• Visit EuroOptic
  • Visit Site
  • Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

What's the smallest part you started a build with?

Albroswift

1 hour ago, Albroswift said:

Digging through the parts bin, came across a 12-1/16" gass tube. Primary Arms has low pro gas blocks on sale for 9 bucks. Good to go, right?

That's an Armalite AR-10 Carbine gas tube, so good on any .308AR "midlength" barrel that's not really drilled at midlength...  :lmao:

1 hour ago, Armed Eye Doc said:

@98Z5V has the record with a gas tube roll pin. :lmao:

^^^ That really did happen...  :embarrassed:

I bought a damn gas tube that came with two roll pins.  I didn't know what to do with the second roll pin, it's so damn small.  I poured a little water on it, added a touch of MIracle Grow, and it turned into a damn whole gun in short order!...   :laffs:

my first day here ended up being the bigest build in my life. wouldn't have it any other way! 🍻🇺🇸 there is nothing to small or challenging, these brothers can't help with!  My answer is, me in my darkest days .. now im really fucked and have alot of parts and brothers I have to thank for enabling me to be a friend for life! 👍

4 minutes ago, Matt.Cross said:

I beg to differ, sir! I have a Mk12 Mod 1 that started as underhanded shenanigans by Tom!

Valid argument - it started when I handed you that 12.5 Grendel out there on long range day...   from vaporware and an idea...  :laffs:

4 minutes ago, 98Z5V said:

Valid argument - it started when I handed you that 12.5 Grendel out there on long range day...   from vaporware and an idea...  :laffs:

You know a chump when you see one, you rotten bastidge... 

"You already want a Mk12, just think of how cool it would be to have one that you could shoot past 1k with!"

*Matt pulls out credit card and starts to further endanger his marriage*

*Shoots past $1k within a week*

1 minute ago, Matt.Cross said:

That was the SHORTEST build I ever did - and it wasn't even MY MONEY!!!   That WHOLE THING went down in 2.5 weeks, DELIVERED TO DOOR!!!...    :lmao:

You, my brother, are my hero, on that thing...   :hail:

6 hours ago, Matt.Cross said:

You know a chump when you see one, you rotten bastidge... 

"You already want a Mk12, just think of how cool it would be to have one that you could shoot past 1k with!"

*Shoots past $1k within a week*

I see what you did there... 🤣

"...started with" and ____________ finished?  Started with and not finished,  an idea.  Bought all the parts a did nothing out of fear of screwing up. There's enough for three builds here.  Didn't photo the stocks.  and avoiding the closet of truth,  or closet of shame.  Way too much stuff being unused.   Two uppers hidden,  multiple lowers,  barrels in tubes.  Whoa!!!

IMG_1264.JPG

IMG_1266.JPG

IMG_1267.JPG

IMG_1268.JPG

Edited by RedRiverII
add on

Yeah it's kinda sad but I think that this Lr-308 build was the start to the end of my last relationship. She was more a liberal than I thought, suddenly wanted me to stop, well slow way down on my guns, not build any or shoot as much, so I took my b-day savings and built this 308. I still paid all the damn bills since she wasn't working at all 90% of the time we where together. Oh, well I think the gun Gods for saving anymore misery with her. 

I got a nice shooting rifle on a budget that I think looks good & shoots well. Thinking about rattle can painting it a cammo for hunting, since that's what I want to do with it. I did get a different stock also from that MOE stock upgraded to the Magpul ACS stock, like how it balances out the weight of the rifle & gives me a better cheek weld on the rifle. 

20190723_205725.jpg

20190728_020913.jpg

Edited by Lr-308FUn

4 minutes ago, Lr-308FUn said:

Yeah it's kinda sad but I think that this Lr-308 build was the start to the end of my last relationship. She was more a liberal than I thought, suddenly wanted me to stop, well slow way down on my guns, not build any or shoot as much, so I took my b-day savings and built this 308. I still paid all the damn bills since she wasn't working at all 90% of the time we where together. Oh, well I think the gun Gods for saving anymore misery with her.

I've been through three of them, while a member of this board, brother.  Sweat it not.  I've got your back. :thumbup:Only lost four guns in total, through them all, too. Bitches...  :banana:

I have sold 2 guns so far to build this beast, sold my Ruger PC 9 carbine yesterday & prior to that my 5.56 AR pistol build, that I really barely shot since I got my 14.7" PSA FN line AR 15. 

Sold when I was with her my Tangfolio 9mm pistol & my 16" 300 blackout rifle, it was a Anderson that I got dirt cheap. I made money on both but really didn't want to sell them. Hell my first relationship of 14 yrs prior to this one, I bet she had me sell well over 20+ pistols & rifles the 14 yrs we where together, she would hide the bills from me, mess with my account & her's & stop auto payments, let bills get behind while I am working 50-65+ hours a week. Damn women, why cannot I find one that likes guns, lol😁

Edited by Lr-308FUn

59 minutes ago, Lr-308FUn said:

Damn women, why cannot I find one that likes guns, lol😁

You can't even trust THOSE ones, sometimes, man - don't bank on that "one that likes the guns," being a good one. I'm a two-striker on that setup. Lost 3 guns to the last 2, just because "they liked guns..."  Don't put your money there, brother - if they like guns, they'll REALLY like YOUR GUNS...   Ask me how I know...   :bitchslap::laffs: