imschur

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, shepp said:

Damn, brother - it's gotta be out in the dirt with me - I don't want to bend down to that short little fucker just to smoke something!...  

3 minutes ago, DNP said:

The camp chef cooks better than most of them. 

women that is. Not all, but most of them. 

Oh, I hear ya.  :laffs:

Edited by 98Z5V

10 minutes ago, shepp said:

I’ve heard good things about camp chef 

there are a lot of good ones out there, imo you over pay for treager, someone’s gotta pay for their name and all the free grills they give to celebs 

I'm seeing that, too, when I look at them in stores.  I'm looking at the Camp Chef's, and they just seem STURDY.  I look at the exact same sized Treager, and it's $550 and not $350, and doesn't look as tough.  That's just for the little ones.  I want a "medium" one - not huge, but big enough for one fatass turkey or a couple 10lb pork butts at once... 

Edited by 98Z5V

18 minutes ago, 98Z5V said:

Damn, brother - it's gotta be out in the dirt with me - I don't want to bend down to that short little fucker just to smoke something!...  

Oh, I hear ya.  :laffs:

That’s why it’s called the “tailgater” you came from the Midwest you gotta know about tailgating?!?

9 minutes ago, shepp said:

That’s why it’s called the “tailgater” you came from the Midwest you gotta know about tailgating?!?

Sheit, brother - I want a full-size smoke-beast, not some little thing!...  If you fuckers are getting me into this, then I'm not getting into it "little"...      :banana:

33 minutes ago, shepp said:

I have one of these GM Davy Crockett jobs, it is small but large enough for a couple of racks of ribs or a small briskit and a small turkey, not a lot of wasted space that I never use on a big one. The WiFi works very well. It's legs will fold up so it can be used on the tailgate of your truck and connect up to the truck battery or an auxiliary 12 V battery pack  (battery,light, compressor, boost starter)" I have a Stanley one that I keep in the UTV or pickup.

61h6B3gf7RL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Edited by mrmackc

• 2 weeks later...

Parts for my grill came today. The wifi on my board went out in November, and Sunday night I went to fire up my grill in -3 to make a pizza for the super bowl and it wouldn’t light. Tuesday I ordered a new board and igniter just in case (there were nice enough to give me a 25% code when we trouble shot the board). Changed out the controller today and it still didn’t light glad I ordered the igniter too cuz that was also bad 

made pulled pork pizza tonight. Stubbs original for sauce, pizza mix cheese with cheddar, chopped pulled pork, bacon, onion and jalapeños with a drizzle of riffs smoke house sweet child of mine hot after it was grilled 

EC629211-6992-4B86-8D4B-F5EA7DF7755C.jpeg

2CE0D6F6-7D6C-4F2C-A40D-BAD6C1A3E675.jpeg

A355A445-A36A-4776-802C-1B25B95F1060.jpeg

F96659A9-86D0-4F14-98B6-90B4EF4A8659.jpeg

0D533A51-4873-4799-9A1A-646AB0CD9DEB.jpeg

94786A02-A4E7-4911-A761-E2EBE6063F99.jpeg

58 minutes ago, shepp said:

Parts for my grill came today. The wifi on my board went out in November, and Sunday night I went to fire up my grill in -3 to make a pizza for the super bowl and it wouldn’t light. Tuesday I ordered a new board and igniter just in case (there were nice enough to give me a 25% code when we trouble shot the board). Changed out the controller today and it still didn’t light glad I ordered the igniter too cuz that was also bad

I'll make a controls guy outta you eventually.

29 minutes ago, shepp said:

I know just enough to be dangerous with novar and CPC. All the stores I work on are automated in one way or another

Dude. I'm working with some $hit these days, that's Ethernet based....totally modular....expandable....and would rock your world with simplicity. I can make rooftops dance, or large central plants act as a symphony. I've even caused a sea change in my company in how I do my programming for this $hit. All of a sudden, a lot of the other guys are scratching their heads saying, "why didn't I think about that?" according to the owner a couple days ago. Imagine that. Because a stupid, mechanical based, nuts and bolts type of motherfucker like me approached this $hit the same way that I would approach a chiller replacement. Start at the beginning, and do one thing at a time. Keeping it as simple as possible the whole way.

And all the while my wiring is still kept simple and basic. Just like a light switch.....on and off.

Never forget the first rule (pretty much for all trades really).

KISS

Keep It Simple Stupid.

Edited by Rsquared

1 hour ago, Rsquared said:

Dude. I'm working with some $hit these days, that's Ethernet based....totally modular....expandable....and would rock your world with simplicity. I can make rooftops dance, or large central plants act as a symphony. I've even caused a sea change in my company in how I do my programming for this $hit. All of a sudden, a lot of the other guys are scratching their heads saying, "why didn't I think about that?" according to the owner a couple days ago. Imagine that. Because a stupid, mechanical based, nuts and bolts type of motherfucker like me approached this $hit the same way that I would approach a chiller replacement. Start at the beginning, and do one thing at a time. Keeping it as simple as possible the whole way.

And all the while my wiring is still kept simple and basic. Just like a light switch.....on and off.

Never forget the first rule (pretty much for all trades really).

KISS

Keep It Simple Stupid.

When I talked to green mountains tech they kindly offered to help me when we first diagnosed the wifi issue in November. I went to start her up to cook for the Super Bowl and it wouldn’t light. Didn’t know if the controller shit out more or if I lost the igniter so I ordered both,  well turns out it was a good idea to do so. I can’t fix a car but if it makes heat I probably figure it out 

10 hours ago, unforgiven said:

Extra parts is always good. My grills are snowed in.

I hear a lot of great things about GM, but it seems like you all replace a lot of chit. I’ve thrown my traeger out of a truck and abused the hell out of it fir years now....not a single part replaced.