• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

newbie to this forum from se washington

carverelli

just a shout out from a relative newb. 10years ago I built my first AR15 after my brother outshot me in s Dakota on prairie dogs. My ar15 is a dpms upper and lower with a 24 inch kreiger ss 1-13 twist. 3800 fps with 40 gr ballistic tips. lights out to 300 yards 200 if its windy. 

This build is a 6.5 creedmoor with a 20 inch kreiger on an aero precision builders kits green camo. looking to hunt and shoot steel with the creedmoor. I reload and have a Dillon 650 loader with casefeeder.

im hoping to glean some knowledge from this forum as im anticipating cycling issues. I don't mind lending help on some things but like I saud earlier im pretty green

28 minutes ago, carverelli said:

im hoping to glean some knowledge from this forum as im anticipating cycling issues.

Welcome aboard - whatever happens, we can solve it.  List the specific parts in a build thread, and ask questions about certain parts before you buy - we'll be able to figure it out beforehand, and not waste money.   :thumbup:

oops...I have the aero precision receivers in hand. ordered the Krieger barrel adj gas block and tube last Thursday. the jp enclosed spring assembly and buffer the nickel boron carrier and a high pressure bolt were ordered last night with the gisselle SSA-E tigger and lower parts kit. I understand the creedmoor can have cycling issues and something should be adjustable. so I made the gas block adjustable

22 hours ago, carverelli said:

I understand the creedmoor can have cycling issues and something should be adjustable. so I made the gas block adjustable

Not true.  I just finished a .260 Rem and nothing is adjustable in the gas system, or fancy in the recoil system. That cartridge is a virtual twin to the 6.5CM.  Runs great without complicated shiit getting in the way. 

On ‎12‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 9:25 AM, suzukiray said:

Welcome from the People's Republic of Commiefornia!!

I don't know how people can afford to live in that state. Couple that with ungodly traffic in attraction site and the city...I don't care to ever cross the border into that place.

aren't people leaving by the droves?

13 hours ago, carverelli said:

I don't know how people can afford to live in that state. Couple that with ungodly traffic in attraction site and the city...I don't care to ever cross the border into that place.

aren't people leaving by the droves?

Trust me, as soon as I can get the wife to leave I'm out of here!!! Her Mom is still alive. The ONLY good thing here is the weather!!!!

Oh, and Dirk and Rob!!! Lol!!!!

Edited by suzukiray

7 hours ago, suzukiray said:

Trust me, as soon as I can get the wife to leave I'm out of here!!! Her Mom is still alive. The ONLY good thing here is the weather!!!!

Oh, and Dirk and Rob!!! Lol!!!!

Tell her  you found a girl 20 years younger than her. Worked for me! Upgraded from a 50 yrs old to a 30 yr old. Thats how i got rid of my 2nd wife. Oh, wait....you meant get your wife to agree to leave state-Not you! Sorry, reading comprehension fail on my part!?

Edited by Lonewolf McQuade
Correction