• Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

FUR Missle!

ARTrooper

8 hours ago, ARTrooper said:

Hmmm. what if my dog just rings the bell to get out instead of going potty? lol. she might annoy me to death

I had a girlfriend that taught her Chocolate lab with the bell on the door. It works great, but like Shepp said: it’s gonna happen.

Dog figures out cool, I ring this bell they come running and I have my own personal doorman :lmao:

On 4/7/2018 at 12:05 PM, edgecrusher said:

On a side note, wtf is up with the crown Vic?! You guys still rocking those up there?! When I got transferred I got into an older explorer but still has AWD. Damn that must suck in the winter. I don’t miss them at all.

93358111-8919-4FAF-9422-C102A3F70764.jpeg

Not just a Vic, a Vic with a JetStream light bar? Man...

I've got to say, I'm impressed with the wife's newest "work car" -- a 2016 Charger Pursuit. That car will poop and git. Unlike the Vic she used to have, where the skinny pedal was just a volume knob. Mash it to the floor, and it didn't actually go any faster -- it just got louder.

Fortunately, here in OK we only have to worry about snow and ice maybe 3-4 days a year.

The only gripe I've heard so far about the newest Chargers is that the rear bumpers don't like to stay where FCA put them. More than 5 miles or so at 120+ mph and the bumper will launch itself from the rear of the car...

2 hours ago, edgecrusher said:

We had some chargers but the rust out quickly up here and suck in the snow. The explorer is actually faster than the Vic and corners better.

I drove a Charger Hemi with AWD, the sucker was like a tank in the snow. Yours must have had rwd and or High speed tires.

4 hours ago, COBrien said:

Not just a Vic, a Vic with a JetStream light bar? Man...

I've got to say, I'm impressed with the wife's newest "work car" -- a 2016 Charger Pursuit. That car will poop and git. Unlike the Vic she used to have, where the skinny pedal was just a volume knob. Mash it to the floor, and it didn't actually go any faster -- it just got louder.

Vic or not, like I said, I had my old one going 140 for 20 miles in a pursuit. The handling was actually pretty good as long as you could account for the rear wheel drive. and the thing was a tank. I'll never talk bad about them. the only thing my Taurus has it beat on is hugging the road at high speeds. 

Our explorers on the other hand seem to float once they get to 110 or more. 

7 hours ago, ARTrooper said:

Our explorers on the other hand seem to float once they get to 110 or more. 

That's when you lay into it.  Been on enough bikes for that - might be headshake, loosen your grip, settle that fucker down.  Might be floating - don't get squirely, and let out, problems start - get into it.  You get another 10mph into them from that point, and it's scary how they "settle in." 

I'm not kidding.  Seen enough info on those Exploders going way over that, and being stable.  Pin that fucker when it floats a little.

My big v-twin is like that, get's a little "light" about 115, so you stay in it. Once you're 125, it sucks down to the road real tight, and it's maxed at 156. And terrifying.   :lmao: Tuck, man, fucking TUCK!   :laffs:

Edited by 98Z5V

Blew a big-end rod bearing.  Front jug.  I fucked that thing up.  I still haven't taken it apart yet...

Yeah, I broke it... 

I'd take it out right now and fuk up a moped, though, you asshead...  :laffs:

Edited by 98Z5V

On a more serious note, that is an AWESOME looking pup! Most of you don' know this but my buddy went in the hospital on Saturday while I was at the fall shoot. She didn't get to come home and I was with her and held her to say good bye that Monday after I got home. This is the first time in 29 years I haven't had a dog and its just not the same. So, if any of you know of any good pups available towards the West coast of Commiefornia I need to find a new pal. I have loved dogs all my life and really believe they are the closest thing on Earth we see to compare to GOD'S unconditional love for us. That is also why I believe it's not a coincidence that dog is GOD spelled backwards. Anyway, I need another dog.

Just now, suzukiray said:

On a more serious note, that is an AWESOME looking pup! Most of you don' know this but my buddy went in the hospital on Saturday while I was at the fall shoot. She didn't get to come home and I was with her and held her to say good bye that Monday after I got home. This is the first time in 29 years I haven't had a dog and its just not the same. So, if any of you know of any good pups available towards the West coast of Commiefornia I need to find a new pal. I have loved dogs all my life and really believe they are the closest thing on Earth we see to compare to GOD'S unconditional love for us. That is also why I believe it's not a coincidence that dog is GOD spelled backwards. Anyway, I need another dog.

Sorry to hear about your buddy, Ray, hope you find a suitable replacement soon.

I will look, brother- great place near me.  I'm looking for a pup myself- one that can "live" with Mo, the TactiCat... If I can find "that" dog," I'll get him/her... 

I will let you know...  Sorry to hear, too.  Sucks to lose them, for whatever reason.  I had two twin cats, same litter, 2003.  Lost the first one in December last year, the other one went 2 months later.  Fucking sucked.

Edited by 98Z5V

Sorry to hear that Ray. I have a 14 yr old and a 9 yr old at home too. I bought my older dog the day after I closed on my house 14 years ago and she is the best dog ever. She’s deaf and losing weight but still eating and can see and smell fine. Play comes in bursts, where as our 6 hour mountain bike rides used to be the norm. I haven’t called out of work ever on the job, and not in 10+ years combined, but I will need some time when she checks out.

My wife is already researching Cane Corso for our next pet dogs. I’ll always have pups. They love you when the wife and kids don’t, the ammo bin is empty and the cars and bikes are broke. Tails will be wagging, butts need scratching.... and all will be well

With our Lab puppy we litter trained him.  We had a large tray from a big dog kennel (2X3 ft) and a tile floored bathroom.  We used some litter to absorb an "accident" to pre-scent the litter in the tray and kept it along with his bed in that bathroom at night or when we were away from home.  A dog will generally not want to soil its bed and having the scented litter tray close by got the idea across to him that he should go there.  It was kinda funny watching a puppy use a litter box but it worked.  Right up until he was about 4 months old and big enough to have the bombsight over the litter but the bomb bay door over the floor.  By then it was an easy matter to get him going to the door.