• Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

BOG death grip

unforgiven

10 hours ago, jtallen83 said:

Is the tension on the pan and swivel smooth? Thinking that might be the answer for coyote hunting, gets me up out of the grass no matter how tall or short it is.

You relax the tension and it's smooth. Grabbed a marker and made marks every 6" for quick reference for reposition. Fully extened at 20* it's to tall for me at 6'. With the rifle horizontal. It's badass will see how it works this weekend. RRA is probably one of  the heaviest .308 w/. 20" HBAR out there.

Edited by unforgiven
Crappy hand's

So I took the tripod North. It took some getting used to to get it adjusted. With a rifle in the clamps there was still a little bit of wiggle in the neck. but when you look at the rifle as a lever I couldn't help but try to bull the shot. I don't know if you would be able to take that out of the equation unless you were leaning on something. It take some getting used to you had a position yourself properly. my problem was I spent the time muscle in the rifle on to the Target. Which you know it's no good. I just have to get used to it. But it seemed like a nice piece of kit. Still haven't used it in the other degree settings. What are you do I will make sure to take some pictures.

• 6 months later...

Interested in BOG Tripods for all manners of shooting/hunting from back yard steel range- to taking youngsters hunting for deer/turkeys in a blind.  How does the BOG set up rate since you have had it for a while?  Any with experience, please chime in.

Edited by Dirty Steve

It set up quick has a lot of versatility, I got the carbon fiber from Dvor. My problem was muscling the rifle. So now you can get a good balance point but touch has to very light. I have a problem with that. I'm 5' 11" and it works for me. Another brother here is 6'2" there abouts and had to scrunch down which added to the wobble. Legs will splay open for table top. I like it, I need to learn how to use it.

• 5 months later...

Just checked one of these out at the shoot. Death Grip doesn't do it justice 

Owner has a multi platform with giant optics and quad rail first and last 4 inches of the handguard so clamped it middle of the guard. Locked in solid. No problem being completely out of balance.

On sale around here from time to time for 120.

Going to get one next sale