• Visit Sportsmans Guide

Let's See Those 1911's

KillShot

• Replies 467
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

22 hours ago, Sharpshooter said:

That's really sweet! Wish I had your skills and your equipment. I'd love to see a Combat Commander with the butt cut down to hold 5 rounds. Never had any problem concealing any barrel length 1911 except for the grip.

Would an Officer frame with the Commander slide work?

• 1 month later...
4 hours ago, 392heminut said:

Nice! I have an RIA in 38 Super and my son just got my grandson one in 9mm. I have to say, I'm really impressed with these RIA 1911's, you can't beat them for the price!

I am impressed also on the fit and finish of it. 

21 hours ago, AzRon said:

I am impressed also on the fit and finish of it. 

They put out great firearms - and that 10mm is a BEAUTY!!!   Hang on to that thing, man - what an awesome pistola.   :hail:

• 2 weeks later...

Have a double-stack Para from years back, not fancy, but my pistol of choice.  I won't knock a Grock or any of the modern day go-to's, have shot some of them and they're nice but I do love 1911.

There used to be a lot of aftermarket parts for them as they were popular to customize for racegun but I kept mine pretty stock mainly because the budget wasn't there back in the day, was spending it all on my .30cal long gun habit. 🙂   Wish now I had gotten some of those parts.  I did put a full length guide rod and an extra power spring on it but that is about it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Got  to the range yesterday, box of extra springs and spare parts in tow, but nothing needed. Shot flawlessly from round one and POI was POA. Nice group. 3:00-4:00 ejection @ 8-10'. Remsport SS barrel and match bushing, RIA slide good combination. Used TR Enabling/ Remsport for slides and other parts before but first time used their barrel/ bushing. Good stuff for reasonable $$$