• Visit EuroOptic
  • Visit Site
  • Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Aero Precision Barrell Nut (can't find one anywhere)

B-Man

I am building my first AR-10. After some homework I ended up going with Aero Precision lower and upper. I just received my handguard and it is MINUS the barrell nut, which, in effect, makes it useless. Aero Precision is OUT OF STOCK for barrell nuts as is all of the vendors out there. Since the barrell nut is proprietary ( I found out) to the receiver no other barrell nut will work. Should I return the handguard and try and go with a Troy or other handguard that actually have barrell nuts in stock or am I stuck waiting until Aero produces some more? Thanks for any advice. Not fun spending $1200 on AR 10 parts only to get to the end of the build and can't finish!

Call the place it was ordered from. I’d make that step one. I have yet to buy a handguard, aside from drop ins, that did not come with a nut. If it didn’t show up with one, that’s an error for the seller to figure out. 

3 hours ago, shooterrex said:

Who made the handguard? Did you look inside the handguard for the nut? Most handguards I have bought had the nut inside the handguard where they would be w/ the handguard installed.

It's an Aero Precision M5. No barrell nut included - now I know why, they don't have any. I think I am stuck or I can return the handguard and buy one from Troy or someone else. The receiver is DPMS threaded. Thoughts?

They do not include a barrel nut because some people will put it on a receiver other than AP.  They can work with Armalite pattern receivers if you choose the correct barrel nut.  According to what I read on their site, that is an additional $20 when purchased from Aero.  If you have an M5E1, you do not need the barrel nut.

10 hours ago, B-Man said:

I am building my first AR-10. After some homework I ended up going with Aero Precision lower and upper. I just received my handguard and it is MINUS the barrell nut, which, in effect, makes it useless.

You ordered the wrong handguard.

7 hours ago, B-Man said:

It's an Aero Precision M5. No barrell nut included - now I know why, they don't have any. I think I am stuck or I can return the handguard and buy one from Troy or someone else. The receiver is DPMS threaded. Thoughts?

No, it's not because they don't have any - it's because you ordered for the M5E1 ENHANCED...   the handguard attached directly to the upper receiver on the ENHANCED upper.

There's ALWAYS an option on Aero's website for the handguards - check the block for barrel nut...   You didn't check that block.

That's WHY you received what you did.  It's not Aero's fault.

This upper right here is what you ordered your handguard for:

https://www.aeroprecisionusa.com/m5e1-enhanced-upper-receiver

Aero Precision M5E1 Enhanced Upper Receiver - Anodized Black

Now that you're done trashing Aero, you might want to realize that YOU made the mistake, and call them.  For real - call them on the phone and talk to a human - and tell them that YOU MADE A MISTAKE.  Then, beg for a barrel nut - for which you'll pay.  Handguards without a barrel nut are cheaper - when you add in the barrel nut, the price goes up.

Edited by 98Z5V

Check this out, and it's not really "fine print" - look closely at this web page:

https://www.aeroprecisionusa.com/m5-enhanced-mlok-handguards-gen2

This is directly at the bottom of the "Features" section of that web page for that handguard:

Are you attaching this handguard to a standard threaded upper receiver?
Make sure to select "Yes" under the Handguard Barrel Nut option above (shims included). Our handguards use either the DPMS/Aero or Armalite interface and do not work with a standard barrel nut. If you are using our M5E1 Enhanced Upper Receiver, no additional pieces are needed. Purchased with a handguard, the M5 Barrel Nut is $20 ($40 when sold separately).

Don't we have a rule that states: " If when ordering rifle parts and it's the wrong part we need to admit our mistake,  correct our mistake,  and then build another correct rifle for the incorrect part we ordered?"  HMM,  " Honey I did it once more.  Silly me,  I've ordered the wrong part again.  I hafta build one more rifle."  SWMBO,  "... that makes six wrong moves Joe.  When's this going to stop?"

Yep. I think that I've hollered out once or twice about "The Rule".

Though somehow.......I think that I've dodged getting hit by it, for all of this time.

Step carefully.......when navigating through minefields. :lmao: Never a bad rule to follow.

Edited by Rsquared

16 hours ago, RedRiverII said:

Don't we have a rule that states: " If when ordering

Of course we don't have a Rule about it, because it's fucking Common Sense... 

I guess Common Sense just isn't so "common" anymore.

12 minutes ago, Rsquared said:

Step carefully.......when navigating through minefields. :lmao: Never a bad rule to follow.

Wise man, that R2 is... 

I've set my own self up with The Rule here, just to test people.  Brand new part in-hand, not even announced yet, and I pitch it.  The Rule get's called swiftly...   and I just post pics of it...  Complete Shutdown on calling The Rule on me, fuckers...   :banana:

4 minutes ago, Matt.Cross said:

I think you're reading a bit too much into a light-hearted comment brother...

No, I caught it, and it was great - I just don't want some fuktard to read what he wrote, later, and try to get out of this.

Stupidity is just Stupidity.  They're not gonna come back and admit that they were stupid - they'll just disappear, never to be heard from again.  There's no Rule that we can emplace upon them - as Grand as that would be...  they just go, because they KNOW they fucked up... :bitchslap:

That dude was here to trash Aero - for his own mistake...   :laffs::lmao:  Fuckin' BACKFIRED...  :banana:

Edited by 98Z5V