• Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Grilling

imschur

2 minutes ago, shepp said:

If you weren’t so sick of rock co I’d tell you to come down and get some rubs

Now now, with that type of talk you are gonna make my wife jealous. I am flattered but you just aren’t my type. 🤣

trust me brother if I come down there to see family, you will be the only one I will be putting any effort in to see. 

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

9 hours ago, sketch said:

damn amateurs looking good on the first run! looks good so far bro! 🍻🍻

2 hours ago, Sisco said:

Don’t think you need advice you are doing just fine.

Well this amateur needs to plan more with the timing. The venison roast wasn’t done in time for a late dinner but the pork buts weren’t done until after 1am. I can’t stay up like I used to. 🤣

28 minutes ago, ARTrooper said:

Well this amateur needs to plan more with the timing. The venison roast wasn’t done in time for a late dinner but the pork buts weren’t done until after 1am. I can’t stay up like I used to. 🤣

7 pound butt usually takes 8-9 hours in my experience 

fyi it freezes great in vac seal bags and thaws fast for a quick meal

Edited by shepp

1 hour ago, unforgiven said:

To figure about a little over an 1 -1 1/2 hr a pound a good start. For a pork shoulder or brisket I'm getting up early with meat on around 0400 .

Yeah i need to do that. The wife shredded it today and it was amazing! Next time will have to be more prepared and have better timing. I will show the picture when the wife sends it to me of it nicely shredded. I did wrap it in tinfoil after 5 hours because I am not really into the outer crust. I am very happy with the final product. 

the venison roast didn’t turn out as good but it still tasted good and the neck did have a lot of gristle

7 hours ago, ARTrooper said:

Yeah i need to do that. The wife shredded it today and it was amazing! Next time will have to be more prepared and have better timing. I will show the picture when the wife sends it to me of it nicely shredded. I did wrap it in tinfoil after 5 hours because I am not really into the outer crust. I am very happy with the final product. 

the venison roast didn’t turn out as good but it still tasted good and the neck did have a lot of gristle

This is my favorite wild game chef 

https://honest-food.net

Looks good! Did you brine the venison? A low fat meat like that would benefit from it. I decided I am going to lightly smoke some lake trout and Coho Salmon this year then put it up in 12 oz canning jars for appetizer food. Tomorrow I am smoking some country style ribs.

8 hours ago, Sisco said:

Looks good! Did you brine the venison? A low fat meat like that would benefit from it. I decided I am going to lightly smoke some lake trout and Coho Salmon this year then put it up in 12 oz canning jars for appetizer food. Tomorrow I am smoking some country style ribs.

My wife was going off of a recipe she found, which had us soak the roast in a marinade over night. So it wasn’t a brine.

Ignore my comment from the canning thread, didn’t see this. Smoking fish is one thing I want to get into often. Wife and I love the taste of smoked fish. 

1 hour ago, ARTrooper said:

My wife was going off of a recipe she found, which had us soak the roast in a marinade over night. So it wasn’t a brine.

Ignore my comment from the canning thread, didn’t see this. Smoking fish is one thing I want to get into often. Wife and I love the taste of smoked fish. 

Hit up some of those trout streams up there I would usually bring a few home and smoke them whole. Keep the chubby and suckers too for pickling 

4 hours ago, shepp said:

Well tie then to a GD tree or teach them how to fish or some poop 

Some day soon I hope. They just have to much energy 

2 hours ago, unforgiven said:

Maybe I will see if I can find that. 

nice chicken @shepp, looks delicious