• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Which Muzzle Break?

LONGSHOT

I’m building an AR10 308. I’m starting to look for a muzzle break and was looking for suggestions. I’m using a Ballistics Advantage 20” stainless fluted barrel, Areo lower and upper. I’m looking at the Ultradyne Pegasus .308 compensator and the Precision Armament .308 M11 muzzle break. Are these a good choice? Or should I look into something else.

22 minutes ago, LONGSHOT said:

I’m building an AR10 308. I’m starting to look for a muzzle break and was looking for suggestions. I’m using a Ballistics Advantage 20” stainless fluted barrel, Areo lower and upper. I’m looking at the Ultradyne Pegasus .308 compensator and the Precision Armament .308 M11 muzzle break. Are these a good choice? Or should I look into something else.

Don't ignore the offerings from VG6 - they are fantastic brakes and comps.  Look into them.  I have several, and really like them. 

3 hours ago, Rsquared said:

I'm a fan of Advanced Armament brakeout comps. They're not exactly cheap, but very effective.

I have a few BrakeOuts from them as well.  Incredibly effectlve. One day, I'll get off my ass the get the suppressor.  :bitchslap:

AAC Brakeout 2.0 51T Flash Hider Compensator 5.56 .5x 28 1003291

https://shop.advanced-armament.com/aac_en_us/brakeout-2-0-compensator.html

18 hours ago, 98Z5V said:

I have a few BrakeOuts from them as well.  Incredibly effectlve. One day, I'll get off my ass the get the suppressor.  :bitchslap:

AAC Brakeout 2.0 51T Flash Hider Compensator 5.56 .5x 28 1003291

https://shop.advanced-armament.com/aac_en_us/brakeout-2-0-compensator.html

I'm thinking of selling a couple of mine, they have been getting between $200-$300 on ebay lately, both BrakeOut and the two chamber comp! Just a year ago I was picking them up for $50-$75. I thought maybe AAC was dropping them but the gun pusher says no, just a demand issue. They do make great products :thumbup:

On 9/28/2020 at 6:08 PM, Rsquared said:

I'm a fan of Advanced Armament brakeout comps. They're not exactly cheap, but very effective.

I have 6 AAC breakouts on all my rifles as far as I am concerned they are flat out hard to beat for all around use and if you want to go the suppressor route then you are all set...

On ‎10‎/‎2‎/‎2020 at 3:47 PM, Rsquared said:

And......pretty bright when it's dark out. :lmao:

Fallshoot2019a.jpg.39265fd31676169e4e7e67e43fe5bdb2.thumb.jpg.c16d63cca4fda85221ef24cca1066f8f.jpg

Wouldn't be worth a chit for night ops.  After one round you are blind, deaf, and EVERYONE throwing rounds in your directly knows EXACTLY where you are at!.....LOL.....

Edited by Cliff R

That's you "Area Target" fuckers shooting at the 450 yard target at night - and why we have to go back out there in the middle of the night and set them back up...

Because you shot the 1" wide t-posts out - that hold the target up, by chains, and paracord...  ...shot the CHAINS out, shot the paracord out...   and didn't hit the 18"Wide x 26"Tall target.  Hit everything else that was holding the target up, but...

"Let's just go downrange and set this fucker up AGAIN..."... 

22 minutes ago, 98Z5V said:

That's you "Area Target" fuckers shooting at the 450 yard target at night - and why we have to go back out there in the middle of the night and set them back up...

Because you shot the 1" wide t-posts out - that hold the target up, by chains, and paracord...  ...shot the CHAINS out, shot the paracord out...   and didn't hit the 18"Wide x 26"Tall target.  Hit everything else that was holding the target up, but...

"Let's just go downrange and set this fucker up AGAIN..."... 

:laffs:

I remember the highly philosophical conversations we had while we set that target back up (several times), that's some statistically phenomenal shooting hitting that 1" post or 3/32" paracord at 450, meanwhile missing that big fat impervious plate....