• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Greetings from Central Obamastan

billymagg

Greetings Comrades from Central Obamastan,,, upon reflection on some neglect and even sundry minor corrosion of myself, and my small battery? (well not so minor is my case?) I've been dragging assorted pistols, revolvers, and rifles to the farm to burn some powder and rubles.... the addition of a 5" M&P .40 marked my first excursion in a "plastic fantastic", I really liked it, but it threw more of a "pattern" than a group...

Any way, further reflection on a couple of older Mauser 98's, a Winchester 94, and my sole AR, a 5.56 Rock River Predator Pursuit with a newer Redfield Battlezone, an amazing glass, sadly discontinued after a very short run...

Led me to the conclusion that my Husqvarna 4100 Light Weight in 30-06 lived up to its nick name given by a close friend, who fired a single round and pronounced he was giving my lovely little rifle the name of "ass-KICKER", and that it needed a much better glass. That issue was resolved by moving the beautiful old Leopold 2 X 7 off my 1951 FN style rifle that would become the Browning Safari in later production... so at least now the ass kicker is gaining on accuracy,,, the Leopold will likely need to be removed and some manner of nail polish or some such, applied between the scope and rings to keep it from walking. I bought a new Nikon Glass for the FN, but the bolt wouldn't open with out hitting the objective, so off came the Nikon.... and a search for some taller rings, for that maniacal genius Maynard Bhueler's, beautifully machined, but maddeningly complex, bases and rings....

I returned the Nikon, as it was out of character with the FN, and found a lovely Leopold 3.5 X 10 X 50, yes you're right I am crazy, and after pulling my hair out, found a set of Beuhler rings from a Weatherby, negotiated from a princely 125 Bucks down a paupers wage of 85 bucks, they work beautifully...

Of course the 5.56 would be totally habit forming, with it slik little 18" barrel, and light weight, not to mention that its a little drill, all except for those little bitty holes it leaves in the target??? dissapointing, at my age, its much more satisfying to not need your magnifying glass to spot those little bitty pin pricks.... 

so here I am, on 308AR. com,,,   after perusing the inter webs, I need a small loan, as sadly??? ( I can't explain it, its NOT rational), (well, what I think I can't live without) is about 3 G's, and machined from a solid bar of 7075 aluminum, "yes, I know that sounds pathetically familiar to my archery addiction, so give me a sales pitch, or offer up your super wazoo Wilson Bill et rifle at a veritable steal, go ahead, I dare you! lol

if you got one, but you desperately need something else?  what can you lose??

37 minutes ago, Matt.Cross said:

You're in the right place. Go ahead and put your welding gloves on so your hands aren't burnt when your money goes scorching out of them.

Yes Sir, I'm in the hunt for one right now on that really bad place, where other guys try to take "your own beautiful" little rifle from you!!!

On the other hand, the "Honey Badger" is threatening to break my fingers every time I raise my bid, she said how many guns did you have when I married you??? ahhh 3, how many guns do you have now,,, ahhhh, I don't know,,, how many???? I'm not a liberty to say Maam! I could tell ya, but then I'd have to??? WHAT DID YOU SAY???

22 minutes ago, Armed Eye Doc said:

Welcome to the forum.  We can certainly help you spend your money.  You had better go ahead and get $5K.  You'll need ammo and that is getting expensive unfortunately.

Yes, I think you're right, and hey, 3 Grand may not buy it, I've though about buying a matched set upper/lower, but Wilson is out of stock on the big AR sets???

1 hour ago, billymagg said:

Greetings Comrades from Central Obamastan,,, upon reflection on some neglect and even sundry minor corrosion of myself, and my small battery? (well not so minor is my case?) I've been dragging assorted pistols, revolvers, and rifles to the farm to burn some powder and rubles.... the addition of a 5" M&P .40 marked my first excursion in a "plastic fantastic", I really liked it, but it threw more of a "pattern" than a group...

Any way, further reflection on a couple of older Mauser 98's, a Winchester 94, and my sole AR, a 5.56 Rock River Predator Pursuit with a newer Redfield Battlezone, an amazing glass, sadly discontinued after a very short run...

Led me to the conclusion that my Husqvarna 4100 Light Weight in 30-06 lived up to its nick name given by a close friend, who fired a single round and pronounced he was giving my lovely little rifle the name of "ass-KICKER", and that it needed a much better glass. That issue was resolved by moving the beautiful old Leopold 2 X 7 off my 1951 FN style rifle that would become the Browning Safari in later production... so at least now the ass kicker is gaining on accuracy,,, the Leopold will likely need to be removed and some manner of nail polish or some such, applied between the scope and rings to keep it from walking. I bought a new Nikon Glass for the FN, but the bolt wouldn't open with out hitting the objective, so off came the Nikon.... and a search for some taller rings, for that maniacal genius Maynard Bhueler's, beautifully machined, but maddeningly complex, bases and rings....

