• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Veteran's Day, 2021

98Z5V

I want to start this off, as a Veteran myself - it's not me, not about me.  Never was, and never will be.  I did my time, pulled 21.5 years, and did some crazy shiit in my time.  I got paid to do alot of things that "adventurous people" - Civilian people - pay alot of money to do.  Skiiing, kayaking, driving small high-horsepower boats, sky-diving, scuba diving, general fucking around with expensive toys, or just blowing 25k rounds of ammo in a weekend.  Or blowing $3m in munitions starting the 2nd week of Sep, because the new fiscal years starts 1 Oct.  And that stuff "needs to be gone or we won't get it next year..."

Here's where this goes...   It's not me.  Nothing about that.  It's the ones I learned from, that taught me how to handle that.  MY senior NCOs that beat the fuk out of me as a young smartass.  Those that HEMMED MY AS UP QUICK for the smallest mistakes.  Those that guided me through hard times, and difficult decisions.  Those that lifted me up, when I fucked up, and luckily, I didn't get anybody killed...  Veteran's Day is for my heroes - the ones that guided me, moved me, changed me, militarily. 

I've luckily pulled off some pretty spectacular shiit in my life, but it's not because of me - it's because of my trainers, that formed me, trained me, were hard on me, dogged me, SMOKED ME, ...   and then taught me what that was all about.  They're my heroes - I'm lucky that I didn't fuk up the lessons that they beat into me, way back when, and I'm lucky I recalled it when needed, and pulled it off.  Pure luck.  Beatings, back then, were required. 

On this Veteran's Day, I pay humble homage to those that were above me, and taught me to do the right thing.

I hope theres some younger fucker out there, that's saying the same thing about me, after I beat him up for small mistakes in training, so he didn't make large mistakes in combat.

God Bless every Vet out there. No matter what their job was, service branch was, or what they did.  They did it for this country. 

53 minutes ago, 98Z5V said:

and then taught me what that was all about.

Our young men are missing this, missing the mentors, missing that manhood test, the right of passage. We used to have this built into society but I can't think were else I could have gotten that kind of life education as a young man. I pray todays makers of men can pass on their traditions.

Thank you to all that served in our Armed force's. We pray for our Veterans and our Troops everyday at the table. Having the privilege of working with many of these men right out of highschool in the Steel mill there was no fukin around. They were serious and focused on the job so when I fukedup it was brought to my attention in no uncertain terms so I never made the same mistake again. They took care of me, as the mill was an easy place to get dead. I carried that with me for the rest of my career accuracy, craftsmanship, and hard work. God bless them all.🍻🍻🇺🇸