• Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Greetings From a Hoosier in Central FL

Pruett1775

5 hours ago, Pruett1775 said:

Thank you in advance for the wealth of knowledge I am sure to find on here. I am a beginner but don't worry I won't ask a question without first "searching" the Hell out of it. USMC CH47e Crew Chief OIF

They let you guys fly those?  I thought you were all restricted to the ShortBus CH-46s...  :banana:

Welcome aboard, man.  :thumbup:

2 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

Yeah, you gotta love anyone who relies on auto-rotators to get their asses back on the ground in something resembling one piece.

Helicopters are a flying-anomoly.  The twin-rotors are worse - they're a flying contradiction.  All of them really cannot FLY - they just beat the air into submission, and get off the ground and float around. I love pilots, too - just get this fucker off the ground, Chief, then slow down a little and let me out. Anyone can take off, but landings are nothing more than controlled crashes.  You just get this big bitch off the ground, and let me out somewhere up there - I'll control my own landing...  :thumbup:

I've seen a Surface to Air Recovery System in operation. Once. I thought it was the coolest way to get off the ground I'd ever seen. I also thought I'd have to have somebody trying to shoot my a$$ before I'd do it. Neat! Not on the same theme as C47s, but, you know, cool shiit is cool shiit. :cool:

50 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

I've seen a Surface to Air Recovery System in operation. Once. I thought it was the coolest way to get off the ground I'd ever seen. I also thought I'd have to have somebody trying to shoot my a$$ before I'd do it. Neat! Not on the same theme as C47s, but, you know, cool shiit is cool shiit. :cool:

Fulton Recovery System.  I trained at Hurlburt Field in 1995, and they briefed us on the history of it.  Hadn't been a live recovery since 1982.  I was BEGGING to be that new guy...  :banana:

Edited by 98Z5V