• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Buick Grand National

98Z5V

I've always been  horsepower freak, and the 80s muscle cars were some of the baddest (with the most restrictions) out there.  One day, one day...  I'll have a stable of these things.  1985 Trans Am GTA will be there, and a Grand National will be there, if I have to build the fucking thing myself...

This vid on the Grand National if GREAT!...   :lmao:

1987 is the last year of the Grand National, and 500 were supposed to be built that last year.  The numbers went over, and they made 547.

There were rumors out there that there were never than many, no way, didn't happen.  This is the last car off the assembly line:

This is the story on number 547...

http://www.hotrod.com/articles/mythical-no-547-1987-buick-gnx-real-know-not-telling/

It went to it's 3rd owner recently, after it was auctioned in Florida... For $220,000...

https://www.hemmings.com/blog/2017/01/05/showing-just-68-miles-the-last-built-buick-gnx-heads-to-auction/

Edited by 98Z5V

Had an opportunity to buy one bout 10 years ago for cheap and it was nice and the guy didnt want that much for it....well crap this thread just ruined my day.....lol     Wash

I take it back it was bout 15 years ago

Edited by washguy

Here's a Grand National-inspired monster I'd love to get my hands on, one day...  Go ahead, laugh at the S-10, until you see the performance numbers.  Chevy was too chickenshiit to build it, and it was pitched to GMC - who did it.

https://www.cheatsheet.com/automobiles/gmc-syclone-after-25-years-its-still-the-king-of-sports-trucks.html/?a=viewall

If you can find one, SNATCH IT. It was only made in 1991. It was formed from all those Grand National engineers that were sitting around bored, after kicking everyone's a$s with the GNX.  It's a badass little truck...  :thumbup:

This thing has GNX blood all the way through it, to the core...

yy6pe3lufkx1w6svja92.jpg

Edited by 98Z5V

Even as a Ford guy. I had to give a tip of the hat to the late 80's firebird Formula. I never had one. But I test drove one of those steeds. One bad ass car. "Slightly worked" engines (350's), tight suspensions, FAT fuckin tires but without all of the boy racer ground effects that GM was also known for in those days. Saw a lot of Trans Am's back in those days, but not too many Formula's.

But alas........I've always bled Ford blue.

18 hours ago, 98Z5V said:

I've always been  horsepower freak, and the 80s muscle cars were some of the baddest (with the most restrictions) out there.  One day, one day...  I'll have a stable of these things.  1985 Trans Am GTA will be there, and a Grand National will be there, if I have to build the fucking thing myself...

This vid on the Grand National if GREAT!...   :lmao:

Funny, I just watched a video last night on a Grand National taking off from some cops and leaving them in the dust.

I've always been into the '80s turbo cars. My current "toy" is a 1981 Turbo Trans Am. It gets lots of looks and questions anywhere we go.

aa3e95c6-de1e-4acf-8190-7e9387ae37dc_zps

I've always wanted a GNX, but I'd settle for a T-Type.

Honestly, though, my dream car is a 1989 20th Anniversary Turbo Trans Am. The "last generation," so to speak, of the Turbo 6.

1989-Turbo-Trans-Am-700x340.jpg