• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Best Deviled Egg Recipe Ever

Matt.Cross

Alright fellas, I'm going to share my recipe here with ya, and let all you culinary gurus try this one on for size!

1st up you'll need "boiled eggs", doesn't matter how many, recipe is adjusted according to how many eggs you want. The quotes around "boiled eggs" are there because you don't actually want to boil them. What you want to do whether you know it or not, is to have your eggs submerged under ~1" of water and heat it up to a simmer, rather than a boil. Maintain a simmer for 8.5 minutes and then remove from heat. Congratulations, you've now perfectly "boiled" your eggs.

2ndly 

Drain the hot water from your eggs and run cold water over them. This will cool them and help pull the white away from the shell. Now you can peel/shell your cool eggs and begin the prep.

3rdly

Cut each egg in half and dump the firmed yolks into a bowl for mixing.

4thly

Add the following for each egg yolk added:

~2/3rds teaspoon Mayonnaise

~1/2 teaspoon Mustard

1 pinch salt

1 dash pepper

~1/2 to 2/3 tablespoon sweet pickle relish - drained

Any and all of the above can be adjusted in quantity to suit your taste. Given quantities are a starting point.

5thly

Mix all the above to an even mixture, and spoon evenly onto the egg halves. Top the mixture on each egg off with a conservative dash of Cayenne Pepper, and a liberal dash of Smoked Paprika.

6thly

Enjoy. You will soon be addicted to them...

• 1 month later...
On 6/8/2018 at 11:45 PM, Matt.Cross said:

Alright fellas, I'm going to share my recipe here with ya, and let all you culinary gurus try this one on for size!

1st up you'll need "boiled eggs", doesn't matter how many, recipe is adjusted according to how many eggs you want. The quotes around "boiled eggs" are there because you don't actually want to boil them. What you want to do whether you know it or not, is to have your eggs submerged under ~1" of water and heat it up to a simmer, rather than a boil. Maintain a simmer for 8.5 minutes and then remove from heat. Congratulations, you've now perfectly "boiled" your eggs.

2ndly 

Drain the hot water from your eggs and run cold water over them. This will cool them and help pull the white away from the shell. Now you can peel/shell your cool eggs and begin the prep.

3rdly

Cut each egg in half and dump the firmed yolks into a bowl for mixing.

4thly

Add the following for each egg yolk added:

~2/3rds teaspoon Mayonnaise

~1/2 teaspoon Mustard

1 pinch salt

1 dash pepper

~1/2 to 2/3 tablespoon sweet pickle relish - drained

Any and all of the above can be adjusted in quantity to suit your taste. Given quantities are a starting point.

5thly

Mix all the above to an even mixture, and spoon evenly onto the egg halves. Top the mixture on each egg off with a conservative dash of Cayenne Pepper, and a liberal dash of Smoked Paprika.

6thly

Enjoy. You will soon be addicted to them...

Would you believe this, My Mother used this recipe since 1935, damn that is 83 years....... I found it in her stuff when she died in 1980. My wife has used it for 53 years.

1 minute ago, mrmackc said:

Would you believe this, My Mother used this recipe since 1935, damn that is 83 years....... I found it in her stuff when she died in 1980. My wife has used it for 53 years.

I completely believe it brother, that is outstanding! This is a newer favorite recipe for me but I think it's going to be a favorite recipe for a mighty long time. Between the relish and the smoked paprika, it's harder to beat than a sore dick.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, blue109 said:

I actually make deviled eggs all the time. Quick and easy snack.  I will say I like to over boil my eggs. I like the yoke to be dry and crumbly when I open them. I dont think 8 min of simmer would cut it for me. 

9 minutes of simmer will give you a fully dry yolk and the white will still be less rubbery than if boiled. ?

5 minutes ago, 98Z5V said:

He pulled it off!  Well, his girlfriend pulled it off - her first turkey, oven baked, and it was great!  All the sides she did were excellent, too.  I'm pretty proud of them!  They kept all the deviled eggs, too...   :laffs:

That’s awesome sounds like a great day!

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

Gettin' close to turkey time so a bump!

My mom did it this way. I tried to mention it to my wife, she hates sweet relish, you'd think I asked her to put pineapple on pizza. Fortunately when I got some chickens, she doesn't like fresh eggs either, I started doing it that way again. The universe is balanced again!🤪

On 10/19/2021 at 2:21 AM, jim3326 said:

Gettin' close to turkey time so a bump!

My mom did it this way. I tried to mention it to my wife, she hates sweet relish, you'd think I asked her to put pineapple on pizza. Fortunately when I got some chickens, she doesn't like fresh eggs either, I started doing it that way again. The universe is balanced again!🤪

I've never been keen on sweet relish as part of any other dish, but in deviled eggs it just works like a charm. Couldn't tell you why if my life depended on it....