• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

9MM glock = trash

Joe Knows

Most people who know me know I can’t be around without criticizing Glock. So one reason I’m not a fan is ergonomics but I won’t push that one on this topic even though their ergonomics are so hard to ignore. My topic today will be limp wristing. 

I know an instructor who always tries to tell women not to own 9mm pistols because they’re more prone to a limp wrist failure. Glocks mass also makes limp wrist failures more likely. I don’t own a Glock and never will do yes this is a biased opinion but here’s a video to back it up

5 hours ago, Joe Knows said:

The video puts it up against other guns with the same limp wrist. I would argue it’s any polymer gun. But what’s the most popular polymer out there? Glock so I thought I would show it

But it’s comparing apples to hammers. It’s the only polymer gun in the comparison. Neither the cz nor the sig are compatible as both are single/double action that are hammer fired. Glock is a single action striker fire pistol. Just saying. Hardly proves anything to me

I hated Glock for years - hell, decades.  Because I did shoot a 1st Gen G17 right after they were released, and I hated it.  So, I hated all Glocks, for decades.

Then, I bought a Gen 5 G19X.  That gun changed me.  If I know I'm going to get into a gunfight, ahead of time (clairvoyant, and all that shiit), I'd pack that 19x that day, over any Kimber 1911 in my safe, or and XD-series in my safe.  No questions asked, no second thoughts, and I'd have no regrets.

Now, having said that, I'm a 1911 FAN...   I love 1911s.  But, I'd pick up that 19X over one of them, if I knew ahead of time it was gonna be a gunfight. 

Having sold a lot of Glocks when I worked in gun shops I never had anyone come back and say the gun didn't work. I like 1911's and have a few. I have 2 Glocks and 2 Glock clones I built. Kinda like 98Z if I knew when I walked out the door I was going to have to employ a handgun I would take one of the Glocks.

The only malfunctions I have experienced were ammo related with my Glocks. They go boom every time if fed quality ammo.

Shoot what you want.

Almost any semiautomatic handgun will jam if not gripped properly.

There are always revolvers for the grip challenged.

Edited by shooterrex
spelling

My current carry gun is a G43X with the 15-rd Shield Arms mags.  So, with 1 in the pipe, a 15 loaded, a 15 spare and a 10 spare, I'm rolling 41 rounds of quality 9mm defensive ammo on me.

That should be enough ammo to get me to whatever vehicle I'm driving that day - where I'll retrieve my rifle, and finish whatever it is that's still so serious.

4 minutes ago, shooterrex said:

Almost any semiautomatic handgun will jam if not gripped properly.

Exactly.

34 parts in a Glock.  They just don't fuk up, all by themselves.  They're too simple, and effective, in operation.

I used to hate them.  My dear friend @StainTrain will be happy to know that I've changes my ways, used the new ones, and seen the light.   :hail: 

I have no glocks. I only bought Walthers because I love the paddle mag release and feel it's superior to a button. Now that walther has abandoned it, and I'm not going to pay for HK, I'll probably start buying glocks. Something about them (ergos maybe) that just works for me and I shoot them well. They are UNDENIABLY reliable and simple. They are boring, and that's not a bad thing for a tool. Limp wristing won't be an issue for me unless I'm already full of holes. 

4 hours ago, blue109 said:

They are boring, and that's not a bad thing for a tool.

Except of course for all the money that can be spent giving them personality :laffs:, talk about a massive amount of choices on parts and accessories! That does lead to a pretty active secondary market though :thumbup:

2 hours ago, jtallen83 said:

Except of course for all the money that can be spent giving them personality :laffs:, talk about a massive amount of choices on parts and accessories! That does lead to a pretty active secondary market though :thumbup:

Good point - they're just as customizable as the 1911s are.  It's just crazy how many parts there are out there for both platforms.   I'll say this on the Gen 5 Glocks - the barrel (Glock Marksman Barrel) is a great barrel, very accurate for a factory barrel, and comparable to any high-$$$ aftermarket barrel.  The G5 triggers are a huge improvement.  On the 19X, I never changed a single thing or added a single part - no need.   On the 43X, I changed two things: added night sights after I got 500 rounds straight through it with zero malfunctions (it took 500 rounds to hit the 500-rd threshold), and added the Shield Arms metal mag release so I could run their 15-rd mags.  That's it.  Stock G5 trigger.

At one point, I might pick up the Timney Game Changer trigger for the 19X, but that would be a "want" and not a "need."

I liked my Glock 19 so much (and it's old, like gen 2 or some such) that it replaced a Detonics Mk VI combat Master 45 as my EDC. This was about 1990 or so. I added night sights and had 1 problem with the gun very early on. It fired when I pulled the trigger, then it would fire again when I let off the trigger. Sent it to Glock and it came back fixed. Don't know what was wrong. No problem since then.

• 2 years later...

I tried Glocks , many of them I have owned but each one is just another 2x4 to grip simple just do not like their ergonomics they go boom every time ,AND sometimes when they are not suppose to they are the number 1 pistol for AD's not through the guns fault but through operator error. not having any outside safety just does not work for everyone. I am a old school pistol guy grew up on 1911's sig 226 Browning BDA's etc so my choice now is a FNX-9 goes boom every time and has the controls I am used to. And for all you guys who stuff a Glock down the front of your pants good luck with that...

Appendix is a new thing again I am old school never point a loaded gun at anything you do not want to destroy.... my 2 arrows!

On 1/28/2024 at 6:31 AM, Magwa said:

And for all you guys who stuff a Glock down the front of your pants good luck with that...

Appendix is a new thing again I am old school never point a loaded gun at anything you do not want to destroy.... my 2 arrows!

Brother, you hit the nail on the head right there!:thumbup: