• Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

GEORGIA school shooting now...

98Z5V

8 hours ago, 308kiwi said:

WTF is going on over there?

That's what I'm saying - this is way off the tracks...

8 hours ago, ARTrooper said:

The youth of today has some issues

...but, this sums it up.  These "feelings" kids and snowflakes think that guns are the answer to bullying, being ugly,nobody likes me, whatever.  They don't know how to rationalize anymore.  They just act out, most usually, with some else's guns...

9 hours ago, 308kiwi said:

WTF is going on over there?

We have changed so much as a society over the last 50 years, and not necessairily for the better. Disenfranchised kids are willing to sacrifice their life and or their future for 15 minutes of “ look at me, I am famous”. Guess they see no future. No easy answers, that’s for sure. 

3 hours ago, Sisco said:

We have changed so much as a society over the last 50 years, and not necessairily for the better. Disenfranchised kids are willing to sacrifice their life and or their future for 15 minutes of “ look at me, I am famous”. Guess they see no future. No easy answers, that’s for sure. 

I think this sums it up pretty well.

Its the daaamed video games im tellin ya.....We need Mad Mothers against Video Games......when you kill 16 hours a day on your monitor...killin becomes second nature....BUT think about this....What is the common denominator in these killings?  you could say guns.but that's not 100% true....what is 100% true is......................................school....take public school out of the equation and no more school killings..... case solved....they don't teach crap in public schools ..... all public school  does is babysit for a few hours a day....and let Mom do her thing...Oh wheres Dad? There aint no Dad....another effin problem           :embarrassed:     Wash

53 minutes ago, washguy said:

Its the daaamed video games im tellin ya.....We need Mad Mothers against Video Games......when you kill 16 hours a day on your monitor...killin becomes second nature....BUT think about this....What is the common denominator in these killings?  you could say guns.but that's not 100% true....what is 100% true is......................................school....take public school out of the equation and no more school killings..... case solved....they don't teach crap in public schools ..... all public school  does is babysit for a few hours a day....and let Mom do her thing...Oh wheres Dad? There aint no Dad....another effin problem           :embarrassed:     Wash

Been sayin that for years, pills in the mix and all bets are off.

Renee  you mean the Adderall crap the Docs give out too freely for the ADD?   "Been sayin that for years, pills in the mix and all bets are off. "  EXACTLY  Brother !   forgot bout those pills ...the kids trade em around....its effin  legal speed      Wash

I've been through this discussion before.  The SSRIs are a HUGE fucking problem- and I've lived them my whole adult life,with my kid, who is now almost 22. SSRIs fucking SUCK to try to manage, because doctors are just "guessing" at drugs and dosages -and rely on YOU to tell them how it's all working out. 

MAJOR impact in what's heappening these days, and people up high WON'T listen.  Because they're in the deep pockets of Big Pharma...

I totally agree...and its a silent partner in all this...If Renee hadn't brought it up...I would have forgotten too...

Here's an idea ...if a parent  doesn't keep their firearms under lock and key...and the whacko kid kills a bunch of people...then the parent should be charged as an accessory to murder...even if his whacko kid kills himself...the parent is still pulled into court and charged.  Some of these killings are the parents firearms being used by the kid....this has gotta stop!     Wash 

I agree, on keeping them locked up.  You don't let your firearms out of your control, when you're not around them.  Ever. 

If you aren't physically controlling them - then they're not in control.

My $0.02. 

THIS WAS NOT A SCHOOL SHOOTING! Goddamn clickbait writing reporter and irresponsible writing bullshiit out the wazzo on this one! This was an argument between two adults in the parking lot of the stadium where a graduation was taking place! Had not a GODDAMN thing to do with school or students other than where it took place!

https://www.al.com/news/index.ssf/2018/05/fatal_shooting_after_georgia_g.html

Fuk me, this kinda shiit makes me want to put a boot in someone's azz! I'm starting to hate reporters more than lawyers and that's pretty bad!

