98's 6mm ARC

98Z5V

• Replies 581
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think he did....take the bike to work today so you could haul ass across town, snap a pic, post up and then haul ass back?  

you keep up painting like that and we’re going to have to start charging for your work. 

10 hours ago, DNP said:

What the hell?  Did you run home at lunch so you could snap a pic?

No way, man - Doc nailed it.  Set TactiCat up with his own line.  :laffs:

10 hours ago, Armed Eye Doc said:

Tacticat has a better phone than he does.  He took a picture and sent it to his email. :lmao:

No, I got the pics before leaving FOR work.  Just didn't have time until lunch to log in and put them in here... 

Edited by 98Z5V

:banana:

That's my Custom Cerakote mix for "Sexual Chocolate" as the entire basecoat.  Then, tape everything back up again, put on the stencils, hang it, and selectively zap it with Krylon Camo paints, the Khaki and Olive Drab.  For real.   :thumbup:

If the Krylon ever wears through, it'll still be Cerakote Sexual Chocolate underneath...  

I almost left it like this  - but I'm glad I just said "FUK IT!!!   STRIPE IT!!!"

Image preview

I think the 12.5" 6 ARC will get the Sexual Chocolate treatment, and I'll leave it like that.

Edited by 98Z5V

Last Saturday of every month, there's an "Accurized AR" Match at Cowtown, here in AZ.  This little hooker is going out there on Saturday, 29 May, and giving it a run.  :thumbup:

IMG_0354.JPG.c820ce5307a3efa5d28632d1fa552e6e.JPG

I've got until then to get my "final handload" all sorted out, so I'll go out this Sunday and run this thing for the first time since paint.  Re-run the scope zero, re-run all the chrono data, and re-run the dope charts for it.

Here's the deal on the match.  It'll be me, @JBMatt, DirtBike Tommy, and Tommy's buddy, Dave. Scroll down to the "Accurized AR Match" to see their description, in the link below:

Here's the email that DirtBike Tommy received - he and Matt went up there and checked it out last Saturday.

Subject: Fwd: CowTown AR Accurized match - Stages / Match info

---------- Forwarded message ---------
Date: Fri, Apr 23, 2021, 5:53 PM
Subject: CowTown AR Accurized match - Stages / Match info
To:

Attached you will find the stages and all the latest information for tomorrow's match.

9AM START TIME AGAIN THIS MONTH !!!!

Match Check-In will be held near the stages starting at 8:30 am

Match will start promptly at 9am.

Volunteers from each squad should arrive earlier so they are ready to obtain the specific stage brief from Tony to be sure the target locations are clear for each squad.

Please remember to take the TIMER and the SCORING DEVICE with you

THEY STAY WITH THE SQUAD.

This month’s round count is 44 rounds. Make all your shots count !!!

No squad changes at the match….

So,  if something needs to be fixed, let me know ASAP

Here's how the stages were laid out on 24 April - we have no idea if they'll be the same for the 29 May shoot, but it won't be too far off this, if it's different. You'll have to click these and open them all up.

4-24-21 Stage 1.pdf 4-24-21 Stage 2.pdf 4-24-21 Stage 3.pdf 4-24-21 Stage 4.pdf 4-24-21 Stage 5.pdf

The scoring and results are broken down into small-frame AR and large-frame AR.  So, everything that fits into an AR15, and everything else that fits into a .308AR.  I asked Matt today if I can double-class, take the 6 ARC AND the .260 Rem - he didn't know.  So, I'll take the .260 with me, just in case, and double-class if they let me.  If not, oh well.  I'll shoot the 6 ARC, and check the results of the large-frame class afterwards, and take the .260 the next one...  :laffs:

Since they just observed last Saturday, we didn't know what the actual competitors were doing.  Talk amongst them, talk amongst the other squads at other stations, etc.

