• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Howdy

Robb in Austin

Welcome. We're here to help. Just build the lower right, and it'll cut down on your issues. Once you get the upper, just go ahead and take it apart and measure the gas port.  Visually check the gas tube protrusion into the upper receiver, and get a pic of it, before it all gets ripped down.   :thumbup:

Edited by 98Z5V

1 hour ago, 98Z5V said:

I just got an email from Armalite a couple days ago that the AR-10 Carbine gas tubes were back in stock, too.  DSG Arms just ran out of them...

What barrel/upper config did you order, Robb?...  18" midlength gas?

Yep.

And I checked the gas tube "fit". It's setting at about a 1/3rd the way into the cut out in the upper. I'll grab a pic.

Edited by Robb in Austin

1 minute ago, ARTrooper said:

98 will get you up and running... and then he will help you spend more money on another build you can't live without. the addiction is a disease

Yeah. This all started because I had an AR15 lower build kit laying around, checking out PSA. Now, I still have the build kit in need of an AR15 build.....

11 minutes ago, Robb in Austin said:

Yeah. This all started because I had an AR15 lower build kit laying around, checking out PSA. Now, I still have the build kit in need of an AR15 build.....

Many of those parts will work...  I'm just sayin'.  The spares are what turn into another rifle.

PSA uses DPMS-based parts for the lower - any DPMS-based lower kit will have you running - you need the longer pivot and takedown pins, and the bolt catch.  Those are the parts that are .308AR specific, over AR15 parts.  Safety, trigger, springs and detents - all the same.

2 hours ago, 98Z5V said:

Many of those parts will work...  I'm just sayin'.  The spares are what turn into another rifle.

PSA uses DPMS-based parts for the lower - any DPMS-based lower kit will have you running - you need the longer pivot and takedown pins, and the bolt catch.  Those are the parts that are .308AR specific, over AR15 parts.  Safety, trigger, springs and detents - all the same.

And I’m not sure about fitment on the PSA but I got with Armalite parts for the exceptions.