• Visit Sportsmans Guide

What are you listening to?

Bigfoot

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 11/13/2022 at 11:05 AM, unforgiven said:

My daughter got us Spotify, having the world of music at our finger tips is amazing.

It’s great isn’t it, I love being able to go to a channel for what ever mood I’m in! 

the sound track for guardians of the galaxy is a great one probably one of the greatest movie sound tracks in 10 years. I was listening to it with my mom, ELO comes on, she says “I bought this record a week before you were born”. Welp there’s my answer to why I like ELO so much 

3 hours ago, blue109 said:

Download songs from YouTube or any online service. I don't pay for shiet! Puts them straight into my phone playlist

That's what I do. I use one app to download the MP3s, but if I wanted it to it would also play it. But I use Musio to organize my playlists and to play the music. Musio also allows me to move the music from my phones built in RAM to free that up  to the huge storage card. Maybe a more expensive phone has a better way to move it, but mine is an inexpensive phone. 

I did notice a positive with using bluetooth to send the music to my cars audio. In the past my music was on a thumbdrive and plugged into the car. It would skip and gave all sorts of problems. Using the phone there is none of that. Heck, I just waited for the mail to be delivered and spent the time ( just a few minutes) listening to the music that was already playing. There are much less pleasant ways to spend time waiting than in a warm car listening to my music. The audio quality is pretty good too. 

I really never wanted a smart phone when I was told 3G was going away, but it has been a good thing. I use the phone rather than allowing the phone to use me. To drive that home to friends, I tell them not to call me on it, I won't pick up and it won't be a leash for me. I also don't do texts; I'm not on that leash either. I do have ear buds, but unlike many people I see wearing them I only use them to watch a movie to keep the volume down so that the wife can sleep, or for my music to put me in a cocoon of music when I'm enduring the pain of rehab. Oh, one other use... In the shop I do have a radio that I keep tuned to talk radio since the various music stations play crap and I'm not going to take the time to test each and every one for decent music. Plus, reloading is on the 2nd floor and the radio is on the first. I bought a bluetooth speaker and with my phone near me I have full control and again, it's my music and not crap.

8 hours ago, shepp said:

BADASS!!!   Man, there's ALOT of dudes out there singing now that are "bigger" - and SHIIT to they have a voice!!!   I'm glad you posted that one up, I'll follow it, love the music.

The first one I caught that got me going was Rag'n'Bone Man.  What a voice on that guy...

^^^  With ALL OF THESE DUDES...   Hollywood and the "Music Industry" would tell these guys that the need to "fit an image" or "look a certain way"...   The internet has changed that.  Fukc the "industry executives" and what they think.  They want to brand someone, make them look a certain way -make money off them.

I love where it's gone - without those POS "industry execs" - music is coming back, from people you don't expect.  Taylor Swift might just be an idiot, but she looks good.  Someone else is writing her shiiit...

Here's another example, that I've been pimping since he dropped this song...  Fuk image -get the music out there...  

Seth Anthony...

On 11/19/2022 at 6:58 PM, 98Z5V said:

BADASS!!!   Man, there's ALOT of dudes out there singing now that are "bigger" - and SHIIT to they have a voice!!!   I'm glad you posted that one up, I'll follow it, love the music.

The first one I caught that got me going was Rag'n'Bone Man.  What a voice on that guy...

He’s awesome and has a great story of turning his life around. He started writing in prison, he’s got some rap that’s just ok. But the man can sign and he’s hitting the country charts with son of a sinner. I’ve listen to him on a few comics pods I listen to and they all say what a great genuine guy he is. 

On 11/19/2022 at 7:03 PM, 98Z5V said:

^^^  With ALL OF THESE DUDES...   Hollywood and the "Music Industry" would tell these guys that the need to "fit an image" or "look a certain way"...   The internet has changed that.  Fukc the "industry executives" and what they think.  They want to brand someone, make them look a certain way -make money off them.

I love where it's gone - without those POS "industry execs" - music is coming back, from people you don't expect.  Taylor Swift might just be an idiot, but she looks good.  Someone else is writing her shiiit...

Here's another example, that I've been pimping since he dropped this song...  Fuk image -get the music out there...  

Seth Anthony...

It’s been the same with comedians, they’re tired of the streaming services saying you can’t say this or that. So they’re just releasing it on YouTube and monetizing off that. They advertise on social and go on their friends podcasts and sticking it to the man 

14 minutes ago, shepp said:

They advertise on social and go on their friends podcasts and sticking it to the man 

...and I hope it continues.  Put the screws to the "traditional, only-way" scheme of things...   Do your own thing, make a million, and reach that million. 

Make a change.  :hail:   I support you.  :thumbup:

Here's me Anti-Hero Hero.  Fukc the establishment, in his own words. 

Aaron Lewis.  Here's the words I referenced above, about what you "should look like, act like" to be a music star in "the industry..."

Aaron Lewis called it out, bucked it, said "fukc off" about it - and still made it.  :hail:

On 11/19/2022 at 10:01 PM, Cunuckgaucho said:

The two stand out movie sound tracks for me are 

Singles

and The Commitements

Seems like there were a ton in the 80’s and 90’s and faded off in the mid 00’s 

dazed and confused is a major one that was 94’ and then of course the classics like cocktail, top gun etc. I’ve talked about it a lot with friends and a lot of them say queen of the damned. 

another newer show that’s had a killer soundtrack is stranger things, but as an 80’s/90’s kid that whole show plays into my heart with nostalgia

the lack of these days probably has a lot to do with what 98 and I were discussing, to many hands in the pots, everyone wants money for nothing and the cost of putting a killer soundtrack together just isn’t cost effective, with out the likes of Disney or Netflix behind the budget 

• 3 weeks later...