• Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Let's See Those 1911's

KillShot

7 hours ago, Sisco said:

Just picked this custom 1911 holster and magazine pouch from a local leathersmith. I likey.

20190912_164314.jpg

DAMN!!!  That is artwork!!!   :hail:

There's a local leather guy that showed up here recently- he's from somewhere else, but moved his snow-bird ass here...   and got in with my Gun Pusher.  He's got a 5" 1911 holster in the shop as a "demo" with a SWEET Punisher skull on it...   that would fit my Desert Warrrior but PROPER... I'm jonesin' on that damn holster, trying to resist...   :embarrassed:

6 hours ago, Lonewolf McQuade said:

Left to right: Remington R1 Enhanced, Springfield GI Milspec, Colt Government (upgraded), Para Ordinance Elite.

Gawd Damn!  Those are some nice 1911s, brother!!!   :banana:

• Replies 467
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Lonewolf McQuade said:

@98Z5V you got to get us a picture of that Punisher holster,  Even if that means you buy it!

I'll be in there tomorrow or Saturday, so I'll take the Desert Warrior with me and park it in that holster.  That's only gonna spell bad news for me, if I do that for you fuckers, though...   :lmao:

"Just to get a pic" right?...  I'm gonna suffer for this, I can see this bruise on my horizon right now...      :bitchslap:

1 minute ago, 98Z5V said:

I'll be in there tomorrow or Saturday, so I'll take the Desert Warrior with me and park it in that holster.  That's only gonna spell bad news for me, if I do that for you fuckers, though...   :lmao:

"Just to get a pic" right?...  I'm gonna suffer for this, I can see this bruise on my horizon right now...      :bitchslap:

hey buddy, in the unfortunate event you can't walk out of the place without purchasing the holster,  & about to lose your life at the hands of your wife, I'll take it off your hands for half price! Just to make sure you are safe 🤣

1 minute ago, Lonewolf McQuade said:

hey buddy, in the unfortunate event you can't walk out of the place without purchasing the holster,  & about to lose your life at the hands of your wife, I'll take it off your hands for half price! Just to make sure you are safe 🤣

I got rid of the second wife two years ago.  The first one in 1997 for practical purposes, 1999 for real. I'm safe on that. People ask what my marital status is, and I say "Very Happily Divorced!"  :banana:

I ain't afraid of the holster, or what it might cost.  I'm afraid of liking it, alot - and how many of the other 1911s might need one of them...  THAT is the scary part!...    :laffs:

1 minute ago, 98Z5V said:

I got rid of the second wife two years ago.  The first one in 1997 for practical purposes, 1999 for real. I'm safe on that. People ask what my marital status is, and I say "Very Happily Divorced!"  :banana:

I ain't afraid of the holster, or what it might cost.  I'm afraid of liking it, alot - and how many of the other 1911s might need one of them...  THAT is the scary part!...    :laffs:

Happily divorced twice myself! You're buying the holster!

7 hours ago, 98Z5V said:

Yup, just like when I found that guy and his grips......

Mernickel holsters I got a gun belt from them a few years ago. There was a misunderstanding and I got a belt that was a little big. Now it's way to big so they will shorten it for $14.00.  So I sent it back and it returned to small. Called them told them my waist because they factor IMB or OMB. They just made a new one , no extra charge . I called to thank them. New owners same great service. 😁

14 hours ago, edgecrusher said:

Yup, just like when I found that guy and his grips......

Exactly!   But those bitches look so good on that gun, brother...   :hail:

4 hours ago, Lonewolf McQuade said:

@98Z5V do you mind not fuc%ing off so much??? If i wanted to wait 6 months to see the holster, I'd fuc%ing walk to the shop myself! Selfish basstard

Haha!   I was in there tonight, right after work, too.  I didn't take the Desert Warrior to work with me, so no pic today.  I'll take it in there tomorrow and get the pic...   :banana:

2 hours ago, unforgiven said:

Mernickel holsters I got a gun belt from them a few years ago. There was a misunderstanding and I got a belt that was a little big. Now it's way to big so they will shorten it for $14.00.  So I sent it back and it returned to small. Called them told them my waist because they factor IMB or OMB. They just made a new one , no extra charge . I called to thank them. New owners same great service. 😁

I swear by them.  I have a couple of their holsters, and they're fucking GREAT holsters...  :thumbup:

So, I meet up with @edgecrusher in 2011 or 2012, having already met out here in the desert before.  He's really the one that the "desert shoot" stuff started with, no lie.  So, I'd met him the year before out here, this is the second time meeting up.  We link up just outside of Tombstone at an annual HUGE Cowboy Action Shoot that his Father In Law is into - and it was badass.  Met Bob and Sherrie Mernickle there, and bought my first two holsters from them.  Wonderful people, just amazing.  Greg says, "Hey, what's this guy doing over here?  Is he making grips?..."   We walk into his tent - sure enough, this guy is from Tucson, and he makes some BADASS custom grips for the Cowboy Action Guns - AND makes them for 1911s...   Damnit.  Greg looks at this big chunk of Burl Ironwood, two-tone brown, and says, "THAT!!!   THAT!!!   It's gonna be GREAT on the Desert Warrior!!!..."     Fuk me... 

