• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

AR10 value OPINION

36 minutes ago, Sisco said:

Do I tell you now I paid $1299 for my 16” AR10 T in 2015? Of course I didn’t get that MFer of a scope like you did.

Yeah, I think I got a decent price on the combo. I'm much more at ease after the 1st outing. I was a bit paranoid that the gun or the optic could be F'ed up or something catastrophic wrong. Fortunately all is solid 👍

How's your accuracy out of the 16"?

Edited by Lonewolf McQuade

• Replies 888
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

46 minutes ago, Lonewolf McQuade said:

Yeah, I think I got a decent price on the combo. I'm much more at ease after the 1st outing. I was a bit paranoid that the gun or the optic could be F'ed up or something catastrophic wrong. Fortunately all is solid 👍

I would say very similar. I switched scopes on it a while back to a Primary Arms 1-6 which doesn’t have the best reticle for target shooting, but has other advantages, as far as BDC, target acquisition, and field use. But with my previous Burris 3x9 it was printing tight groups at 100 and 200 yards.It is more accurate then I am.

1 hour ago, Lonewolf McQuade said:

Well, last weekend, we just put a 16" LaRue 5.56 gun out to 1000 yards, on target.  If you can't do that with a 16" .308 Win AR, then you got issues...  :bitchslap:

Edited by 98Z5V

11 minutes ago, Lonewolf McQuade said:

Hell of a haul for 5.56. What weight? 77gr?

Handloaded 5.56 77gr Sierra MatchKings - because I can't make them realize that the Hornady 75gr HPBTs are slightly superior.  Decade of testing between the two, and they still don't get it. I almost swiched DirtBike Tommy, though - gave him 10 rounds to shoot...  It rocked him.  

75 or 77, through a 5.56 gun.  Don't you let ANYONE tell you that you can't drive that thing accurately to 850 or 1k yards.  You certainly can. Get that bitch to 2750fps through an 18" barrel, and that's where the magic happens.  Everytime.  DirtBike Tommy's loads were 2700fps - before suppressor - and I know that's what kicked it over the top.

Come shoot with me, you Hooker...   :thefinger:   The SDTF will leave you speechless...  :banana:

Edited by 98Z5V

6 minutes ago, 98Z5V said:

Handloaded 5.56 77gr Sierra MatchKings - because I can't make them realize that the Hornady 75gr HPBTs are slightly superior.  Decade of testing between the two, and they still don't get it. I almost swiched DirtBike Tommy, though - gave him 10 rounds to shoot...  It rocked him.  

75 or 77, through a 5.56 gun.  Don't you let ANYONE tell you that you can't drive that thing accurately to 850 or 1k yards.  You certainly can. Get that bitch to 2750fps through an 18" barrel, and that's where the magic happens.  Everytime.  DirtBike Tommy's loads were 2700fps - before suppressor - and I know that's what kicked it over the top.

Come shoot with me, you Hooker...   :thefinger:   The SDTF will leave you speechless...  :banana:

Impressive!

1 hour ago, 98Z5V said:

The SDTF will leave you speechless...  :banana:

As a fellow East coaster Lonewolf. All I can say, is that the SDTF is FUKING AWESOME! There's been some great Shenanigans and Hi-jinx that's gone on out there.

Case in point. 2017 Fall Meet-up :

The first time I brought my daughter along with me. We drove from MD by the way. She was in her late 20's at the time, but fit in like a glove. Instantly, was one of the fellas. So what happens. During one of the night shoots, a couple of us get this great idea......after many, many beers of course. Sketch puts a Go-pro on her forehead, I hand her an MK18 and tell her to let it rip as fast as she can. I think it was Shepp who was filming this (I could be wrong.......I was drinking of course). BUT........the hilarity ensues.

