• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
50 minutes ago, DNP said:

Madchild featured in some of Tom's videos was with Swollen Members local North Vancouver band back in the day.Funny seein' Madchild and the image he tried to cultivate, dude came from a lily white Leave it to Beaver upbringing.

While MC got recognition Pervail was the real talant in the band

45 minutes ago, shooterrex said:

While Larkin Poe does some amazing covers( worth checking out)

They have their own stuff that's worth a listen

• 3 weeks later...

I'm an old fart, I know what I like and LOTS of the new music is just mehh. 

My all time fav' is the Moody Blues. I can listen to them and the pain of rehab just disappears. IMO their best album wasn't down by the Moody Blues, but just 2 members of the group, Justin Hayward and John Lodge, Blue Jays. Other than classical music it's my favorite album of all time.

OK, my journey into getting them in my ears during rehab. This will be old hat to many younger folks here. For years (decades?) the wife and I had flip phones that needed charging every few weeks and they did all we needed them to do. But 3G is disappearing and we were told that out lifetime phone numbers couldn't be transferred to new flip phones so we went with smart phones. I discovered apps and one allowed me to have my music. It was Pandora and I found out over time that it sucked, or it did for me. Then I discovered apps that downloaded MP3s and stored them on my phone. Musio plays them for me and unlike Pandora doesn't switch me over to Ella Fitzgerald after it times out. I have never had "my music" in the shop before but I also discovered bluetooth speakers and in fact just came in after building a shelf for one that arrived yesterday to reside on. While I was building it I was listening to Jethro Tulls Aqualung courtesy of my phone. 

Back to cardiac rehab, I also discovered noise cancelling ear buds and I put them in and I'm in my personal cocoon of sound. It's soooo much better than intermittent conversation or music that has the volume turned down so low as to be worthless. 

Other music on my phone, Olivia Newton-John, Linda Ronstadt, ELO, Jethro Tull, Renaissance, Pink Floyd, more that I can't remember. Maybe some Black Sabbath? As I remember groups that I like I download their mp3s.