• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

98's 6mm ARC

98Z5V

Worst summer we've had here in AZ for alot of years, brothers.  Record high number of days over 110 - broke that number last week, and we have a full week of "around 115*" all this week.  ZERO Monsoon rains in sight, to chill this shiit down a little.  It's just a shiitty summer here.

Bottom line - you don't stop doing things that you like to do, and you don't let weather affect you.  Deal with it, but be smart about it.  I'm not just an "it's always hot..." guy.  In a past life, I lived a week in a snow cave in Alaska, at -50* (that's MINUS FIFTY DEGREES)...  ...and that sucked, too.  When you have a good cold sump in there, and the candles can get it up to 38* or 39* in there, it's like heaven - inside. I've jumped into a Drop Zone at -20*, and that's ambient air temp - not with the wind chill of a C-141 flying 130 knots, before you get out of that fucker...   :embarrassed: 

There's a reason that I live in a hot-ass place now, by my own choice...  

Be an extreme person.  Learn how to deal with extreme shiit.  It just makes you a better person, overall. 

Or, it means you're just stupid, for subjecting yourself to that kind of bullshiit in the first place...   :lmao:  If you've done it, and you're still here - you have some BITCHIN' stories to tell about it.  No matter how dumb you were at the time...   :laffs:

My coming week is bullshiit...

1683532762_WeekofHeat-Suck.thumb.png.9c271130d940550c9c1916e9b4450280.png

Bright side x2 here - it's not gonna be 118* like it was a few weeks ago - and that SUCKED...   and - I'm gonna get some badass hot-weather data for me guns, with MV numbers, that I wouldn't be able to replicate until this time next year. 

Gotta look at the "bright side" of how much something sucks, and you'll always be alright...  :hail:

Edited by 98Z5V

• Replies 581
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

For some reason, I missed tomorrow and Friday in that crop that I did - and it started with Saturday...  

Thursday and Friday are gonna suck, too...  :laffs:  The only thing that would make it better, is if it sucked MORE!!!...   :banana:

Sssshhhhhh!!!  Shuddup already, dummasss!...    :bitchslap:

376960944_WeekofHeatmissed.thumb.png.477114505a2a30e6ed2c8c6ce75d60ef.png

Edited by 98Z5V

17 minutes ago, Rsquared said:

And THIS is why you're trying to talk me into moving to Skull Valley as your neighbor.

Besides the fact that "Skull Valley" is a bad ass address to have people send you $hit. :lmao:

Hell fuckin YEAH, brother.  Here's the highs/lows for Skull Valley for the same timeframe.  Yeah, I get it, AZ is hot in the summer - but this is MUCH better...

And motherfuckers have to address the bills that they send to you to RON@ SKULL VALLEY, AZ...   :hail:  When you call in to complain about a bill - bet they FUCKIN' LISTEN!... 

Skull Valley Weather, my brother:

1323853763_SkullValleyHeat.thumb.png.d75aa436689c4c1014581543c735c762.png

^^^  THAT is a "Dry-Heat" that's actually bearable, right there.  That's easy-street...

Edited by 98Z5V

9 minutes ago, dpete said:

Sounds like you are coming up with a winner there for a rifle!  But let me ask you this.....can it punch a 3/8" diameter hole in paper with just one bullet?   :thumbup:   :banana:

I don't know, brother - we'll put the paper up at 850, and see how many different sized hole we can recover from it...  and what they look like, sizewise...   :box1::banana:

I think this thing is a winner.  I'm skeered to admit that I think it might be that Magic Unicorn...   the Grendel Killer.  Initial drop test at 500 has the 18" Grendel a 3.4 mils (which is incredible), and the 18" 6 ARC at 2.6 mils.  That is the exact reason (and shock), that it MUST go 850 this weekend.  And it will. 

I's a pretty crazy projectile and load, from my very minor testing of it thus far. It's pretty badass.  I don't throw that out there lightly, especially when I'm talking about my Grendels.  I have some BAD Grendels. 

Edited by 98Z5V

18 minutes ago, 98Z5V said:

@Rsquared - if you move to Skull Valley with me, then we'll actually be about 30 mins from Gunsite Academy.  THAT is our retirement job, brother - working at Gunsite.  :thumbup:

I've always had Wyoming on my radar as the place to finally escape to once I punch out of the DC area. But you definitely make it sound tempting brother.

And I'd even "like" my neighbor for once. :thefinger:

37 minutes ago, Rsquared said:

And THIS is why you're trying to talk me into moving to Skull Valley as your neighbor.