Edited by 392heminut

Gone for a few days to see family and I have some catching up to do. 

On ‎5‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 1:54 PM, 392heminut said:

THIS WAS NOT A SCHOOL SHOOTING! Goddamn clickbait writing reporter and irresponsible writing bullshiit out the wazzo on this one! This was an argument between two adults in the parking lot of the stadium where a graduation was taking place! Had not a GODDAMN thing to do with school or students other than where it took place!

https://www.al.com/news/index.ssf/2018/05/fatal_shooting_after_georgia_g.html

Fuk me, this kinda shiit makes me want to put a boot in someone's azz! I'm starting to hate reporters more than lawyers and that's pretty bad!

ignoring the fact that this shooting is not like school shootings recently in the news... thanks for pointing that out.

but back to talking about school mass school shootings in general. I have to disagree and agree with wash on some points.

1. video games are not the problem. video games all day long however I agree is not healthy for the mind. a kid that plays once in a while knows the difference between right and wrong, and reality and make believe.

2. feelings are not the problem. but not learning how to successfully deal with anger and sadness, and work through it.

3. pills are not the problem. but giving kids (and adults) pills for every little thing, including things that can be dealt with in other types of medicines is the problem. we need to stop drugging up our country to make problems go away, instead look to natural ways or other types of therapy. sometimes a bit of fresh air or even work, will help  many problems tremendously.

4. public schools are not the problem. I am not a huge fan of public schools. I have had issues in the past with what certain teachers have taught or how discipline has been given. but public schools allow kids to develop socialization skills. And though I love the morals a lot of private schools have, those schools can be out of reach for many families, either financially or just in the area they live. Schools need to be more regulated in their teaching, less opinion and more truth. more discipline and efficient in the way it is given. and none of this no kid left behind crap. kids need to show knowledge to advance, not just complete busy work that often times teachers don't grade or the students can get the answers for without actually learning and knowing the knowledge.

5. headline super stars, I agree that these people shouldn't be headline super stars. but I think this stuff needs to be in the media. but I think we need to spin it in a positive way so that any who think of doing it in the future will see that you may attack the children of America, but we will stand tall, stand together, see the good in the bad, and show that you can attack America but it will only become stronger. These TERRORISTS need to be destroyed in the media as cowards, weaklings, that we do not fear, and that will not change how we live our lives. They need to not be given deals, they need to be given the worst punishment the offense allows.

6. I agree that if guns owned by someone else who did not lock them up or report them as stolen are used, then they should face charges as well. Especially the parents of those that commit the crime because obviously they have failed to either see the problem with their child or do something about it. 

I miss any points?

Edited by ARTrooper
Stinking kids pushed enter before i was done

57 minutes ago, ARTrooper said:

4. public schools are not the problem. I am not a huge fan of public schools. I have had issues in the past with what certain teachers have taught or how discipline has been given. but public schools allow kids to develop socialization skills. And though I love the morals a lot of private schools have, those schools can be out of reach for many families, either financially or just in the area they live. Schools need to be more regulated in their teaching, less opinion and more truth. more discipline and efficient in the way it is given. and none of this no kid left behind crap. kids need to show knowledge to advance, not just complete busy work that often times teachers don't grade or the students can get the answers for without actually learning and knowing the knowledge.

I tend to disagree with this one, and I'll give a great example. Unnamed High School in southeastern AZ.  LOTS of military kids in this scool, with a large .mil installation in the city (You guys can figure this out). The have a security staff of 7 or 8 real security guards, IN the school, before-through-after every school day.  There's little mini-gang shiit going on, kids (drug dealers) hiding "weed-drops"  - and other shiit - under the dumpsters out back at set times, threats of student-on-student violence, and staff that doesn't give a shiit. Well, the security staff gave a shiit - I did all the work on the head of security's personal motorcycles, and knew him well.  Didn't envy his job...

