that there will always be at least one sober guy who can drive. Doesn't mean he will, but he can. 

Well, I guess we all know that he isn't talking about me on this one. :laffs:I'm not sure if there are any pictures with me in it that I don't have a beer in my hand. Regardless of time of day.

20 minutes ago, DNP said:

I didn't see any pictures of you with BEER actually....

18 minutes ago, Rsquared said:

Hey! C'mon now. You're gonna tarnish my reputation as a high functioning drunkard.

I honestly only remember seeing Kate with am MGD 

23 hours ago, DNP said:

She should probably register at Brownell's so we know what to get her....

good idea, I will mention it to her. ?

14 hours ago, 98Z5V said:

...that were both ROCKING the shotguns and rippin' targets UP!!!   :hail: 

that's sexy. did I ever tell you guys that while I was deployed my wife was reloading ammo for a small company and getting to test and experiment with her own loads? mmmm women with guns.

Basic Schedule is SET.

Wednesday, 17 October 2018 - many people arriving, getting into Phoenix.  Pre-shoot prep will go down this day, as well as numerous trips to the airport.  We need to coordinate arrival times of flights, if flights haven't been made. 

The FIRST person arriving, that is confirmed, lands in Phoenix at 9:10am local.  If we can KEEP arrival times to "sometime in the morning" of the 17th, then we can accomplish alot more.  Think about that, if you're a flyer...  Or get your own rental car...   :laffs:

Thursday, 18 October 2018 - first day on the range.  We arrive, set up short-course action, and y'all get your lead out. Just do it,shoot it, get it out of your system.  We "refine" the range that day, add 300 to 450 through one canyon, and out to 660 to the north, for intermediate range.  Night shoot will happen on that night.

Friday, 19 October 2018 - Long Range Day.  Our max limit is 2200 yards - we'll only have 2 guns that can do it, both in .338 Lapua Magnum.  We can set up just about anything shorter than that, too,and we already have known-distances at 500 and 845 yards, confirmed.  We'll go WAY longer than that, this trip. I ALMOST bought a .416 Barrett for this one event, just to fuk up the two .338 LM guys.  There's gonna be a .416 Barret at the Fall Shoot next year, count your money now...   Make your bets.  I'm taking your money...   :banana:

Saturday, 20 October 2018 - back to Base Camp, with more short-range and intermediate work.  Many competitions will go down this day, feelings are gonna get hurt, butts will hurt, and somebody's walking away BRAGGING...   :lmao:

Sunday, 21 October 2018 - High Angle Day.  Last day out there.  Short-range work will get shut down for this - because we would be DOWNRANGE of your target area, when we're up in the hills, shooting down...  For those that don't hike up the hill, you will only have the intermediate distance target to fire at.  600-ish yards.

Sometime after mid-day, we'll break down camp and head back to my house.  Matt flies out at 11pm Sunday night. I encourage all others that don't have tickets yet - fly out on Monday, 22 October 2018...  :thumbup:

Edited by 98Z5V