• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Cali Earthquake

Armed Eye Doc

The one on the 4th was just a fun set of  rollers, like jello. The one last night was even better, lasted longer and we were in a restaurant, watching the liquor in bottles moving and then the lights swinging. A few people freaked out a bit but they were fun to watch. Even last night was just rollers again but lasted longer and was fun!

Edited by suzukiray

Didn’t feel a thing where I am. My sister was pretty close to the bigger one at a softball tournament with her youngest. They were outdoors and nowhere near any damage, but it’s probably the biggest she’s been that close to. Said it was pretty interesting how much the ground moved around them. 

If I lived in that area , having a aftershock larger & longer then the first Tremor , I would be worried . what's will the next one be ?  I can live with Hurricanes , because if I have too, I can out run them , now an Earthquake , its a sucker punch !

Edited by survivalshop

2 hours ago, survivalshop said:

If I lived in that area , having a aftershock larger & longer then the first Tremor , I would be worried . what's will the next one be ?  I can live with Hurricanes , because if I have too, I can out run them , now an Earthquake , its a sucker punch !

I remember living at Pendleton back in the 80's  our Co spent the summer up north of fire fighter duty.

After spending 35 years building infrastructure large gas lines would bother me the most.

I see tge scientist are still saying the big one will be along in 30 years.

When the big one does come you won't have to worry about it if you're at ground zero

This was all over the local news last night, with people in Chandler sending in cellphone videos to the news, of small ripples in their pool, or a chandelier moving a little bit in their house.  I didn't feel a damn thing where I'm at.

I was at Fort Ord for the October 1989 for the 6.9 that hit San Fran, and that was some shiit!  Never seen asphalt roads "roll like waves on the ocean," but I did that day.  Telephone poles swinging like a baseball player in the batter's box.  I was a two-time earthquake lottery winner,and was at Fort Lewis for the 2001 Nisqually quake, at a 6.8 - and that one was wild as fuk.  Running a Foreign Weapons range at the time, and had to yell at the idiot in the tower to get the fuk out of there and down on the ground.  Again, dirt and earth rolling like waves on the ocean, and you can see each wave coming at you.  Fucking surreal.  I guess this one here that we're talking about was upgraded to a 7.1, and I've got local people that want to be in the news and "were part of it," but there wasn't anything to be felt, south of Phx.  Nada.

On 7/6/2019 at 6:39 PM, 98Z5V said:

This was all over the local news last night, with people in Chandler sending in cellphone videos to the news, of small ripples in their pool, or a chandelier moving a little bit in their house.  I didn't feel a damn thing where I'm at.

I was at Fort Ord for the October 1989 for the 6.9 that hit San Fran, and that was some shiit!  Never seen asphalt roads "roll like waves on the ocean," but I did that day.  Telephone poles swinging like a baseball player in the batter's box.  I was a two-time earthquake lottery winner,and was at Fort Lewis for the 2001 Nisqually quake, at a 6.8 - and that one was wild as fuk.  Running a Foreign Weapons range at the time, and had to yell at the idiot in the tower to get the fuk out of there and down on the ground.  Again, dirt and earth rolling like waves on the ocean, and you can see each wave coming at you.  Fucking surreal.  I guess this one here that we're talking about was upgraded to a 7.1, and I've got local people that want to be in the news and "were part of it," but there wasn't anything to be felt, south of Phx.  Nada.

Parents were in Watsonville for that one, near the epicenter. NW of Monterey

14 minutes ago, Sisco said:

Parents were in Watsonville for that one, near the epicenter. NW of Monterey

Drove through there alot, in the way to MargaritaVille on the Capitola Beach, or on the way to Santa Cruz.  I loved that area, back then.  I'm not sure what's come of it now, but it was a great area.  Watsonville got hit hard in that quake.

13 minutes ago, 98Z5V said:

Drove through there alot, in the way to MargaritaVille on the Capitola Beach, or on the way to Santa Cruz.  I loved that area, back then.  I'm not sure what's come of it now, but it was a great area.  Watsonville got hit hard in that quake.

Whole downtown collapsed. Was fenced off for two years. Loved the pier area of Capitola. My sister-in-law had her ashes spread under that pier. Drank quite a few times at Margaritaville. Who knows we might have been there the same time.

1 minute ago, Sisco said:

Whole downtown collapsed. Was fenced off for two years. Loved the pier area of Capitola. My sister-in-law had her ashes spread under that pier. Drank quite a few times at Margaritaville. Who knows we might have been there the same time.

I hit that place often in '86/'87, but I was damn near a weekend regular from '89~'91, brother.  You were probably that Giant Bastard across the bar that I didn't want to have anything to do with, later...   :thumbup::lmao:

Parents lived above LaSelva Beach for a couple of years, then moved to Watsonville. Used to go out and visit them as much as I could back then. My mother was dieing of lung cancer, my Dad had prostate cancer so I tried to come out and help them as much as I could. Maragaritaville was a good place to hang out, watch the creek, the pier and every one walking around, when I could get away. My Mom died about a year after the quake, and my Dad moved back to Minnesota six months later. Went back in 2010 to attend the spreading of my sister in law’s ashes and stayed at that bright painted hotel across the creek from Margaritaville. Pretty run down by then.