2 minutes ago, Rsquared said:

Case in point. 2017 Fall Meet-up

Wasn't that the year that Matt ran downrange to put out the "Tracer-fire in the brush?..."  - - never seen a white kid from NC sprint so fast...  :lmao: ...and the same year that you fuckers shot down the 450-yard target, filming "fireballs from muzzle devices..."   ?...  Hit everything BUT the fucking target at 450 yards. Shot a 1" wide t-post in half...  shot an  1/8" wide piece of paracord - at 450 yards, no less!  No marks on the target...   Fuckers...   :thefinger:

1 minute ago, 98Z5V said:

Wasn't that the year that Matt ran downrange to put out the "Tracer-fire in the brush?..."  - - never seen a white kid from NC sprint so fast...  :lmao: ...and the same year that you fuckers shot down the 450-yard target, filming "fireballs from muzzle devices..."   ?...  Hit everything BUT the fucking target at 450 yards. Shot a 1" wide t-post in half...  shot an  1/8" wide piece of paracord - at 450 yards, no less!  No marks on the target...   Fuckers...   :thefinger:

That sounds vaguely familiar. :laffs:

We do TIc-TACT-Toe at night at 450 now, you bastards... 

You CALL your square.  You hit another one?  Doesn't count, free game.  Hit the frame?  Yeah, we'll see that, and call it.  Here it is in daylight...

PXL_20210402_203645304~2.jpg

Pic courtesy of @blue109 ...   :hail:

Edited by 98Z5V

2 minutes ago, Rsquared said:

I can't wait to get into some of that. That looks like a lot of fun.

PLUS......$hit talking of course.

At the end of the round - and completely, ALL THE WAY THROUGH IT - it is ALL ABOUT THE SHIIT-TALKING,brother...  All the way...  The Shiit-talking starts as soon as you call one, and don't hit it.  It's GAME ON after that...  :lmao::banana:

As soon as you call one, and don't make it - it's back to 3rd Grade Rules, with Tic-TACT-Toe... you missed, and you're now the victim...   :laffs:

On 4/6/2021 at 11:23 PM, 98Z5V said:

Here you go, brother - hit up Tech Note #78 in this link:

There used to be another one, about slightly bending the springs, to drop the weight even more, but I can't find that one right now.  Maybe Pat can point that one out.  :thumbup:

Saved my a$$ tonight. Thank you!  My usual "I don't need no stinking directions" was at play tonight. After cleaning the AR 10, figured I would lighten the match trigger to the top notch. "Something" fell out opposite my view side, caught a slight glimps &;I heard a "ting" when it hit the BCG lying on the bench. Finally found a little silver D ring & wondered WTF. Opened the Armalite tech files you linked. BAM!!! It's all right there, problem solved 👍

1 hour ago, Rsquared said:

As a fellow East coaster Lonewolf. All I can say, is that the SDTF is FUKING AWESOME! There's been some great Shenanigans and Hi-jinx that's gone on out there.

Case in point. 2017 Fall Meet-up :

The first time I brought my daughter along with me. We drove from MD by the way. She was in her late 20's at the time, but fit in like a glove. Instantly, was one of the fellas. So what happens. During one of the night shoots, a couple of us get this great idea......after many, many beers of course. Sketch puts a Go-pro on her forehead, I hand her an MK18 and tell her to let it rip as fast as she can. I think it was Shepp who was filming this (I could be wrong.......I was drinking of course). BUT........the hilarity ensues.

Cool as Hell!! 

5 hours ago, Lonewolf McQuade said:

Looked up an old thread:

4 hours ago, 98Z5V said:

Handloaded 5.56 77gr Sierra MatchKings - because I can't make them realize that the Hornady 75gr HPBTs are slightly superior.  Decade of testing between the two, and they still don't get it. 

I scored 1,000 Hornady 75gr HPBT’s two years ago. That is all I feed my Colt HBAR now.

20 hours ago, Sisco said:

I scored 1,000 Hornady 75gr HPBT’s two years ago. That is all I feed my Colt HBAR now.

They PERFORM, don't they, brother?   I love 'em.  :thumbup:  I ditched the 77 SMKs in 2011 or 2012 for those things.