• Visit Sportsmans Guide

What are you listening to?

Bigfoot

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

This is a fucking CRAZY interview.  Nuts. 

I've listened to about everything Mike Glover.  Same thing, Jocko Willink. Seems like everyone has probably heard of Mike Glover, but Jocko...

He was the SEAL Commander on the ground, of the SEAL Team 3 that was all-things Chris Kyle, during all that.  SEAL Team 3's Task Unit Bruiser.  Everything you saw, if you watched "American Sniper" was Jocko running it.  Right then.  He's as CaveMan as they come, true Patriot, and tell me looking at a picture of him, that you'd fight this guy in an alley.  No Fukkin' Way.  Savage.

This is a badfukkinass interview of Mike Glover, by Jocko, on Jocko's podcast.  These are two serious warriors from the same realm of Special Operations, but different worlds of military branches.  This is cool.

It's also almost 4 hours, so plan your time wisely, to watch it all/hear it all.

@DNP will love this one, for the drives, if there's a podcast of it.  Knowing Jocko, there is.

Enjoy, men...

Edited by 98Z5V

At 2:11:30 into that podcast, start listening very, very closely.  Right before 2:12:00, he mentions "McCrystal's Task Force" - that was an amazing collection of hellish warriors, that unleashed all kinds of whoopass on the enemy, and made some amazing gains on the battlefields.  It's worth researching and looking up the details on it.  At 2:12:04, Mike Glover mentions CSM Nacy...    Wooo!!!  Let me tell you, that is one BADASS MAN, right there. 

Jody Nacy was my Group CSM at 1st SFG(A), Fort Lewis, WA, when 9/11 went down.  I know I told you guys that we had this MASSIVE INFLUX of Delta Senior Leaders into our unit in the very late '90s.  He was one of them, and he came in as the Group CSM.  EVERYTHING about training changed, upon his arrival - as well as the other guys in other senior leadership positions in the Battalions.

You'd see him in the morning, running PT by himself.  He'd have a 45lb weight plate duck-taped to a bare ruck frame, on his back.  Running an 8 mile loop down Transmission Line Road, right outside the compound.  Seeing things like that, just purely motivated you to follow anything the man stated.  You knew he could back up anything he stated, with sound information, tactics and reasoning, no matter what.  That was truly a Ledendary time in that unit, for the information you both learned and took away, from such an experienced Senior Leadership staffing move, into the unit.  The changes were unreal, the capabilities grew exponentially, just from the advice and changes made, and it made everyone a better warrior, in more ways than you can count on both hands, and using toes it you took your boots and socks off...   

^^^   He was NOT the Group CSM in November 2003, when I had a 12-hour notice mission briefing that I was leaving that night from McChord AFB, to Afghaniland.  In the mission brief, I asked for Mk12s, 2 per team, 3 teams going on the ground.  I was denied that request (the only one that I had that was denied, all other requests granted).  Had he BEEN the Group CSM, I would have had those 6 x Mk12s for my 3 teams.  They would have been useful. 

Fuk, when we were in the PI in 2002, we had a Group Change of Command - got a new Group Commander.  He was the one that assigned me to rooftop oversight duty, on top of the stadium, with an M4A1 and Aimpoint.  "Any vehicle or person tries to come through that perimeter fence that surrounds the stadium, while this ceremony is going on, DROP 'EM!"   Roger that, Sergeant Major~! 

This was the early days of red dots, so my gun looked just like this:

[WTS] "The Retro Future is now, old man" Aimpoint Gooseneck Carry Handle Mounts [AL ...

Mike Glover, 2:52:40 in that vid above.  Talking about transitioning out, and moving to .civ status.

"Look, I have a degree in Homeland Security.  What's that gonna translate to?"

I know @beachmaster has that degree, so it makes me want to know more about it.  What is it, really, and what does it do?  I have an "Associate's Degree" from Pierce College in Tacoma, Washington, Associate's in Technology.  That was just a few classes, combined with all my military school's worth of accreditation for credit towards it, and I think it was 5 or 6 real college classes that I had to take to get it.  At that time, you're not making E6 if you didn't do something towards Civilian Education on the promotion point worksheets, so I knocked it out, maxed out the civ ed block of the worksheet.  The title of the "degree" didn't mean shiit, but it got me promoted, finally. 

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, shepp said:

@98Z5V you’ll need to steal a fbi phone 

Eff it - just hack their phones, brother.  They're all smart phones, which means they can all be hacked.  "Encryption" isn't. 

That's a great find for an interview, and I'll hit that one up all day long, but I'm straight in the middle of Chris VanSant right not on the Shawn Ryan podcast...  

• 3 weeks later...