• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Remington ammo coming back

mtrmn

Local Walmart ammo shelves have been empty for quite a while, with occasional odd arrivals Winchester or Federal rifle ammo like 270 or something.

Yesterday I did my normal walk-by and there was Remington 30-06, 30-30, and Remington Thunderbolt 22's. There were like 20 boxes of the Thunderbolts, 500 rds each. Walmart has a limit of 3 boxes per customer a day. These 500 Rd boxes were "clearance priced" at $9.00 each!!!! That's the kind of prices I was paying for 22s in like 1979 when I was a sr in high school!  Yes I got my limit.

I check the ammo section every time I go there, many times that's the only reason I go. They get regular truck runs throughout the week, but you never know when they'll get around to stocking the ammo shelves. Could be 2 or 3 days after they get it.

• 2 weeks later...

The Walmart in Abilene TX. sells reloading stuff.  Most of the pegs are empty now.  I did pick up a shell holder for 308 Win. the other day.  I think I paid about $7.00 for it.  Would like to have another shell holder for 223/5.56.  I use a RCBS hand primer tool and it s**ks having to break down the primer tool to use the reloading press.  I  wish Lee still made the old hand primer tool.  The new one is much worse than the RCBS hand tool.  Neither one last very long but the old LEE was easer to use.  I can still get parts for the RCBS when they are in stock.  No luck for the LEE.    😡😡😡

Steve

4 minutes ago, Armed Eye Doc said:

Do you search through the dumpsters for castoffs?

No, that place is fenced in and guarded, My neighbor retired from there,

i took a tour through there years ago.

They used to feed the deer rack growth that was inside that fence and let the emloyees bow hunt them. man you talkin some big racks on small deer. i wanted to slip over that fence and shoot one every year. Have been a couple arrested just for doing that. dern fence is about 8 to 10 feet. high. didn't go to close to measure cause cameras are everywhere.

Probably got some kind of permit.  it's a huge place with a lot of fence, now they may have a place they can get out behind it. I dunno, never been behind it. i just always use to see the huge racks going and coming home from work. it's right on the freeway.

On 5/3/2021 at 7:22 PM, Steve crawford said:

The Walmart in Abilene TX. sells reloading stuff.  Most of the pegs are empty now.  I did pick up a shell holder for 308 Win. the other day.  I think I paid about $7.00 for it.  Would like to have another shell holder for 223/5.56.  I use a RCBS hand primer tool and it s**ks having to break down the primer tool to use the reloading press.  I  wish Lee still made the old hand primer tool.  The new one is much worse than the RCBS hand tool.  Neither one last very long but the old LEE was easer to use.  I can still get parts for the RCBS when they are in stock.  No luck for the LEE.    😡😡😡

Steve

I have 3 words for you.  Lee bench prime!  Mine works fantastic and you'll never have a hand cramp from priming ever again.  Look it up!  :thumbup:

Do you have the old model or the new one with the Triangle shape primer tray?  I have read that some people have trouble with the new model.  I loved the old Lee hand prime but did not keep it lubed good enough.  Wore out the link arm on two of them before I got wise.  The RCBS hand prime tool works good if I keep it lubed.  I will check out the bench prime again.  Thanks.😀😀😀

Steve

Just ordered from Midway.  $39.99 with free shipping over $50.00 so I added a couple of spar primer trays and several shell holders that I didn't have already.  Will be here next week.  Thanks.  Another tool that I will have to mount to wood and C-clamp to my work bench when I want to use it.  Those 1X4's are getting expensive .  I will need to clear a wall to hang all of them on.  😂😂😂

Steve

12 minutes ago, Steve crawford said:

Just ordered from Midway.  $39.99 with free shipping over $50.00 so I added a couple of spar primer trays and several shell holders that I didn't have already.  Will be here next week.  Thanks.  Another tool that I will have to mount to wood and C-clamp to my work bench when I want to use it.  Those 1X4's are getting expensive .  I will need to clear a wall to hang all of them on.  😂😂😂

Steve

Yeah, wood has gone up a lot in the last year or two and they said it was due to the forest fires. NOW we know the truth! YOU are the cause with all those 1x4's you've been buying!:laffs:

@DNPDirk may have something to say about this!:hornet:

Edited by 392heminut

Haven't seen shlt in ammo at my local Wal-Mart's.  Saw 1 box of 380 only & that was about 4 months ago. Local gun shops have had some quickly coming in & out at high prices. Local sporting goods store has been semi reasonable priced but don't get much & not very often. I bought ALL the 7.62x51 (400-600 rounds I believe) a month back or so., they haven't received any since. They do get some 9mm & shotgun shells in every couple weeks, very little.