Can't wait to see you there!

• Replies 652
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, sketch said:

@98Z5V you still have some tanarite? load up a basketball... if not it will be a long distance trophy shoot from me. ill complete the last trophy here soon and add some powder for it. its going in the mail asap.! 

All out, but I'll get more before then, brother.  A basketball will hold ALOT of tannerite, man!!!

We need to look at the ballistics on it, for distance.  We need something hitting that basketball at an impact speed of 2,000fps.  That screwed Matt and I two Fall Shoots ago, when we were trying to nail that bucket at 660 yards.  We hit the hell out of it, and scattered tannerite all over the place.  By the time the projectiles were getting there and hitting it, they weren't going fast enough to detonate it.

Distance will be critical.  :thumbup:  I've been keeping that in mind, ever since it happened to us.  The 16" Grendel and the 25/45 will do it at 250 yards.  The 18" Grendels and the 5.56 Mk12s (with Mk262 clone ammo) will do it at 350 yards.  The 300 Win Mag, .338 Lapua Mag, and .260 Remington will do it at 550 yards. 

16 hours ago, 98Z5V said:

We need to look at the ballistics on it, for distance.  We need something hitting that basketball at an impact speed of 2,000fps.  That screwed Matt and I two Fall Shoots ago, when we were trying to nail that bucket at 660 yards.  We hit the hell out of it, and scattered tannerite all over the place.  By the time the projectiles were getting there and hitting it, they weren't going fast enough to detonate it.

Hell, just tape an M-80 to it and light the fuse and run like hell!:laffs:

When I was in highschool, some dumbass taped 2 mM-80's to a Snapple bottle full of gas. One on each side. First one lit. Second one gave him a little trouble and he held on a bit too long. Went off in his hand while he was still trying to light the second. Not sure why he needed two, but from the details of how it happened....you can guess he probably wasn't the brightest bulb anyways. He was out of school for weeks. When he came back he was expelled within a week for selling his pain meds. 

Sorry forthe sidetrack....M80 and run like hell triggered a memory. 

34 minutes ago, DNP said:

When I was in highschool, some dumbass taped 2 mM-80's to a Snapple bottle full of gas. One on each side. First one lit. Second one gave him a little trouble and he held on a bit too long. Went off in his hand while he was still trying to light the second. Not sure why he needed two, but from the details of how it happened....you can guess he probably wasn't the brightest bulb anyways. He was out of school for weeks. When he came back he was expelled within a week for selling his pain meds. 

Sorry forthe sidetrack....M80 and run like hell triggered a memory. 

My middle schools principal thru a box in a fire “didn’t know” there was a can of spray paint in the box and burnt the fuck outta his face! 

Can we get a head-count going for this one?  Just trying to figure peoplenumbers here...  Also, indicate what day you'll arrive - I need to plan ribeyes for Wednesday night, and "grill-management..."  :lmao:

Who is DEFINITELY IN on this Fall Shoot?

Just quote a piece of this (edit out the top information, and leave this information below...)  Dates for THE SHOOT are Thursday through Sunday, 18~21 October 2018.  Most people are arriving on Wednesday, 17 October 2018, and leaving Monday, 22 October 2018. 

1. ME - I live here.  I'm here all the time.

2. Matt Cross. 17 Oct arrival.

3 & 4. Ron R-Squared and daughter.  17 Oct arrival.

5.  ROB.  He decided to make his flight in for the 18th, so he'll arrive sometime while we're out there already shooting.  I don't know what I'n gonna do with him, but I don't need to count him into the Wednesday night grill-cooking, due to his time management skills...   :banana:

6.  Greg/GREG.  Arrives 17 Oct.  I don't know which one will show up at the airport, but I know which one I'll find around the grill that night...   :laffs:

7. mrraley - will arrive 17 Oct.  Will fly out 22 Oct.

Edited by 98Z5V

2 minutes ago, 98Z5V said:

5.  ROB.  He decided to make his flight in for the 18th, so he'll arrive sometime while we're out there already shooting.  I don't know what I'n gonna do with him, but I don't need to count him into the Wednesday night grill-cooking, due to his time management skills...   :banana:

6.  Greg/GREG.  Arrives 17 Oct.  I don't know which one will show up at the airport, but I know which one I'll find around the grill that night...   :laffs:

7. mrraley - will arrive 17 Oct.  Will fly out 22 Oct.

Just quote me, like I just quoted myself, and add your info, and it'll all work out into a pretty good list of info...  :thumbup:  YOU HAVE TO QUOTE THAT ABOVE POST (NOT THIS ONE), OR YOU'LL FUK IT UP...   :banana:

Edited by 98Z5V

1 hour ago, 98Z5V said:

Can we get a head-count going for this one?  Just trying to figure peoplenumbers here...  Also, indicate what day you'll arrive - I need to plan ribeyes for Wednesday night, and "grill-management..."  :lmao:

Just quote a piece of this (edit out the top information, and leave this information below...)  Dates for THE SHOOT are Thursday through Sunday, 18~21 October 2018.  Most people are arriving on Wednesday, 17 October 2018, and leaving Monday, 22 October 2018. 

