• Replies 581
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

12 hours ago, unforgiven said:

You got a plan brother 👍

Damn right.  A plan to kick alot of ass out there.  :thumbup:  I have a pic-rail GoPro mount.  I need to get a new battery for my GoPro, and I'll get vid, if I get those batts beforehand.   :banana:

9 hours ago, edgecrusher said:

I did this too, only smaller, with a QB card holder for plays

That's EXACTLY what got me going down this route, brother.  I found this one from Raine, and snatched it up quick.  

14 hours ago, DNP said:

Go in with full face paint...just for fun. 

You have to have all your gear on you, and transport it yourself stage-to-stage, so I'll just load everything in the chest rig (that I take up on the hill) that I need, and wear that thing.  That might trip some of the "backpack people" out...  :thumbup::lmao:

My plan was my LaRue hat, shades, wear a pair of tan Duluth Trading Company Firehose Work Pants, some Salomon boots - and a neon yellow long-sleeve contractor t-shirt...   :laffs:

IMG_0393.thumb.JPG.fba6ab78cb36d2627e504a1dbf4ea391.JPG

On 5/10/2021 at 10:59 PM, 98Z5V said:

You have to have all your gear on you, and transport it yourself stage-to-stage, so I'll just load everything in the chest rig (that I take up on the hill) that I need, and wear that thing.  That might trip some of the "backpack people" out...  :thumbup::lmao:

My plan was my LaRue hat, shades, wear a pair of tan Duluth Trading Company Firehose Work Pants, some Salomon boots - and a neon yellow long-sleeve contractor t-shirt...   :laffs:

IMG_0393.thumb.JPG.fba6ab78cb36d2627e504a1dbf4ea391.JPG

Hey! I know that chair. I may have slept in it once or twice. :laffs:

On 5/3/2021 at 2:44 PM, DNP said:

I hope that was said with a smile, mine was. I think you get credit for the wildest color on a gun here to date. My concern is that your response was very short and to the point. If I struck a nerve, I am truly sorry. 

LMAO .... Cerrekote oven works !

Match was changed because of Memorial Day weekend.  Will be this Saturday, 22 May.  Registration opened on Monday this week, and I signed right up.  Me, @JBMatt and DirtBike Tommy are all in the same squad.  If nobody likes shiit-talking - then we'll just all shiit-talk each other the whole time...  The others will eventually catch on, and get with the program...   :banana:

Here's this month's stage info breakdown...  Disappointed to NOT see that 710 make an appearance this time.  BUT, they're timing the first stage - in case of a tie-breaker at the end.  Guess there have been some dudes that were close at the finish, before - they time that one, and it breaks any tied scores at the end, based on overall time on that one stage.  I LIKE IT!!!...  :laffs:

5-22-21 Stage 1.pdf 5-22-21 Stage 2.pdf 5-22-21 Stage 3.pdf 5-22-21 Stage 4.pdf 5-22-21 Stage 5.pdf

I was SHOCKED to see that there are only 4 dudes signed up for Heavy Metal - the Large Frame ARs.  FLOORED!  I'll be watching that very closely, to see what's going on there, and I think the .260 Rem will be going out there for the June match.  I mentioned that to @JBMatt, and his response was simple...  "If you're taking the .260, then I'm taking the Creedmoor..."   Saturday will tell, and we'll see what's up with the results - but we might spice that Heavy Metal class up a little bit in June.  Or die trying.  :lmao:

It was WILD, man. I'm not kidding. I'm STILL trying to get my shiit together, over it all.  I kicked my OWN ass, and was NOT ready for something like this. I'll explain more later, but this was a RUSH... 

22 hours ago, DNP said:

Thank goodness the 710 yard target wasn’t on the list. 

I hit the long targets.  Time was the factor.  And the shooting positions - these were a HUGE challenge.  And a QD socket on the front of the rail, that wouldn't keep the sling attached.  That's going in the trash, and getting replaced with a MagPul QD socket, most fast.  I could have turned some of these shooting positions into something - but couldn't sling up tight.  I timed out on 4 of 5 stages, and only cleaned one stage completely.  Got some magazine issues, too, with that ARC (and good Grendel mags), and I've got a fix in my mind, and I'll implement it. 

I'll get details up tonight, and pics.  It was an absolute RIOT out there, and I'll hit every one I can from now on.  :banana:

23 minutes ago, DNP said:

Well, I hope the trash talking was good at least. You guys make some new friends?

There was not much trash talk - no kidding.  We were in a squad of REALLY COOL DUDES.  WAY cool.  I was asking Matt and Tommy about all that, shooters giving each other shiit out there, and they said "Hell Yeah!  Much talk!".   There really wasn't.  Made many new friends, and we'll try to get signed up with most of them for future shoots. 

There was a very large chunk of these "competitors" out there that are active PRS guys.  Bolt guns, and speed.  They only come to this match to get their speed up at distance, and not have to run a bolt - and DAMN!  Were there some FASTASS shooters, on these targets!  It was impressive.  As FUK. 

I finished in the bottom 1/4 of the whole group.  Matt finished in the top half, by a fair margin.  I'll solve my issues, and do better on the next one, for sure.  Speed was a big issue, because you're trying to find 4 or 5 pieces of steel - in a valley with probably 60 or 70 pieces of steel all stacked up in it.  All the steel is painted, per stage, but after the first stage, all that paint is blown off the smaller targets.  It was a real eye-opener.  I planned well, and just timed out. Ironically, the only stage that I cleaned all 9 targets on was the Timed Tie-Breaker Stage...   :bitchslap::laffs:

Edited by 98Z5V

27 minutes ago, DNP said:

I feel like I’m missing out. 

I'll screen-shot it for you...  

You smart-phone guys should have all this figured out...   :laffs:

2114063323_MattandTommy.png.59ad47ffdfb6e74c794eb1f82b8b1f2f.png

Edited by 98Z5V

10 hours ago, 98Z5V said:

I'll screen-shot it for you...  

You smart-phone guys should have all this figured out...   :laffs:

2114063323_MattandTommy.png.59ad47ffdfb6e74c794eb1f82b8b1f2f.png

I’m just curious how you even got that...did you have to drive over to his place, snap a pic, wait at the one hour photo shop and then scan it to the hard drive?