After shooting on 29 May, we'll know EXACTLY how much shiit we can talk at the next one...   :lmao:   And we will BRING the shiit-talking!...  :banana:

8 minutes ago, Belt Fed said:

That looks really nice, you done a great job on it.

We're gonna see if it's "lipstick on a Pig" if this bitch don't shoot!...  :lmao::bitchslap:

Just kidding - I KNOW it shoots, and maaaaan...  does it shoot!  It's gonna be fun to take this thing out and run it in a match.  I asked for 29 May off today at work, and got it, so this WILL happen.  :banana:

Smallest plate was a 10" at 200 yards - that's 5 MOA at 200 yards, that's a joke.  Largest plate was 18" wide at 710 yards.  Sheeeiiit   :laffs: - we do that all the time!  We're running an 18" wide plate at a mile!  850 yards is the "standard" to start some long-range shooting here, with this crew.  It'll be interesting, but maybe I'm already letting my Bulldog Mouth run my Canary Ass, a full month out!...   :thumbup:

11 hours ago, 392heminut said:

That looks like fun! I might have to come over and try it sometime! They have some really interesting matches listed on the site.

But they're all on different days - so you might have to stay over here for a week or two.  I'm just sayin'...   :lmao:

I'm alright with that - room and board is covered already, brother.  

This match that I'm jumping into looks INCREDIBLY COOL.  Matt and Tommy both said that it's badass, from what they saw when they checked it out.  I hope it's great, and I hope the guys there are great - because there's an IMMENSE LEVEL of shiit-talking that could be performed at something like this...  :laffs:

Once you get in someone's head - you just beat them.  Even if they're better than you - you can fuk them up.   :bat::thumbup:

I can't WAIT to see what this match is like, and shoot it- and do some psychological recon...   the match in June, all shiit-talking-hell breaks loose...   :banana:

Edited by 98Z5V

20 hours ago, shooterrex said:

Shoot the first one. THEN go back and kick their a$$ w/6arc pistol.

That's already on my mind, brother, believe me!   :laffs:

In the next couple weeks, it'll get some Sexual Chocolate treatment, just in case.  

10 hours ago, DNP said:

I’m curious to see how this plays out. 

Talked to Tommy today, and he said it was a blast to watch those guys - and there was already some massive shiit-talking going on amongst them  Big plus - we'll fit right in.  :lmao:

The dude that won the small-frame class was shooting a .224 Valk, and he missed a couple 710-yards shots before he hit it.  Hmmm...   That thing is no match for a 6 ARC gun.  We already know this here, very personally...   :banana:

Me and Tommy are going out on Sunday and tuning up some distance targets, checking muzzle velocities, and checking handloads.  Get ready early, do the best you can, and talk shiit no matter how it all shakes out...   :hail:

Edited by 98Z5V

5 hours ago, MikedaddyH said:

F U !

I hope that was said with a smile, mine was. I think you get credit for the wildest color on a gun here to date. My concern is that your response was very short and to the point. If I struck a nerve, I am truly sorry. 

6 hours ago, DNP said:

I hope that was said with a smile, mine was. I think you get credit for the wildest color on a gun here to date. My concern is that your response was very short and to the point. If I struck a nerve, I am truly sorry. 

He'll get back at you, and paint your rifle gold, when you're distracted at the fire...   :hornet::bat::banana:

On 4/28/2021 at 8:47 PM, 98Z5V said:

Me and Tommy are going out on Sunday and tuning up some distance targets, checking muzzle velocities, and checking handloads.  Get ready early, do the best you can, and talk shiit no matter how it all shakes out...   :hail:

Did that last weekend, got new data, used new data, finalized dope charts, and came up with this.  Range Cards, per stage.  I'm ready to Rape, Pillage, Plunder in 3 weeks.

IMG_0390.thumb.JPG.9c32b8f845daf25181fc5f9f717af460.JPG

IMG_0392.thumb.JPG.e0ad3b534b5317ae00b20a2c1737d3c5.JPG