I was carrying the Tac Pro II that day, and didn't have the Desert Warrior on me - but it was Saturday.  Greg and Fam had to fly out on Sunday, but I had to go back to the shoot anyway, because I had all our raffle tickets, and top prize was a complete Dillon 650B reloading setup.  I took the Desert Warrior back there,met up with the grip guy...  Couldn't find the fucking piece of Burl Ironwood, though, that was IN THE CASE YESTERDAY?!!?  WTF?!   The guy pulled it on Saturday, right after Greg and I left the tent, because he KNEW...  He pulls it out of a pocket in his shop apron, and says, "you're looking for THIS one..."     :lmao:

I had to literally give him the gun - he had it for 5 weeks, total, to make the grips for it.   Out of a bigass  hunk of wood.  Unreal workmanship, damn near artwork.  He cut the wood block right down the middle, and reversed the pieces, so they'd be about as "mirror-image" as they could be.  He knocked it outta the park.  :hail:

Thanks, Greg...   :thefinger:

This motherfucker in a brown leather Punisher holster is gonna be fucking SWEET!...   :laffs:

P1080265.thumb.JPG.efa7e808070213dd716a126a57c4d455.JPG

P1080266.thumb.JPG.3a7703bf21af2158acab51b9baa57260.JPG

Edited by 98Z5V

6 minutes ago, sketch said:

That is nice!  In my spare time ( as if) I need  to do this with wood.👍

You've never shot this bitch, brother?  It goes out to every Fall Shoot...   Oh, wait...   @edgecrusher claims it before every trip out here, so it's hard to get it out of his hands...  :banana::thumbup:

50 minutes ago, 98Z5V said:

So, I meet up with @edgecrusher in 2011 or 2012, having already met out here in the desert before.  He's really the one that the "desert shoot" stuff started with, no lie.  So, I'd met him the year before out here, this is the second time meeting up.  We link up just outside of Tombstone at an annual HUGE Cowboy Action Shoot that his Father In Law is into - and it was badass.  Met Bob and Sherrie Mernickle there, and bought my first two holsters from them.  Wonderful people, just amazing.  Greg says, "Hey, what's this guy doing over here?  Is he making grips?..."   We walk into his tent - sure enough, this guy is from Tucson, and he makes some BADASS custom grips for the Cowboy Action Guns - AND makes them for 1911s...   Damnit.  Greg looks at this big chunk of Burl Ironwood, two-tone brown, and says, "THAT!!!   THAT!!!   It's gonna be GREAT on the Desert Warrior!!!..."     Fuk me... 

I was carrying the Tac Pro II that day, and didn't have the Desert Warrior on me - but it was Saturday.  Greg and Fam had to fly out on Sunday, but I had to go back to the shoot anyway, because I had all our raffle tickets, and top prize was a complete Dillon 650B reloading setup.  I took the Desert Warrior back there,met up with the grip guy...  Couldn't find the fucking piece of Burl Ironwood, though, that was IN THE CASE YESTERDAY?!!?  WTF?!   The guy pulled it on Saturday, right after Greg and I left the tent, because he KNEW...  He pulls it out of a pocket in his shop apron, and says, "you're looking for THIS one..."     :lmao:

I had to literally give him the gun - he had it for 5 weeks, total, to make the grips for it.   Out of a bigass  hunk of wood.  Unreal workmanship, damn near artwork.  He cut the wood block right down the middle, and reversed the pieces, so they'd be about as "mirror-image" as they could be.  He knocked it outta the park.  :hail:

Thanks, Greg...   :thefinger:

This motherfucker in a brown leather Punisher holster is gonna be fucking SWEET!...   :laffs:

P1080265.thumb.JPG.efa7e808070213dd716a126a57c4d455.JPG

P1080266.thumb.JPG.3a7703bf21af2158acab51b9baa57260.JPG

Damn beautiful brother!!!

^^^  That thing is perfection, right there, for a carry gun. I wouldn't mill that slide for anything.

Just buy a Glock with the slide already milled, and beat the fuk out of it daily, run over it with your car on accident, it won't care.

I can't believe I just gave that out as an opinion.  I turned into a Glock-Fag...   

15 hours ago, 98Z5V said:

^^^  That thing is perfection, right there, for a carry gun. I wouldn't mill that slide for anything.

Just buy a Glock with the slide already milled, and beat the fuk out of it daily, run over it with your car on accident, it won't care.

I can't believe I just gave that out as an opinion.  I turned into a Glock-Fag...   

Glocks? Really? I can't believe they let you stay on this fuking site!