• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

EugeneStoner

Hi All,

I'm a large pattern AR/AR-10 newbie and this is partly thanks to 308ar.com.  I was interested in larger caliber AR rifles for a long time before last year but was on the fence about actually owning them as I had trouble finding resources on the platform from anywhere but specific manufacturers.  This made it difficult to be sure I would be making a smart purchase that I would be happy with long term.  I then ran across this site and was able to quickly get educated on the platform enough to decide which .308 AR pattern rifle I wanted to buy first.  I found the compatibility guide and list of manufacturers especially helpful for this.  I  am now quite happy to have traded all of my traditional sporting rifles for modern sporting rifles.  I like to say I have moved from using Banker's Rifles (with fancy wood stocks I was always afraid were going to get scratched) to Battle Rifles. 

Hats off to all the great contributors here, especially the long-time regulars, administrators and moderators whose deep expertise and willingness to share it on a volunteer basis here is very helpful.

18 minutes ago, Robert@FULL30 said:

Say it again will ya :fullauto:

Welcome from Fl!

Thanks and "Battle Rifles" Robert! ?  Its Wikipedia entry is pretty precise and also includes the cool term "full-powered rifle cartridge":

"'Battle rifle' is a post-World War II term for military service rifles that are fed ammunition via detachable magazines and fire a full-powered rifle cartridge.[1]

The term "battle rifle" was created largely out of a need to better differentiate the intermediate-power assault rifles (e.g. StG-44, AK-47 and M16) from full-powered automatic rifles (e.g. FN FAL, M14 and H&K G3) as both classes of firearms have a similar appearance and share many of the same features such as detachable magazines, pistol grips, etc.[2]

This term may also describe older military full-powered semi-automatic rifles such as the M1 Garand, Gewehr 43, MAS-49, and the SVT-40.[3][4] Before the 1990s, the term was not well defined and was used as a general description for all types of military rifles."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_rifle

30 minutes ago, shepp said:

Welcome from Wisconsin via the Arizona desert

Thanks Shepp! ? I'm from Central WI and will be back there for deer season and Thanksgiving with family and friends next month.  It's always a good time but it would be nice if Wisconsin winters were more like those in Arizona. 

1 hour ago, EugeneStoner said:

Thanks Shepp! ? I'm from Central WI and will be back there for deer season and Thanksgiving with family and friends next month.  It's always a good time but it would be nice if Wisconsin winters were more like those in Arizona. 

I’ll be back home to soon I guess it’s snowing there today ??

18 hours ago, 98Z5V said:

^^^   He looks PISSED that you're taking his picture!  :laffs:

Welcome aboard... 

18 hours ago, sketch said:

ohh hes pissed about the skin and bones or its dinner time. lol! 

Thank you for the welcomes 98Z5V and sketch! ? And yeah Pancho doesn't like wearing his Halloween costume much but at least tolerates this one.  The first was a taco costume that had to be returned to the store as he wasn't having any part of it, LOL.