• Visit Sportsmans Guide

Let's See Those 1911's

KillShot

• Replies 467
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 9/13/2019 at 5:36 PM, unforgiven said:

Mernickel holsters I got a gun belt from them a few years ago. There was a misunderstanding and I got a belt that was a little big. Now it's way to big so they will shorten it for $14.00.  So I sent it back and it returned to small. Called them told them my waist because they factor IMB or OMB. They just made a new one , no extra charge . I called to thank them. New owners same great service. 😁

Just saw this... new owners?? I’ve known Bob for years. Who’s he sell to??

32 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

I couldn't help myself. I'm a 3-time loser when it comes to divorces, but a 1-time winner when it comes to marriages. My current wife and I have been together, happily, since 1985.

Life is wonderful if/when you find the right woman! I traded my "65' Caddilac"(last ex wife) in on a "85' sports car" (my beautiful Southern Belle) 4 years ago last Thursday. Four of the happiest years at my life, EXAUSTING, but happy☺!    I wish I would have met HER 20 years ago.....

Edited by Lonewolf McQuade

I've been wanting a short-gripped 1911 for forever. I keep saying they're too hard to conceal and the manufacturers keep making them with shorter barrels. Shiit, I can conceal an 8" barrel, but I can't deal with a 7-round magazine. Springfield Armory finally came up with an XD-S in .45 ACP with a 4-inch barrel, and the damn thing feels perfect! C'mon Colt! WTF?

23 hours ago, Robocop1051 said:

Just saw this... new owners?? I’ve known Bob for years. Who’s he sell to??

I'm getting regular emails from them now, just frmo being a past customer.  I can look the new people up.  Makes me want to talk to Bob and Sherrie, though...

When you hit the old website, it's now "Mernickle Holsters by Howlin' Wolf Leather"

New%20Logo%20Design.png

Edited by 98Z5V

• 3 months later...

Just complete gorgeous execution of the most perfect design ever invented, and from an awesome perfectionist, Bill Wilson... 

Very nice, Doc.  Thank you, John By-God Moses Browning - you designed the greatest, everytime you designed one.  :hail:

7 minutes ago, 98Z5V said:

Just complete gorgeous execution of the most perfect design ever invented, and from an awesome perfectionist, Bill Wilson... 

Very nice, Doc.  Thank you, John By-God Moses Browning - you designed the greatest, everytime you designed one.  :hail:

I think I got a great deal on it, $1400.  It looks close to new.  There's a little holster wear on the front edges but not much else.

23 minutes ago, Armed Eye Doc said:

I think I got a great deal on it, $1400.  It looks close to new.  There's a little holster wear on the front edges but not much else.

That holster wear won't matter - if you didn't PUT some holster wear on it, I'd be disappointed...   :thumbup:

I have one Safe Queen 1911, and I'll show it to you next time you're over here.  There's a reason behind that one.  Oh, it gets shot - it'll never be abused or worn daily.  That one is very special to me, for very special reasons.  I'll still let you put your dikbeaters all over it and shoot it, though...  :banana:

Edited by 98Z5V