• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

My favorite handgun is a

telluwhat

I carry a Springfield Armory Champion Operator 1911 with an added Ed Brown mainspring housing mag well combo in a Garrett Industries holster. My favorite is its big brother the TRP Operator with the full railed dust cover. I replaced the stock adjustable sight and injection molded hammer hammer with a set of night sights and a squared STI hammer.

You didn't tell me you had the Champ Operator too!!! I officially hate you now! Don't worry, it's just a jealousy thing until I can find one willing to be shipped to the People's Republic of Kalifornistan. (Or maybe a Kimber TLE/RL Pro)

I scored my full rail TRP Oper for a HUGE deal, but I'd really like a commander sized model.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You didn't tell me you had the Champ Operator too!!! I officially hate you now! Don't worry, it's just a jealousy thing until I can find one willing to be shipped to the People's Republic of Kalifornistan. (Or maybe a Kimber TLE/RL Pro)

I scored my full rail TRP Oper for a HUGE deal, but I'd really like a commander sized model.

:)) I literally wore the finish off of it and its being cerakoted I should  have it back Tuesday

When I had my gunshop open to the public, We Blued every week.

The final tank contained 5 gal of wd40.  As we added guns, it would heat up to well over 175*.

We left the guns in it over the weekend, and wiped them and put them together on Tuesday Morning.  The bluing seemed  deeper in color, and much more resistant to scratches!

Also, our customers said that the guns seemed much more resistant to rust.

I don't blue any more, but when I have one done. the first thing I do when I get it back from the bluer is heat a tank of wd40 to 175, put the gun in it for 48 hours, and then wipe it off and put it together.

Haven't had anything rust in 40 years, LOL!!

Respectfully

Terry

Thank you!   I try to give practical advice, when I give any at all.   Being in the retail gun business for @50 years does give me some experience.  The reason I mention mention my years of experience is so other members  will know I'm not some newbe spoutig. Thries".

Another thing I have first hand knowledge of is the difference between Brownnels oxy7 and Dulite.   Two completly different bluing chemicals.  The Oxy7 will remove ALL copper fouling from a bbl.  Duelite will not remove ANY copper.

Respectfully

Terry

Of all the mags that are hard to get the FNX 45 is one of the worst and it does not use the FNP 45 mags

The old "No need to check availability of accessories" trap.  <laughs>

My buddy was all happy when he scored a Walther P99 for $250-ish.  Months later he calls and says "Damn Jon, where are the affordable magazines for this thing?"

Jon

There finish is lacking on the new stuff for sure. Mine runs flawless. But the finish is a joke. I have heard other guys guns though had to be taking to gunsmiths because they where all jacked up. I seen some info some where like they crank out like 180K 1911s a year. And nighthawk and Wilson are more like 1500 1911s. Kimber just need to slow up a bit and take some time. Been also hearing bad things about there rifles here lately to.

Damn 98 that is a sweet stack