I have a retirement plan for us that you're not seeing yet.  Or, not realizing yet.  We're "working" at Gunsite - "RETIRED," of course!  We find a niche there... because we're NOT MainStream bastards - we're Niche Motherfuckers....  and we're done. We do what we want, but play with rifles, when we want - on Gunsite grounds.

Here's our drive-route from home-to-work, brother.  It's pretty simple - for what we have to do.  This is almost like a vacation, homie.

We're 45 minutes from work - when we want to work, brother...  I'm just sayin'... :thumbup:

They below "map" is posted at speed limits. Nobody in AZ drives the speedlimits...

498099270_RonPlan.png.04cdd9bf5645716a4ea5b852df2574e7.png

4 minutes ago, 98Z5V said:

You need to get kicked out of the nest, that you were born in. 

You’re kicking me out of the nest? You can’t do that damn it! I’m a millennial. We live at home so long, eventually we make our parents leave their own house just to get away :lmao:. Somewhere right now, some hipster prick is explaining to his parents why he deserves the master bedroom :laffs:. God damn I hate millennials, why couldn’t I have been born a few years earlier. 

As for Ronda and the desert heat, he’ll come around eventually. Someday he’ll see the beauty of dry heat. I could actually deal with the heat of AZ, but what I don’t like, the critters that tend to be around when it never gets truly cold. At least here in Reno, we don’t get all the rattlers and scorpions and whatever other scary ass spiders you guys have down there. I’m no fan of winter, but it does even out the pest population. Now if only it could even out some of the human pests...

Oh, and I promise I won’t hijack your build thread anymore :laffs:. Just waiting on my barrel now, then I can finally get my POS together. I’ll make that a new thread when it happens :thumbup:

DAMN!  Butthurt!!! You guys wanna talk about what you found out with your 6 ARC? 

Start a fucking thread about it - where ever you think it's pertinent.  My Gun Build Thread - about the gun I'm BUILDING - isn't that pertinent place.  You figure it out, and plant it where you need to plant it...  :popcorn:

I'll be honest, and I'll be brutal - whatever YOUR gun is doing doesn't have a SINGLE THING to dowith what MY GUN is doing.  Hate to be a dick - not really - but in MY build thread...  I deal with MY problems.  I don't deal with YOUR build problems, in MY Gun-Build Thread.

Because - I didn't BUILD YOUR GUN.

Start a new thread, 6 ARC guys...  for your OWN shiit. :thumbup:

On 8/14/2020 at 12:30 AM, DayWalker said:

You’re kicking me out of the nest?

Yes.  Kinda. I feel guilty about you, so I'm changing my mind - you DID THIS to me.

FUK!!!  (yelled at myself).  You're safe brother - John, you're good, brother.

56 minutes ago, Rsquared said:

I've always had Wyoming on my radar as the place to finally escape to once I punch out of the DC area. But you definitely make it sound tempting brother.

And I'd even "like" my neighbor for once. :thefinger:

You price shiit in Wyoming?  That place is getting crazy stupid expensive. Aim lower. A couple states lower. 

And quit yer bitchin about the build thread. So we’re all bullshitting in your garage.  What’s so new about that?  Maybe we start a new locked thread for the build and rename this one “6ARC and a bunch of random schitt”

32 minutes ago, 98Z5V said:

I mean, there's like 3 other guys in here talking about their OWN 6 ARC gun, I'm hi-jacking Ron from his retirement, positively transplanting him into a High Plains desert environ, that he tried to run from. I'm busy here in this thread, in telling about my OWN GUN, and trying to fuk Ron over for life, in a life-changing mode - and you fuckers are too lazy to talk about your OWN GUNS.  I'm here working RON...  So you motherfuckers NEED TO GO.  Find your own space.  Talk your OWN merit.  You cocksuckers are kicked out of the nest - hope you can flap hard enough to FLY!!!  Because that's...  LIFE. :embarrassed:

Brother. I think that you have me sold. You and I can do some SERIOUS fuked up $hit together. In a, friendly, outspoken way.

I think............that Skull Valley just may have my name written all over it.

We need to start "scoping" out an area sooner rather than later. We ain't getting any younger ya know.

IF ANYONE HAS GENERAL QUESTIONS ABOUT 6 ARC, THAT I MAY HAVE ALREADY FOUND ABOUT, BY SHOOTING IT - I WELCOME YOUR GENERAL QUESTIONS, IN THIS THREAD, AS IT PERTAINS TO THE SPECIFIC GUN THAT I BUILT.

IF YOU WANNA TALK ABOUT YOUR 6 ARC BUILD - THEN YOU GO, GIRL - AND START YOUR OWN THREAD ABOUT IT.  MY BUILD THREAD DOESN'T HAVE A SINGLE THING TO DO WITH YOUR BUILD THREAD - YOU DO YOU - BUT YOU DO IT IN ANOTHER PLACE, THAT ISN'T HERE. 

STAND ON YOUR OWN MERITS - BUT YOU WON'T POST YOUR BUILD, AND YOUR CRAP - IN MY BUILD THREAD.

I HOPE THAT'S PRETTY CLEAR.

Burn it down brother. I love it. That's the only way to shed the ashes from it.

Now.....you fukin with me about Skull Valley? I think that we've sealed the deal.

I"M IN!

I'll start searching out realtors after I pay my property taxes here in the peoples republic of Maryland (end of September).

20 minutes ago, Rsquared said:

Burn it down brother. I love it. That's the only way to shed the ashes from it.

Now.....you fukin with me about Skull Valley? I think that we've sealed the deal.

I"M IN!

I'll start searching out realtors after I pay my property taxes here in the peoples republic of Maryland (end of September).

That's a Legit Side-Casualty to this thread, and it's still legit - because I started it in my own build thread.  I DID mention that this thread was about MY BUILD, right, and not everyone else's 6 ARC that they dreamt up...  MY GUN...

Anyway - Skull Valley  -  That's my getaway plan.  1/2 my house will be IN a hill, not for bunker-purposes, but for temp-control. If I'm IN the ground, it's cooler.

The bunker-purposes are just a bonus.  :thumbup:

I LIKE the tunnel-plan, brother.  All the way.  :hail:

Edited by 98Z5V

Lee Factory Crimp Die for 6ARC showed up early - supposed to be Monday, but came in today, 3 days early.  They completely changed this die, from previous patterns, and maybe they're changing them all. Time will tell.  The crimp portion is free-floating inside the die body now, and the lock collar is a sweet billet aluminum piece - still with the locking o-ring, too. Looks nice. 

I could theoretically load up my first 50 pieces of brass from last weekend, and shoot handloads this Sunday - but I don't think I'm gonna push it.  I'll grab 850 drop-data this Sunday, with the 150 remaining factory-loaded rounds I have, get out before the heat gets serious, and shoot some initial AA2520 reloads next weekend.  :thumbup:

Lee made some great changes on this one - I hope they do it on all of them.  I won't replace what I have, but the new stuff is nice... 

P1080831.thumb.JPG.4f4499a9ee93a5b4d5604117de67cfd8.JPG

Edited by 98Z5V

This Lee Factory Crimp die is still listed as "backordered", but they put a new availability date on it- today was the day, Aug 14th...  Now, they're saying it's gonna be available Aug 31st... This info just changed today, on their website. 

Just go ahead and order one.  It's right here in my hand, now.  Here's the newest info on it, on their website:

https://leeprecision.com/factory-crimp-die-6mm-arc.html

Maybe I "backordered" the only experimental one that they had, in existence?...   :lmao:

@DayWalker needs to order one, just to find out...   :laffs:

Edited by 98Z5V

On 8/13/2020 at 10:39 PM, 98Z5V said:

I don't know, brother - we'll put the paper up at 850, and see how many different sized hole we can recover from it...  and what they look like, sizewise...   :box1::banana:

I think this thing is a winner.  I'm skeered to admit that I think it might be that Magic Unicorn...   the Grendel Killer.  Initial drop test at 500 has the 18" Grendel a 3.4 mils (which is incredible), and the 18" 6 ARC at 2.6 mils.  That is the exact reason (and shock), that it MUST go 850 this weekend.  And it will. 

I's a pretty crazy projectile and load, from my very minor testing of it thus far. It's pretty badass.  I don't throw that out there lightly, especially when I'm talking about my Grendels.  I have some BAD Grendels. 

But how does the energy compare between the two? 

and grendel still has one thing going for itself; wolf makes steel cases ammo for it really cheap. Don’t judge, I don’t make a lot of money. Lol

On 7/27/2020 at 12:15 AM, Rsquared said:

PRI stuff isn't exactly cheap. BUT, those are the parts that were spec'd for the MK12.

@Rsquared you still looking for Mk12 Mod 0?  Maybe not original but it "creates the look of the original mark 12 Mod 0 rifle."

https://www.dvor.com/precision-reflex-gen-ii-mark-12-mod-0-retro-carbon-fiber-rifle-length-forearm.html?promotion=handguards-and-forends-55-2020-08-20