98Z5V

• Replies 581
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Armed Eye Doc said:

You should do a how-to video of Cerakoting  a rifle. That looks awesome. 

Too stressful - running around everywhere, spraying - running parts from the oven to the spray rack - from the spray rack to the oven, balancing everything out...  I need a HUGE wall-sized oven, and a compressor that's at least 45 gallons instead of 15 gallons...   The "Soak in Acetone," then the bake-out/gas-out, to make sure all the parts are completely cleaned - which comes before the paint even starts...   It's a pretty crazy process, at least in my house/my mind...  :laffs:

@392heminut's desert tiger stripe on his truck gun is one of the better things I've ever done, and the "dirt distressed look" on my 18" Light(er) Grendel was a close runner up.  THis shiit is fun  - but I don't know if I could make a video of it. 

Maybe we paint a gun when all you guys are over, and YOU guys film it - and splice all that crazy shiit together...  :thumbup::lmao:

This was a mix of 2 parts Patriot Brown, 1 part FDE and 1 part Burnt Bronze.  I casually refer to it as "SHiit Brown," but the real name I think it needs is...

"SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!..."   :banana:

Edited by 98Z5V

2 hours ago, Rsquared said:

Damn brother. That looks sweet. I may need you to do something like that to my MK12.

I honestly think that you need some of this SEXUAL CHOCOLATE in your life, brother.  I really do.   :thumbup:

It's a full-day affair, to tear the gun down, soak it in acetone, rack all the parts, gas it out, cool it, paint it, bake it again, get it back together...   So plan an extra day for the Fall Shoot and I'll fuckin' DO IT!  Cost is Free-Fiddy Free, but your ass better show up early.

Edited by 98Z5V

10 hours ago, 98Z5V said:

@392heminut's desert tiger stripe on his truck gun is one of the better things I've ever done,

That gun came out amazing!:thumbup:

9 hours ago, 98Z5V said:

Cost is Free-Fiddy Free, but your ass better show up early.

Tom has never charged me for a Cerakote job (he's done a few for me) but I try to throw some Cerakote his way when he is running low.