I returned the Nikon, as it was out of character with the FN, and found a lovely Leopold 3.5 X 10 X 50, yes you're right I am crazy, and after pulling my hair out, found a set of Beuhler rings from a Weatherby, negotiated from a princely 125 Bucks down a paupers wage of 85 bucks, they work beautifully...

Of course the 5.56 would be totally habit forming, with it slik little 18" barrel, and light weight, not to mention that its a little drill, all except for those little bitty holes it leaves in the target??? dissapointing, at my age, its much more satisfying to not need your magnifying glass to spot those little bitty pin pricks.... 

so here I am, on 308AR. com,,,   after perusing the inter webs, I need a small loan, as sadly??? ( I can't explain it, its NOT rational), (well, what I think I can't live without) is about 3 G's, and machined from a solid bar of 7075 aluminum, "yes, I know that sounds pathetically familiar to my archery addiction, so give me a sales pitch, or offer up your super wazoo Wilson Bill et rifle at a veritable steal, go ahead, I dare you! lol

if you got one, but you desperately need something else?  what can you lose??

8 minutes ago, jtallen83 said:

Welcome from Iowa, via Missouri!

Grab an Aero receiver set and add some Bill Wilson to it by getting one of his barrels, top notch stuff for the money 👍

Well, 21 hours and 49 minutes the man says, also tells me that I'm losing, current bid is 2400..... 47 bids, I do have one with a scope offered at 3 Grand, it already has a Leopold and factory mounts, but it has a collapsable stock, I'm trying to stay away from that as comrade premier is a real gun grabber, and anything else thats not tied down!

I do like the Aero, but that Wilson receiver is just so, so,, well sexy dammit!

And welcome from Arkansas. (misspelled my own damn state three times ... must be past o'beer thirty). Brother, get what you want. If anybody says you shouldn't have it, offer to write them a check for what it's worth ... payable from your casket at your funeral. Hey, if the wife and kids are well fed, clothed, educated, etc., then it's your money. Do with it what makes you happy! Of course, this assumes you aren't a kept man. If you are, would you mind sharing how you got to be that way so the rest of us could learn from your example? :banana:

I did ma

8 hours ago, Sharpshooter said:

And welcome from Arkansas. (misspelled my own damn state three times ... must be past o'beer thirty). Brother, get what you want. If anybody says you shouldn't have it, offer to write them a check for what it's worth ... payable from your casket at your funeral. Hey, if the wife and kids are well fed, clothed, educated, etc., then it's your money. Do with it what makes you happy! Of course, this assumes you aren't a kept man. If you are, would you mind sharing how you got to be that way so the rest of us could learn from your example? :banana:

I did indeed marry well my friend,  lol, and yes it is highly recommended, but I also have 9 kids and 15 grandkids, also had 4 jobs at one time, lots of late nights and Dr. Pepper at Klem's Aero Repair,  further nurturing my ALCOA addiction. Damn, I just LOVE aluminum!

thanks for the encouragement, it says I'm winning again, but we will see at 8:30 Central Daylight time tonight, I'm not very hopeful, but I'm still in it! I do have a back up, with mounts and a scope, but it is more pricey yet!

Edited by billymagg

On 4/26/2020 at 12:24 AM, Sharpshooter said:

I feel your pain, I was hauled all over the place, but the two best years wear at LRAFB, as an Air Force Brat. I mowed all the little young Lieutenant's and Captain's yards, edged sidewalks and trimmed hedges, and bought a 1970 Kawasaki 90 SS which I was able to ride all over hell and back as a motor driven cycle at age14... my neighbor was an Air Force Captain, and yes I mowed his yard.....

Every morning, (it seemed) at 0400 he would fire up his Nassau Blue 1965 425 HP 396 cubic inch Corvette Stingray, it rattled the windows. He stepped in a hole playing Frisbee, and was unable to drive the Vette and his Toyota Corolla needed a clutch.. well I also had a "learners permit", so I was conscripted to drive him to town in his Vette, an adventure for us both, for different reasons! LOL

I missed Arkansas, there were lots of cute young ladies there, then we moved back to the farm in Tennessee.... oh well??

On 4/25/2020 at 9:42 PM, billymagg said:

Well, 21 hours and 49 minutes the man says, also tells me that I'm losing, current bid is 2400..... 47 bids, I do have one with a scope offered at 3 Grand, it already has a Leopold and factory mounts, but it has a collapsable stock, I'm trying to stay away from that as comrade premier is a real gun grabber, and anything else thats not tied down!

I do like the Aero, but that Wilson receiver is just so, so,, well sexy dammit!

Well Dang IT! I was with 25 bucks of the winning bid, auction was ending at 8:30, I was at the farm shooting, so at 7:39 PM Central Daylight Savings time, I pulled out the phone to check my status and up the ante if need be... Gun Joker said you did NOT win this Auction,,,, it seems they operate on Central Standard or Eastern Daylight?? anyway, I was pissed..... my back up rifle is another 300 bucks??? so I don't know, on the other hand I see a few real AR-10's, so I've got options.