98Z5V

• Replies 581
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On 8/22/2020 at 8:35 PM, Armed Eye Doc said:

@Rsquared you still looking for Mk12 Mod 0?  Maybe not original but it "creates the look of the original mark 12 Mod 0 rifle."

https://www.dvor.com/precision-reflex-gen-ii-mark-12-mod-0-retro-carbon-fiber-rifle-length-forearm.html?promotion=handguards-and-forends-55-2020-08-20

That is a real PRI Gen II rail - and it needs a different top rail, in order to make a Mk12.  Pri still has the Gen II top rails, though.  Same price as the Gen III stuff.

The PRI Gen III stuff is an improvement over the Gen II parts, FWIW.  Technology and advancements,  and all.  If that rail can save money, it's worth it, if you're going all the way, in the long run. Otherwise, the Gen III stuff is (hardware) mo' bettah.  Just my $0.02 on it all. 

Shot850 yards last Sunday, 16 Aug.  7.1 mils of drop at 850 yards.  Unreal.  More details coming. I've been sidetracked by my truck being stolen sometime between the evening of 17 Aug and morning of 18 Aug. Recovered today, by the Local PD knock on my door.

Been dealing with some shiit.  I have 99 problems, but 6 ARC ain't one of them.  It's fucking STELLAR.   Thus far, it's smoking 6.5 Grendel, by leaps and bounds - which smoked my .308s, and everything else.  It's all that, that they said it was, and it's much, much more...  The 6ARC is the real deal, and I don't toss that about lightly...

7 hours ago, Radioactive said:

Sorry to hear bout your truck. Any ideas as to who? No guns in there I hope. 
7.1 outstanding. What does the grendel need?

My 18" Grendel SPR is 8.4 mils of drop at 850 yards.

No guns in the truck - I never leave firearms in a vehicle.  It ended up on an indian res. 

5 hours ago, 98Z5V said:

My 18" Grendel SPR is 8.4 mils of drop at 850 yards.

No guns in the truck - I never leave firearms in a vehicle.  It ended up on an indian res. 

That’s like 84% of the drop @ 850 yds. That’s a rather large improvement.

whew - bad enough the truck would have been way worse with guns in it. I have a friend that has guns in his truck at all times. I keep telling him it’s a matter of time before someone else has a couple of new guns especially when his vehicle screams southern redneck gun nut.

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Radioactive said:

Found it 6/11 gettin close to 3 months. I’m excited for you. That LaRue stuff is drop dead sexy!

6/11 was my lower, and I was gonna wait and take my time with this gun.  I said Screw It, and ordered everything else on 6/17.  :laffs:

9/17 will be 3 months, and the CS Guy is getting a phonecall.  I don't care if it's ready - but he should have an update for me by then?...   :popcorn:

I'd show you guys the stellar performance of this thing on the steel at 500 and 850 - but all 4 IPSC steel targets were stolen from the truck, the $750 Reese Trunion hitch was stolen, the (bolted through the bed rails) toolbox was stolen, as with all it's contents, the cab was cleaned out (lots of IPSC cardboard targets in there), all tools that were inside the cab were stolen, 10 brand new VS-17 panels were stolen, everything under the seats was stolen - but they didn't touch the glovebox or center console, or any paperwork inside those two...  Had a pair of mil-issue desert boots in there - they took the left one, threw the right one in the bed...

So, I'm looking for someone that only has a left foot, 10.5 Regular?...  

Edited by 98Z5V

Sorry for your loss buddy.  That's heavy duty anger and sorrow.  If you want a 7.62 Nato 12.5"  barrel let me know.  No charge.  It's new,  I bought so much stuff hanging out with you guys I have an ample supply and theoretically I could open a surplus site.  Not really but 'what the hay'.   I'll throw in a 556 as well.  Just say yes,  maybe that should be our second amendment slogan,  " Just say Yes " to guns.  Consider it some payback for all the good you do here.  I tried to support this site through what I consider meager things like using the banner from Brownells and others.  I don't like doing meager.  Go big or go home works for me.  Helping you out helps us all out.  Just say Yes.

Edited by RedRiverII

I had a different post I deleted once I reread your post.  I may have deleted your address from old mail.  Would you be kind enough to PM it once more.  Let me just say this,  my above post is gentleman speak (Orwellian).  That's when I try my best to be a part of a community and add genuine stock to the corral.  It is a payback.  I told you before you could be paid for your advice and yet you continue to give it away,  no charge.  Anyway I'll stop before you think I'm posturing for a pant's down hug.

Oh, you're getting a Pant's Down Hug anyway...   Just wait for it, and don't try to brace yourself.  Once it's happening, and you recognize what's going down,  just let it go, and roll with it.  If you stiffen up before impact, it's only gonna hurt worse...   :banana::lmao:

18 minutes ago, RedRiverII said:

Jail house wisdom.  I'm going the suicide route before that,  too old for the butt punch.  I'll ship tomorrow.

It's never a butt punch - it's full-frontal, and you'll for sure see it coming, right at you...   It's face-to-face here, the only way...  :thumbup::banana: