• Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

My favorite handgun is a

telluwhat

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

seems like ruger P series is the first gun for lots of people.  honestly they are solid weapons. ive had a P85 and two P95s over the years and they all ran well. i get bored of guns pretty often but i really like my walther P99. my other guns are dusty because its all i carry anymore. currently trying to decide between a FNP45 and a HK45 for my next love affair.

I'v fired, and carried, thousands of different handguns in my 40 years of being a professional gunsmith.

My favorite is a series 70 Colt 1911 in 45ACP.  I bought it new, in 1974, and literally fired well over 100,000 rounds in it ( to the tune of two new bbls, and one new slide) .  After replacing the slide, I retired from competitive shooting, and the gun "only" has had @25,000 rounds through it since.

I'v got Colts, SW's, Rugers, Berettas. walthers, Uberties, and several others in the safe.  The one brand I refuse to buy is Tarus.

That "old" 1911 is my "go to" gun.

Terry

Wow, sure are some great guns posted. I have looked up each to read about them and I can say I would enjoy any of them. Sometime down the way I will get a new gun and it may be one of these. It is always fun to get a new one. I remember the day I walked out with mine. Yeah it was ages ago but you never forget your first one, LOL. I am sure looking forward to seeing some more and if you have photos it is just more eye candy. Thanks for sharing.

telluwhat

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Too hard to say for me.  I teach more handgun classes than anything else, so I feel a need to stay proficient with all of them.

If frequency being shot is a factor, then the XD-M .45s are king right now.  The 3.8 is my current daily carry.  The 5.2, with a PRP trigger kit, recently digested about 400 rounds on one range trip.

Which reminds me...I need to clean brass.

Jon

That cool shop I walked into the other day as a damn nice Kimber custom TLE ii( I think that is right ) for 589.00, I don't know why it is still there. Oh,  wait I do know. It cause I am getting the Sig.

That's somewhere around 1/3 the price of that one...  <thumbsup>

Yeah I know! My wife kinda didn't like me getting the Sig and I told her it would be the last one for a while. Well if he still has it after I get the Sig I may go ahead and het the KC without her knowing. Maybe I can gwt away with it if not I will through it in the For Sale Section for what I have in it at the end.

• 2 months later...

My new fav is gonna be a Sig Scorpion carry,got the ball started.Shop was out will see what Sig's situation is. <dontknow> Will have my first pistol that starts with a four five. ;)

I just look up your new gun Renè at http://www.gunblast.com/SIG-Scorpion1911.htm I like it. You will have to let me know how it shoots once it comes in. Nice  <thumbsup>

You can't go wrong with a Sig pistol. I love the P226 series, and recently had some custom work done to my P226R Elite.

Then my wife surprised me with a Father's Day/5yr Anniversary gift of my dream pistol. A Sig P226 X5 Lightweight. This gun shoots better than my SA 1911 operator and I am more accurate with it as well.

post-2294-136297280614_thumb.jpg

post-2294-136297280617_thumb.jpg