Believe me.  I was a parent that was involved.  My kids had issues, and I was in that office, stating, "GO get the Principal. NOW." The assistant principal came out, introduced, and I cut him off - "WHO are you and WHAT is your job here?..."  I'm the Assistant...."   "STOP.  RIGHT THERE."

I looked at the staff, and said, "WHO did I just tell you to get?  An Assistant-Anything?"

"Well, sir, the Prinicipal is in a meeting..."

"Yeah, with WHO?"

"Sir, it's an interview for a substitute teacher position..."

I lost my SHIIT.

I, as calmly as possible, let them know that "what I was GOING TO discuss was alot more important than a damn job interview, and they better get that Principal out here NOW..."  

SHAZAM!  Principal appears.  We go into the office, and I begin.  My 10th grade kid was threatened by a 9th grade drug dealer, and stated that "there were people out to get my son, anytime, during the school day..."  Nope, not gonna happen.  WITH a security staff of 7or 8 people, I wouldn't think ANYBODY would be in danger DURING THE SCHOOL DAY...

So, I had a proposal for the Principal - you get me the contact information of that kid's mom and dad.  Like, NOW.  "No, Sir, we can't give that out"  Yeah?  Bullshiit you can't - better give up the information, and I want a meeting with that kid's parents, AND YOU.  "Sir, that's not going to be possible - we can't give out personal information..."

Alright, PrincipaL, here's my backup plan, and you better listen.  THAT 9TH GRADE DRUG DEALER, GANG-BANGER KID...  is NOW my son's protector.  RIGHT NOW.  If ANYTHING happens to my kid, IN this school, or afterwards - I will find out. ANYTHING.  That 9th grade punkass kid better make sure nothing happens with my son, and you're only job is to either deliver that message to the kid, or deliver it to his parents...

When the Principal refused to do ANYTHING... I came to the conclusion that the school was a cesspool, anybody that wanted to be a part of the solution, instead of being part of the problem, was going to go nowhere.

I withdrew him from there RIGHT THEN.  Immediately.  "Gather his records and give me forms.  He won't be back here again."  He was enrolled in a smaller charter school the next morning.

Now, tell me again how the public school system isn't a part of this?...

The thing with public schools is they can be great or awful, depending on the state, city, region or any number of things. The small northern Wisconsin school district where my kid went to school was not perfect, but did a good job of weeding out the trouble makers. Problem was they had troublemakers that were expelled from other schools come,in every year and it took a while to sort that out. A lot of school systems don’t have that luxury and support from the school board to do that. If you have problems in a community, they are going to be directly reflected in the problems of the school district.

Public schools could be great again but we need to get the federal government out of them and make the schools responsible on a local level. School administrations run the show and do it with funding in mind not the welfare of the local community. It took a few decades to get where we are and it will take a few to get the ground back but the sooner we start the sooner we can put this mess behind us.

33 minutes ago, jtallen83 said:

Public schools could be great again but we need to get the federal government out of them and make the schools responsible on a local level. School administrations run the show and do it with funding in mind not the welfare of the local community. It took a few decades to get where we are and it will take a few to get the ground back but the sooner we start the sooner we can put this mess behind us.

Exactly what happened in Parkland.  Exactly...  Funding brought that on, and the political motivation "for more funding" by under-reporting incidents...  :thumbup:

I'm not saying there isn't issues with some public schools like you stated. But I guess my experience is different like Sisco's. I've only dealt with smaller schools. Graduating classes under 100. And there will always be dirtbag school admins and teachers. but possibly schools are better when smaller because everyone knows everyone and there are more teachers for the amount of students compared to larger schools. I have noticed in my profession that larger schools do seem to have more problems. 

Right now I can't afford to put my kid in a private school and my son has delayed speech. so he needs special classes. my only way to get those classes is through the state, so he has to go to a public school. I have been fighting hard to try and keep him in one of those smaller schools because he gets more one on one attention. I have also noticed that smaller school has a lot less problems with young kids acting out, possibly because instead of 20-30 students to a teacher, there are 10-15 students to a teacher.