7. mrraley - will arrive 17 Oct.  Will fly out 22 Oct

8. DNP - heading straight for the secret location.  Likely arrival on the 17th.  Getting the trailer fixed up right now and still working on the wife who doesn't want to come out and be neglected all weekend. Things are about to get interesting for us financially, so who knows at this point.  Glad I already bought ammo.

10 minutes ago, DNP said:

You fucked it up. I can't even quote you...  :laffs:  Lemme try this the old way, and copy/quote what you said... 

Getting the trailer fixed up right now and still working on the wife who doesn't want to come out and be neglected all weekend. Things are about to get interesting for us financially, so who knows at this point.  Glad I already bought ammo.

She won't be neglected all weekend - I'ma teach her to outshoot you, brother.  Bet on that... Women learn easier than men do, because of that lack of bravado - women listen, then apply...   Men say "Yeah, I knew that, and ... uh...  RIght!"   

***(Only works when you're not teaching your own spouse - your own spouse NEVER listens to you... because...)    :lmao: :thumbup:

I will have all your ammo boxes wrapped up like Christmas Presents, too. I shiit you not...   It's about 45 POUNDS of ammo, so this has to be special...  :banana:

Edited by 98Z5V

3 minutes ago, DNP said:

I didn't fornicate it up. Did exactly what I wanted to do - maybe you you fucked it up?

She thinks she has to leave the other kids, otherwise she'll be babysitting all 3 of us and that's "no fun".  

The little ones are the life of the party, man!!!  I have so many .22s its not even funny!!!  :banana:  Dylan is on the Crickett Precision Rifle, but that might not compare to the 10/22 you already tricked out!!!   :hail:

You need to tell her this is almost as good as a Dune Trip...   :thumbup:

Edited by 98Z5V

5 minutes ago, DNP said:

She asked if there are any other women?

Hell yeah!  Ron's daughter (committed to coming out, and braving the ride with Ron again....) Susan, better half of Eye Doc, MikeDaddy's girls - if we can get HIM to commit, then they're in (and they shoot better than him...)... 

I WON'T have "another half" with me this time, thank God...  She was a disaster on a Spring Shoot last year or the year before... Fuk that...

If we can get Larry's wife on this - she RUNS the camp. I'm pretty sure she was in, a few months ago.  She RUNS the camp. When she's banging trashcans, you fuckers better get the hell out of bed and start training. Now. :lmao:

Edited by 98Z5V

12 hours ago, shepp said:

I gotta work numbers, most likely thrus afternoon leaving sunday or Monday. @ARTrooper needs to quit breeding so I can have a co pilot. 

I'm still waiting until my schedule is out. Only have us scheduled till October 13th right now. And I can't take the days off if I don't already have them off because I already have to cancel one week I have off so I can use those days when the baby is born. Hoping I have a 4 day weekend though, it is a possibility based on the previous weeks.

8. DNP - heading straight for the secret location.  Likely arrival on the 17th.  Getting the trailer fixed up right now and still working on the wife who doesn't want to come out and be neglected all weekend. Things are about to get interesting for us financially, so who knows at this point.  Glad I already bought ammo.

9. Ray. 17 Oct arrival.

14 minutes ago, 98Z5V said:

9. Ray. 17 Oct arrival.

Susan and I are coming.  I'm not exactly sure when we will get there yet.  I'm also trying to get my friend and maybe his wife to come with us.  This reminds me that I need to block off time.

1. ME - I live here.  I'm here all the time.

5.  ROB.  He decided to make his flight in for the 18th, so he'll arrive sometime while we're out there already shooting.  I don't know what I'n gonna do with him, but I don't need to count him into the Wednesday night grill-cooking, due to his time management skills...   :banana:

6.  Greg/GREG.  Arrives 17 Oct.  I don't know which one will show up at the airport, but I know which one I'll find around the grill that night...   :laffs:

9. Ray. 17 Oct arrival

10. Neal 18th late afternoon, maybe I can do another impromptu trip to the airport....

1 hour ago, shepp said:

5.  ROB.  He decided to make his flight in for the 18th, so he'll arrive sometime while we're out there already shooting.  I don't know what I'n gonna do with him, but I don't need to count him into the Wednesday night grill-cooking, due to his time management skills...   :banana:

6.  Greg/GREG.  Arrives 17 Oct.  I don't know which one will show up at the airport, but I know which one I'll find around the grill that night...   :laffs:

9. Ray. 17 Oct arrival

10. Neal 18th late afternoon, maybe I can do another impromptu trip to the airport....

11/12.  Ron and Susan.  Arrival unknown at this time, but arrival well respected...   :hail:

You might need to get Rob, because his dates ain't straight!   :laffs: He flies in on the 18th...

Updated for quoting:

9. Ray. 17 Oct arrival

11/12.  Ron and Susan.  Arrival unknown at this time, but arrival well respected...   :hail: