• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

New from North Carolina (Triad Area)

PoolShark84

First off, I'm about 36 years too late to the firearms party, but better late than never, right! 

I've worked in the Tool and Die industry for 17 years and sadly never got into guns until 2016..... Imagine that! Haha. I've since accumulated a nice stash of Mid to High(er) tier weaponry (DDx2), FN, Colt, M&P and some oddball EDC stuff. I'm ready to start some of my own builds, especially seeing as I have endless tooling at my disposal; from Wire EDM to Surface Grinders. Can't wait to dive into this costly black hole! 

Also, thanks to everyone for the info you all have compiled. Very impressive! 

25 minutes ago, PoolShark84 said:

First off, I'm about 36 years too late to the firearms party, but better late than never, right! 

I've worked in the Tool and Die industry for 17 years and sadly never got into guns until 2016..... Imagine that! Haha. I've since accumulated a nice stash of Mid to High(er) tier weaponry (DDx2), FN, Colt, M&P and some oddball EDC stuff. I'm ready to start some of my own builds, especially seeing as I have endless tooling at my disposal; from Wire EDM to Surface Grinders. Can't wait to dive into this costly black hole! 

Also, thanks to everyone for the info you all have compiled. Very impressive! 

Glad to have you on board! Tool and Die Maker here from the Piedmont, in between Hickory and Charlotte. Welcome to the forum!

5 minutes ago, 98Z5V said:

Told ya, @PoolShark84 - get an Intro up.  Go shoot with this guy, if you're close.  He almost knows what he's talking about, much of the time...  :laffs:

Hahaha. I'm always up for plinking. Well, the more I see ammo cost rise, the longer I'm willing to sit on it. Don't forget, I was 33 years late to firearms. I have tons of catching up to do. 

2 minutes ago, PoolShark84 said:

Hahaha. I'm always up for plinking. Well, the more I see ammo cost rise, the longer I'm willing to sit on it. Don't forget, I was 33 years late to firearms. I have tons of catching up to do. 

Wait for the comedy to start, once he sees the comment I made about him...   :thumbup::lmao:

7 hours ago, PoolShark84 said:

Thanks! Are the 12" pistols .308?

Welcome from Iowa, via Kansas!

I have built on a few of those 12.5 inch Sig barrels as well as having the Sig P716 piston version. Hands down the DI guns are superior, lighter, better balanced, softer shooting, and half the price. My P716 is a jam-O-matic but the DI's have all ran suppressed and and standard without issue.